Polynesian Culture Center question

ebonyeyes

Mouseketeer
Thinking about spending a day at the PCC.
Is the Luau dinner actually a Luau or just dinner with entertainment? I heard the Ha Breath of Life show is amazing.
Is there actually enough time to visit all the areas and see the presentations in one day 12-5 or will I realistically want a second day? Thanks

I have paid the money to do a guided tour (more then once) and seen everything I wanted to see. In the past they have given a ticket to come back. Don't know if they are doing that now or not. (I haven't been in a couple of years). There are two options for dinner. One has a show and one doesn't. Since we have always gone to Ha we haven't gone to the "Luau". The buffet, without the show, has slightly more upscale food. And yes the show is amazing! I have been to PCC a number of times and see/find something different every time.

Thinking about spending a day at the PCC.
Is the Luau dinner actually a Luau or just dinner with entertainment? I heard the Ha Breath of Life show is amazing.
Is there actually enough time to visit all the areas and see the presentations in one day 12-5 or will I realistically want a second day? Thanks

IMO it’s challenging to do PCC in one day. I did a guided tour when I went a couple of years ago and we weren’t able to see all the islands and their presentations in one day. No presentations go on during the canoe pageant because everyone is on the canoe dancing. To get an idea of what there is to do, visit their website and try to plan what you want to do. They also did tours of the University area and another place I don’t remember. If you buy your tickets from PCC, you will have the option to return for multiple days for free.

I did the prime rib dinner at PCC and wished I had done the luau. Everyone in our tour group who did had great things to say about it. Yes, Ha is awesome. I think the show was about 1.25 hours so it wasn’t over until about 9pm or so. By time the tour bus drove us back to Aulani it was almost 11 pm. I was so glad I hadn’t driven myself.

Last edited:
IMO it’s challenging to do PCC in one day. I did a guided tour when I went a couple of years ago and we weren’t able to see all the islands and their presentations in one day. No presentations go on during the canoe pageant because everyone is on the canoe dancing. To get an idea of what there is to do, visit their website and try to plan what you want to do. They also did tours of the University area and another place I don’t remember. If you buy your tickets from PCC, you will have the option to return for multiple days for free.

I did the prime rib dinner at PCC and wished I had done the luau. Everyone in our tour group who did had great things to say about it. Yes, Ha is awesome. I think the show was about 1.25 hours so it wasn’t over until about 9pm or so. By time the tour bus drove us back to Aulani it was almost 11 pm. I was so glad I hadn’t driven myself.
thank you! kind of what I was thinking...that I would need more than one day. And great info on the Luau vs the prime rib dinner.

I have paid the money to do a guided tour (more then once) and seen everything I wanted to see. In the past they have given a ticket to come back. Don't know if they are doing that now or not. (I haven't been in a couple of years). There are two options for dinner. One has a show and one doesn't. Since we have always gone to Ha we haven't gone to the "Luau". The buffet, without the show, has slightly more upscale food. And yes the show is amazing! I have been to PCC a number of times and see/find something different every time.
Thank you for the information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter