Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

About to put in my room request and we really are hoping for a Murphy Bed. I stayed at Tokelau in December and no murphy bed. Which buildings are fully complete with murphy beds?
We Stayed in Tokelau last weekend and had the murphy bed

Looking for some advice please. I originally booked 4 nights in a studio. I have since added 2 nights to my original arrival date and have now managed to add a further 2 nights in audio ? 8 consecutive nights in total but over 3 separate reservation numbers. I assume when I check in, I will check in for the entire 8 nights rather than me returning to 'check in' a further 2 times and even worse, move rooms ?? Sorry if that's silly question but it's my first time renting points with dvc

many thanks

orry if that's silly question but it's my first time renting points with dvc

You can't rent points from DVC. If you rented points from one person, they could combine the reservations into one reservation. If you rented points from multiple people, it's three different deals. You can ask someone to put a note on them in chat. They don't want to clean the room, so it might work.

We have no idea who you rented points from.

If you have three separate reservations, you may or may not need to change rooms, but they are definitely separate reservations so plan to do so.

If you rented points, you can have the actual owner call Member Services, provide the OTHER reservations #s and make a note that they are all the same stay. As far as I know, if you booked from different owners, the reservations cannot be merged, so you'll be risking moving no matter what.

You can't rent points from DVC. If you rented points from one person, they could combine the reservations into one reservation. If you rented points from multiple people, it's three different deals. You can ask someone to put a note on them in chat. They don't want to clean the room, so it might work.

We have no idea who you rented points from.

to clarify, rented via the same agency, but different owners. seems like a lot of avoidable extra work for the staff and of course a minor hassle for me moving. would it be worth me emailing the resort or would that have to come from the DVC owners themselves ? Thanks

I’ve rented points from 2 different owners before and didn’t have to switch rooms. I went to the front desk when I got to the resort and explained the situation. They told me since the room was in the same booking category they wouldn’t have me switch. This was at OKW.

The only case I've read where someone was forced to move rooms was when the room next door was checking out the same day as the first reservation. They needed both rooms to give the next guest arriving that day a connecting room. I think this is probably very rare and likely can be avoided by telling the front desk at check in your situation.

I have added a day on to my own reservation by renting from another owner. Letting the desk know at check-in let us avoid moving on our last day.

I’ve rented points from 2 different owners before and didn’t have to switch rooms. I went to the front desk when I got to the resort and explained the situation. They told me since the room was in the same booking category they wouldn’t have me switch. This was at OKW.
That's good to hear. It's the same category. it's surely way more hassle for them than it would be for me so I'd be surprised if they made you switch rooms 🤷‍♂️

many thanks

as of yesterday, March 2 we are owners at the Poly! We bid in a 50 point contract on Jan 6, it was accepted Jan 9 and submitted for ROFR Jan 10. Passed ROFR and got estoppel Jan 26 (faster than anticipated). Title company got check in 2/7 and closed on 2/11. Uploaded to DVC 3/2. We want to buy Riv direct next.

as of yesterday, March 2 we are owners at the Poly! We bid in a 50 point contract on Jan 6, it was accepted Jan 9 and submitted for ROFR Jan 10. Passed ROFR and got estoppel Jan 26 (faster than anticipated). Title company got check in 2/7 and closed on 2/11. Uploaded to DVC 3/2. We want to buy Riv direct next.
Welcome home, neighbor!

Any word on the status of Murphy beds in all the rooms yet? We have a stay in May and definitely need the Murphy bed. Can you put Murphy bed down as a first request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter