Poly SAME ASSOCIATION: Finally the answer I've been waiting for!

Are you buying Poly direct when it goes on sale?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Frugal Fairy Tales

points are just points
Dear Disney Vacation Club, THANK YOU for your decision to include the new Polynesian tower in the existing Polynesian DVC association. You will be hearing from me when those points go on sale... as long as there are some good incentives! :)

Sincerely,
A happy Polynesian DVC owner

I was on the fence about adding on RIV direct, but this decision definitely solidifies that I will be adding on direct POLY. No brainer at this point. We can combine points to use at POLY at 11- months and will still have a chance to use at RIV at the 7-month mark. I am grateful we didn't buy RIV direct right away but now I am just sad now for people who did, not knowing they weren't going to continue down the restricted route. Maybe they will restrict more new resorts down the road, but that could be years and years into the future. Will be the first in-line to add on when sales go live. Hopefully those incentives are decent!

Dear Disney Vacation Club, THANK YOU for your decision to include the new Polynesian tower in the existing Polynesian DVC association. You will be hearing from me when those points go on sale... as long as there are some good incentives! :)

Sincerely,
A happy Polynesian DVC owner
Thank you for what excaclty? They didnt make any decisions

Whenever someone says "as of right now" tells me that there still trying to decide what to do. Until the condo document is signed I wouldn't accept anything

"While the legal setup will not be fully confirmed until the condo association is amended to add the new tower, Chang stated that "our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian resort." "

Last edited:
Thank you for what excaclty? They didnt make any decisions

Whenever someone says "as of right now" tells me that there still trying to decide what to do. Until the condo document is signed I wouldn't accept anything

"While the legal setup will not be fully confirmed until the condo association is amended to add the new tower, Chang stated that "our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian resort." "

Attachments

• OIP.jpeg
    OIP.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 24
I’m happy to use SAP points and book at 7 months.

I travel in August and in the future the middle/end of January so willing to book at what’s available.

If I can book a 1 bedroom for 3,4 or 5 days at POLY every once in a while that will be fine.

So no need for direct points. Having a third unrestricted resort with 1 bedroom 2 bathrooms is a win.

For us once every 5 or 6 years would be a fine rotation.

No real pressure now that it shares with the legacy resort. But if they give it up at 160ish a point after incentives then I will likely grab my member benefits. We aren’t being GFV folks here so we skipped it last summer for resale instead 👏

So even if you buy a different resort on resale, there will be no restrictions with the new tower?

Bought resale today. Was estimating a minimum of $180 direct so getting a double points loaded resale contract at $150 is a good deal in my book
Very smart. Just a tiny amount of risk that Disney will change their minds about the same association, but this seems very unlikely.

The first points I bought were this time last year and I went with resale Poly hoping they’d be the same association but being ok if it wasn’t. Ended up buying some direct VGF when they were selling at low prices in the summer. Super excited with the mix of my points after this announcement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter