PolynesianBride'sPJ 12/6/10 Sunset Pointe- TEASER PICS UP!

I'm so glad you're back! Happy Thanksgiving by the way. Wow, I thought moving 15 minutes away was crazym but from Minnesota to Michigan! Yowza. I'm glad to read the move went well. It sounded like you had a fun planning session. The lemon cake was so good. I'm still craving it from our wedding. I can't wait to see the surprise cake design. Looking forward to reading more and the actual wedding. It's so soon!!!! Best luck with the welcome bags and favors.

SAM! So glad you're still here! I saw your teaser pics when I did my quick run through on PJ's and you looked stunning! I can't wait to read all about your big day!

Hi Ladies! So I spent most of my Thanksgiving working on Welcome Bags and painting my ornament favors. I got pics of the welcome bag stuff but you will have to wait on favors til tomorrow. Let's face it- you've been waiting for me to finish this silly PJ for 2 years so what's one more day:lmao:

So each bag has a folder and a pen...
IMG_0015.jpg

Inside there is a total of 9 pages- on the right there is a welcome letter, wedding schedule, transportation info, and important phone #'s
IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

On the left is just a bunch of stuff about Disney in general: Helpful Hints, Our Favorites, Info on Holiday Stuff, and 2 pages about Hidden Mickey's- yep I love Hidden Mickeys. Then we are going to pick up park maps for everyone and stick them in the folders as well
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Then I put together a little "Bear Necessities" kit for everyone. Each one has a poncho for each person, tylenol, tums, gum, band-aids (toy story and princess), hand sanitizer, shout wipe, and sunscreen. I forgot to put the band-aids in this first pic
IMG_0012.jpg

I shoved it all in a cellophane bag and then tied it with a ribbon and a little tag I made.
IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

The only other thing we are going to put in it is a refillable mug for everyone. For our 1 family that has kids I have a few other Disney treats. But that's basically it. They look a little empty but I didn't want to chuck it full of things that people wouldn't appreciate or use. Hopefully the things I picked will be appreciated and get used- except all those rain ponchos:lmao:

I made a tag for the outside of the bag as well that has everyone's name, ressie #, and arrival date on it.
IMG_0025.jpg

So I'm still anxiously awaiting for my weather forecast to pop up at 10 days out. Tomorrow I have to go pick up some stuff to box up my ornaments. I would love to get a mani/pedi but not sure if I'll have time. This time at my parents was originally supposed to be for me to relax and unwind before the wedding:lmao: It's more so like the final wedding cram! But I'm really not feeling too stressed- just like I'm on a mission to get everything checked off my to-do list! Wish me luck!

Congrats! I just found your PJ and read through *a few* pages. I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I'm excited because your wedding is on my last day of college. Yay for December 6!!!! :yay:

Your welcome bags and folders are lovely!!
Very bright and tropical looking - ideal for a Poly wedding!!
Will you purchase a re-fillable mug for all your guests? - you are very generous!!

Your welcome bags look awesome!! I wish I had my rehearsal at HDDR, that is def the one big thing I would redo! I really want to try and see part of your ceremony. When I was first planning I really wanted Sunset Pointe, or the Terrace at the WL, but I had too many people, so I want to see what it would have looked like! If I see you at the GF and you don't look to busy I will say hi, otherwise, I don't want to be a creeper!

Yeahy so glad your back! We leave a week tomorrow, hope you have an amazing wedding, were getting married on the 9th :goodvibes

Congrats! I just found your PJ and read through *a few* pages. I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I'm excited because your wedding is on my last day of college. Yay for December 6!!!! :yay:
YAY for December 6th- congrats on finishing college!

Your welcome bags and folders are lovely!!
Very bright and tropical looking - ideal for a Poly wedding!!
Will you purchase a re-fillable mug for all your guests? - you are very generous!!
Thanks! We are getting a refillable mug for each of our guests. We only have 21 guests and we really are thankful that each of them took the time and money to come. It's a bit pricey but decided that we thought our guests would appreciate them so it was worth it.

Your welcome bags look awesome!! I wish I had my rehearsal at HDDR, that is def the one big thing I would redo! I really want to try and see part of your ceremony. When I was first planning I really wanted Sunset Pointe, or the Terrace at the WL, but I had too many people, so I want to see what it would have looked like! If I see you at the GF and you don't look to busy I will say hi, otherwise, I don't want to be a creeper!
YAY! I have a stalker:rotfl: I am really excited for HDDR- we went 5 years ago with my parents and had an amazing time. Somehow the cast got off script and even they were laughing hysterically. I'm just worried it won't live up to our last experience- but only the 4 of us will have that to compare it to so should be good:thumbsup2 We will have 21 people at the ceremony. I don't think I posted this yet but we decided to get rid of the seating all together. The bamboo chairs, plus the sashes, plus some crazy delivery fee was just too much. I recently went to a wedding where all the guests stood around the bride and groom and it gave it a very intimate feel so we decided to go for it. We'll see how it goes!

Yeahy so glad your back! We leave a week tomorrow, hope you have an amazing wedding, were getting married on the 9th :goodvibes
That's right! Congrats! Where did the link to your PJ go? Where are you staying?

Everything looks great! Can't wait to see your favors!!! So close!!!:banana:
:banana::banana::banana:I know! You leave today I think!:banana::banana::banana:

We leave tomorrow...off to the spa today!!!:banana::banana::banana:
YAY for spa day! Soooo jealous!
hope you get time for a mani/pedi!
I made a mani/pedi appt tomorrow- I've decided it's a must. I'm getting one at the GF the day before the wedding but my nails are horrible right now and hopefully it will help get them in shape FAST. I really wish I had time/money to get a massage too but that just isn't going to happen- I bought some massage oil today and I'm gonna make DF give me one when I get to Disney- much cheaper:lmao:

Ok, flash back again to our planning session. We left off at the tasting... This was a ton of fun and completely changed DF's attitude about the entire wedding (and put us over budget). Before this DF was all about bare minimum and didn't care about anything. After this our budget was blown and DF now just says "Well, it's worth it":lmao: Men are so strange. I mean it was a fun experience and all but it didn't make me want to blow the budget- luckily DF got an amazing sign on bonus for his new job so he made up the difference:cheer2:

So while we were waiting for Amy we noticed our name on the boards. DF doesn't know much about disney weddings so this totally surprised him and he thought it was super cool;)
DSC02866.jpg

They take you right back into the kitchen and have a whole area set up just for you with your own Chef and server. I know our chef was Cory and our server was amazing- he was super friendly and funny but it's been so long now that I can't remember his name:headache:
DSC02868.jpg

DSC02869.jpg

We started with a sampling from the Antipasto Display:
DSC02867.jpg

Then we tried a bunch of different cold salads- I know we tried a seafood, potato, pasta, and fruit. Also had the Ohana salad with honey lime dressing and the caprese salad.Sorry- didn't take pics of all, was just too excited about the food!

Here was potato and seafood I believe-
DSC02870.jpg

We ended up putting the seafood as part of our antipasto display and just keeping the ohana salad and the fruit salad as part of our buffet. We like them all but had to cut something.
DSC02871.jpg

Next was LeCellier's Beer Cheese soup- again no pics but was delicious. This made the cut and will be served with the awesome pretzel bread.

Next on to the main course- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Skewers and Grilled Shrimp Skewers, and Vegetable Kabobs (zucchini, mushroom, onion, and cherry tomato). Served with a variety of dipping sauces- all super yummy and made the cut
DSC02872.jpg

Also will have a grill station with grilled to order steaks- YUMMY
DSC02873.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

And last but not least the mashed potato bar- SOOOO GOOD!
DSC02874.jpg

So our menu was pretty much completely custom. None of the pre-set menus were really what we were looking for. They were really great at working with us and are even going to leave some of the chicken unmarinated bc we have some really picky eaters.

After we were done DF's comment to me was "It was worth upgrading just so we could have that tasting session":lmao::rotfl: Geez, yes honey I'm sure we just managed to consume several thousand dollars worth of food in that one seating:laughing:

After that we went and checked out our back-up rain location for our reception- Whitehall Room and Patio, this way even if it rains we can still have our grill station on the patio. I despise ballrooms and even the idea of rain on my wedding day forcing me to get married in a ballroom makes me break out in a sweat and start to hyperventilate. However, I feel surprisingly ok with this as my back-up location. I'm not crazy about the carpet/decor and it really won't go with my colors/theme but I think I could live with it. I love that there is an outdoor area and that you can see the monorail and a glimpse of the castle.
DSC02876.jpg

DSC02877.jpg

DSC02879.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02880.jpg

DSC02881.jpg

So if the reception gets moved inside I will not have a total bridezilla freak out- however, if my ceremony gets rained out I still think I will die:scared1::sad1: The 10 day weather forecast for my wedding day should be released at any moment- so I am anxiously awaiting it!

So some of you may remember that a LONG time ago I bought a bunch of multi-colored Mickey ornaments to use as favors.
IMG_0027.jpg

I painted our monogram on one side and our wedding date on the other:
IMG_0026.jpg

Then I got little favor boxes to put each in. I had wanted to get white boxes but of course Michael's was out of the size I needed but they had these cute little Mickey and pals ones- you can't really tell from this pic though- sorry. Anyways, they are cute boxes but they are red, blue, and yellow- which doesn't go with my theme. So... I labeled each box with a guest name, tried to pick a color ornament I thought they would like...
IMG_0028.jpg

Then wrapped each box in white wrapping paper and tied it with ribbon and labeled it with each guest's name. These will be placed at each guest's seat and will also serve as their place card.
IMG_0029.jpg

I spent a lot of time running around just picking up odds and ends we needed today- plastic tubs to put everything in to deliver to Franck's, snacks, water, beer, champagne, bloody mary mix, you know very important things:rotfl: But I did find these great pink ear plugs at Walmart- my poor FMIL is sleeping in a room with 3 people who snore so I just had to get them for her. I attached a little "personalized" tag too:lmao:
IMG_0030.jpg

Ok weather report is up sunny clear skies "0%" chance of rain, high 74 low 49. So I may be a bit cold, wishing I got a bolero now:sad2: I will probably be fine for the wedding and reception but will freeze in the park with my sundress- you'll probably see me with jeans under my dress and a sweatshirt over:lmao: I don't care just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO RAIN> but I still have those super cute umbrellas just in case!

All of your plans look wonderful!!! I love all of your favors, they are so cute!
I wish you a happy and "rain free" day!!
Molly:goodvibes

OK ladies- I finished my last DIY project tonight. I made 4 Disney font crystal transfer shirts that I got from a great Etsy seller. One says "Disney Bride" in pink crystals on a white hoodie (to wear while getting ready), one says "Happily Ever After" in silver crystals on a white track jacket (to wear in park after wedding), one says "Mrs Harp Est. 12-06-10" in silver crystals on a blue t-shirt (for farewell brunch), and then one is a t-shirt that says "Flower Girl" for my flower girl (obviously). They turned out really well, I'm interested to see if all the crystals fall off before I go to wear them though:lmao: I was too tired to take pics but will once I get them unpacked at Disney and will post pics when I get home!

Everything is all packed and organized in the living room ready to be loaded into the car at 6 am so I will make it to the airport in time to pick up DF! I probably won't update on here while I'm gone but those of you on FB will probably see a few updates from my phone. Thanks everyone for sharing all your wonderful ideas, opinions, and all the support over the process of planning this wedding- will have lots of pics for you soon!

Wow, I just spent the last two hours reading through your PJ! I'm so glad I did! So many things you talked about are exactly what I am thinking about. I am in love with a tropical vibe for our wedding. I also snatched a pic of a cake that you posted ages ago. I cannot wait to see the pics!!! Congrats and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter