Polynesian Villas & Bungalows... impossible to find points??

Eldon Ahmu

FanBoy
Hey guys, im planning our 1st family trip to WDW in April 2020 with our plans to stay at the Polynesian Resort, just looking to book a studio, 7night stay.

However, after keeping any eye out for DVC points becoming available to rent, for months now, I've noticed there are zero DVC owners that post on the trade forum for this resort..

Does anyone have any insight as to why this is the case, or is it just bad timing in my case, or im just not looking in the right places..

Or should i just look at another resort, we are only looking at Poly because it was my preference out of the resorts linked to the monorail..

thanks,

You might want to try one of the brokers instead of stalking the Rent/Trade Board.

I agree that you could just go to a broker, or find an owner of another resort and see if they can get you into Poly at 7 months using their points.
As for the "why", I will just speculate that most Poly owners are new, direct buyers who are enjoying their DVC ownership for themselves right now, and the higher buy-in cost makes renting out their points less appealing than to people who bought in some time ago for less money per point.

Agree with Ben.
As a DVC owner at boardwalk I easily got poly at the 7 month mark.

Not impossible as I've seen posting before. But it's all about who is wanting to rent when you're looking of course.

Poly is mostly studios and a few high priced bungalows. No 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom suites. So odds are pretty good at 7 months for when you want to go. But some people like to have things locked in at 11 months. So you might have to try a renting site like David’s or The Time Share Store.

Well that's cause you missed out on the points I rented :-) .. you should check everywhere including brokers but the good news is POLY is fairly easy to get at 7 months if you have to.

Good luck.

I have points at Poly that I sometimes rent out, but currently, I am having Disney shift 2 of my Poly contracts to a new account, so none of my 5 contracts is available. Don't know how long this might take. Maybe a week or two. But if you haven't found anyone to help you by then, maybe contact me and see if I can help. Of course, I do admit that I don't always check my private mail. You could also always try to post here again in a few weeks and see if anyone else has any ideas at that time. I will also try to keep an eye on this board. But, I'm not sure what you are allowed to ask about or talk about on this board.

I do also suggest that you go to the threads on the Rental board and keep looking for anyone renting points who isn't specifying that they have a a DIFFERENT resort. Maybe if they aren't specifying another resort, they MIGHT HAve Poly. Also, just go to some of the active Rental threads and tell them you are interested in Poly points, even if they haven't listed Poly. Maybe they also have Poly and would rent it if people asked. Like, I have AKL and BLT in addition to Poly and if I was advertising one of them for rent, but somebody asked me about Poly, I might rent out the Poly points, too. I have done at least 1/2 dozen rentals at Poly and I wasn't always looking to do that.

I too have been looking for Poly Points for April 2020 and been on waiting lists with brokers. I am worried as well that there are not any Poly points for sale

I personally think the rental prices for DVC is to low. Especially for Poly and GFV. I think even SSR points are worth more than $14-$15 per point brokers pay owners, especially since the maintenance fees increase faster then rental prices.

I too have been looking for Poly Points for April 2020 and been on waiting lists with brokers. I am worried as well that there are not any Poly points for sale
There likely are points for sale. It's important to note that when going through the brokers it isn't a first come first serve system by any fashion. Basically the broker gathers your requests, makes sure their is availability, and emails owners a list of all their requests. It is at that point the owners get to chose which requests to fill. So depending on the size of your request it could change the time for it to be fulfilled (I would suspect smaller requests are fulfilled quicker, but that's purely anecdotal). Personally when I rented I made a cash reservation (for whatever deal I could find) at a resort I wanted then had that as a backup. If you aren't set on PVB the WL DVC have little in the way of waitlists (same with SSR, OKW, AKV).

PVB, BLT, BWV, and BCV are by far the ones with the largest amount of requests out there for rentals (though I'm guessing VGC might be the hardest to rent, with VGF being hard too because these two resorts are small number of points and extremely popular, less likely an owner rents points). With PVB and BCV being possibly on the top with the number of requests, though PVB does have a larger amount of points so it can handle more requests; however, as a renter since it isn't first come first serve (and the waitlists don't really clear to 0) it still relies a lot on luck of an owner selecting your request. Once 7 months hit any owner can book your request, if the room is still available.

Last edited:
Well that's cause you missed out on the points I rented :-) .. you should check everywhere including brokers but the good news is POLY is fairly easy to get at 7 months if you have to.

Good luck.
There likely are points for sale. It's important to note that when going through the brokers it isn't a first come first serve system by any fashion. Basically the broker gathers your requests, makes sure their is availability, and emails owners a list of all their requests. It is at that point the owners get to chose which requests to fill. So depending on the size of your request it could change the time for it to be fulfilled (I would suspect smaller requests are fulfilled quicker, but that's purely anecdotal). Personally when I rented I made a cash reservation (for whatever deal I could find) at a resort I wanted then had that as a backup. If you aren't set on PVB the WL DVC have little in the way of waitlists (same with SSR, OKW, AKV).

PVB, BLT, BWV, and BCV are by far the ones with the largest amount of requests out there for rentals (though I'm guessing VGC might be the hardest to rent, with VGF being hard too because these two resorts are small number of points and extremely popular, less likely an owner rents points). With PVB and BCV being possibly on the top with the number of requests, though PVB does have a larger amount of points so it can handle more requests; however, as a renter since it isn't first come first serve (and the waitlists don't really clear to 0) it still relies a lot on luck of an owner selecting your request. Once 7 months hit any owner can book your request, if the room is still available.

I’ve tried to get BCV and that too unavailable. I tried longer requests and now went to short requests as well. I am worried that when 7 month window opens they will be gone in seconds. Someone told me BCV never has inventory by 7 months.

Hopefully you have a cash reservation booked if you really want to go. You could cancel that if your points request comes through.

I’ve tried to get BCV and that too unavailable. I tried longer requests and now went to short requests as well. I am worried that when 7 month window opens they will be gone in seconds. Someone told me BCV never has inventory by 7 months.
BCV is rare for a renter at 7.

Studios at BCV, BWV are always going to be hard to book at seven months out. One bedrooms are bit easier, but not much.

This brings up a question... are we allowed to post "requests for points" to rent on the Rent/Trade forum?

I have over 300 points per year at Poly, but up until now, I have generally used them all. That might change next year, but not yet. However, if I do rent them out, I probably will be shooting for a price of around $20 a point. That is what I also got for a recent rental at BLT.

I would be glad to not raise rates, except that prices in general are going up. Disney does drive up prices by raising Membership Fees, and by boosting their own One Time Use Points around $5 per point over a period of about a year, and by increasing rental prices for rooms. I wish they would stop, but it isn't going to happen.

Anyway, if prices go up more, and Owners get better reimbursement, I think more of them would be interested in renting out their points.

Last edited:
This brings up a question... are we allowed to post "requests for points" to rent on the Rent/Trade forum?

I think it might be possible to state what you want to request, when replying to someone's thread where they are advertising points. I suppose it is possible that other owners might message you. but I'm not sure of the rules.

If someone DOES contact you by private message, do your due diligence and make sure they are real owners, and that they post frequently on these boards. Fraudsters also frequently contact people by Private Message.

On the DIS Rent/Trade Board, all you can do is respond to an offer of points. You cannot start a post with a request for points.
...If someone DOES contact you by private message, do your due diligence and make sure they are real owners, and that they post frequently on these boards. Fraudsters also frequently contact people by Private Message.
If someone contacts you by private message and you did not contact them, ignore that message. There isn't any way to confirm they are real owners. Scammers are getting a lot sneakier and will use the name of a real owner to fake their offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter