Polynesian club level vs view

Ghosthost42

Earning My Ears
Hi there, my first time staying at the Polynesian next year and wanted to know if club level at the poly is worth it? Are the snacks really worth the extra money or is the room view better?

Hi there, my first time staying at the Polynesian next year and wanted to know if club level at the poly is worth it? Are the snacks really worth the extra money or is the room view better?

Poly CL rooms are in the Hawaii longhouse, which is a well located longhouse (IMO). Views can vary depending on your room view category, but a third floor Poly TPV room is, in my opinion, among the best possible room views in all of WDW. Regardless of your actual room view category, the lounge has a fantastic castle view.

“Worth” is always so subjective and no right or wrong answer of course, but I’m personally a Poly CL fan. The convenience of breakfast and an occasional snack/beverage/beer/wine has value for us (family of four, kids currently 11 and 7, just for context). Just simple stuff like having a quick cup of coffee handy vs having to go to Captain Cook’s. CL offerings tend to ebb and flow in quality/quantity over time, but pre-COVID Poly’s food offerings were pretty strong and generally well-recieved. We’ll have to see what things are like when it reopens in Feb.

Financially the food math vs cost of a CL room won’t really work out for most, but it’s more about how much value you put on the small conveniences and other CL services, in my opinion.

I can find things I like/value in any resort or CL, but Poly CL has been our most frequent destination over the years. The resort, location, CL services, views, and overall Vacation Kingdom vibe provide the full package in what we seek in a WDW trip.

Just one person’s perspective - happy to answer any questions.

I loved the club building. We ate breakfast there every day and, as we always take a midday swim break, it’s extremely close to the pool so we never had to pay for drinks or snacks while swimming.

People talk a lot about the fireworks view from the lounge, but every night we stayed there, the windows were totally fogged with humidity between the AC inside and warm air outside.

Poly CL rooms are in the Hawaii longhouse, which is a well located longhouse (IMO). Views can vary depending on your room view category, but a third floor Poly TPV room is, in my opinion, among the best possible room views in all of WDW. Regardless of your actual room view category, the lounge has a fantastic castle view.

“Worth” is always so subjective and no right or wrong answer of course, but I’m personally a Poly CL fan. The convenience of breakfast and an occasional snack/beverage/beer/wine has value for us (family of four, kids currently 11 and 7, just for context). Just simple stuff like having a quick cup of coffee handy vs having to go to Captain Cook’s. CL offerings tend to ebb and flow in quality/quantity over time, but pre-COVID Poly’s food offerings were pretty strong and generally well-recieved. We’ll have to see what things are like when it reopens in Feb.

Financially the food math vs cost of a CL room won’t really work out for most, but it’s more about how much value you put on the small conveniences and other CL services, in my opinion.

I can find things I like/value in any resort or CL, but Poly CL has been our most frequent destination over the years. The resort, location, CL services, views, and overall Vacation Kingdom vibe provide the full package in what we seek in a WDW trip.

Just one person’s perspective - happy to answer any questions.

thank you so much for the informative post. We have two boys and wanted to treat them to the poly. They have all club level rooms available for the week and we are currently in the garden view. But since you mentioned the theme park view now I’m wondering if we should switch!

thank you so much for the informative post. We have two boys and wanted to treat them to the poly. They have all club level rooms available for the week and we are currently in the garden view. But since you mentioned the theme park view now I’m wondering if we should switch!

Keep in mind, the theme park and lagoon view rooms in the Hawaii longhouse can be very loud, IMHO. Between the ferry boats, electric water pageant and MK fireworks, they are some of the loudest rooms on-property, I've found. If you are sensitive to noise, I would stick with garden view CL or drop CL altogether, book a standard view and request Rarotonga or Aotearoa.

I’ve stayed in them all and not going to lie, TPV is my strong preference. Although CL TPV rates have risen so much over the last few years the price has become a little obnoxious, depending on your perspective (and especially if there are no discounts). GV is the better value alternative since the price difference is material and you still get the good lounge view. And Hawaii is so central it’s like 30 seconds to walk out to the beach from any room to watch fireworks, EWP, etc… so one could argue the view is not the end all be all. TPV is a nice splurge though, IMO.

One thing to note (and sorry if you already know this) - first floor rooms have patios, third floor rooms have balconies, but the second floor rooms just have the sliding door with no balcony. If of importance to you, I’d make 3rd or 1st floor your one/only room request with the GV category.

We were surprised with a free upgrade to CL our first stay at the Poly in 2017 and it was AMAZING. We are spoiled now! The food was great, the cast members were very attentive and the lounge was really nice. If there were too many people, we simply took the food back to our room. We had a first floor room with a patio that looked out over the beach area and the over water bungalows. We didn't find the rooms to be loud at all but YMMV. It was all in all a lovely experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter