Polynesian room/longhouse request

AliMac29

Earning My Ears
I’ll be heading to Poly in November and was wondering the best longhouse/room request to make for a standard view room. I’ve never stayed at a deluxe resort and this will be my boyfriends first Disney trip so I’m trying to make it really special! When I look online I get a little confused on if certain long houses are DVC exclusive or if we can stay there too. thanks in advance!! ☺️

I’ll be heading to Poly in November and was wondering the best longhouse/room request to make for a standard view room. I’ve never stayed at a deluxe resort and this will be my boyfriends first Disney trip so I’m trying to make it really special! When I look online I get a little confused on if certain long houses are DVC exclusive or if we can stay there too. thanks in advance!! ☺
Moorea, Tokelau and Pago Page are DVC, so you must book a DVC Studio to be in one of those longhouses.

since you're booking standard view, pick a longhouse closest to either the pool or the Great Ceremonial house for convenience. Lowest level rooms have patios, and SOME of the upper rooms have a balcony. Wherever you choose, you will enjoy your stay.

That’s a huge help, thank you!
For DVC rooms as mentioned above, some of the 3rd floor Tokelau rooms, though standard view, have a partial view of the castle and fireworks. And you're closer to one of the pools (quieter pool). So you know the DVC laundry facility is in Moorea, which is next to Tokelau. I tend to like 3rd floor rooms as at least you don't have anyone above you. But then you're walking up steps or taking elevators all the time too.

There is a website called www.touringplans.com that shows views from every room at every resort. You may have to join. But it has both DVC rooms and regular hotel rooms. Can be helpful even just looking at the map of all of the longhouses. There are lots of considerations depending on what's important to you, but that website can be helpful. Also the walking path from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian has now been extended all the way to the Magic Kingdom. So if you want you can walk to the Magic Kingdom. I love that path!

Have fun!

We really like Rarotonga. It's centrally located - close to the TTC path and also super close to the Great Ceremonial House and quiet pool. If you want a balcony, request 3rd floor. If you want a patio, request the first floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter