POP bus transportation is terrible

There is a reason they say give 90+ min to travel from a resort to a park. Like others have said you just missed the bus. If it was that important to leave fast other options are available. Rent a car, Lyft or Uber. Once we used a ride service we will never do a bus again. Yes it's more money but less stress and convenient. Can book it while walking out and shows up within minutes and ur on your way.

Op might have a reason to complain or not. But by policy the buses were going as advertised.

I have also stayed at all 3 levels and multiple times at the same resorts, and I can tell you each time transportation was different. If I eliminated a resort based on having a trip that did not have very good transportation during that trip (and having to wait the allotted time would not qualify) I would not have very many resorts left to stay at:) We drive to WDW and I have not used our van to drive to a park in over a decade. Also, now with having the bus schedule on MDE that should help, even when they keep adjusting the time.

Funny. Someone on a thread in the transportation forum reported that they were positive Pop had more buses and more frequent buses than any other resort on property. And as such shorter waits. So this report here can't be right. Can it?
That or it's as many have said over and over, no resort has perpetually great service and none has perpetually bad. It's all the same across the entire complex

That was me, and I was specifically talking about buses from Pop to the parks, not bus service from the parks to the resorts, which is a whole different beast.

I do believe that more buses are dispatched to Pop throughout the day then a deluxe resort. Pop has almost 3000 rooms, most of the Deluxe resorts have under 1000 rooms. It just makes sense to me that they would dispatch buses to larger resorts more frequently.

Maybe it’s something you notice more when you do long value/deluxe split stays like I do. On the whole, I find buses come more frequently to larger resorts.

Other than the fact that the bus stop is last in line, I personally didn't have any issues with the bus system at Pop. Now that you can check the arrival time on the app at your resort, I think it'll be helpful in planning when to leave the room.

This is one of those things IMO that is out of a guest's control. If I've got an ADR, I plan accordingly and give myself extra buffer time to allow for the fact that there may be a line at the bus stop or that I may have to wait for the next bus to arrive. I'd rather do that than drive to the park.

That was me, and I was specifically talking about buses from Pop to the parks, not bus service from the parks to the resorts, which is a whole different beast.

I do believe that more buses are dispatched to Pop throughout the day then a deluxe resort. Pop has almost 3000 rooms, most of the Deluxe resorts have under 1000 rooms. It just makes sense to me that they would dispatch buses to larger resorts more frequently.

Maybe it’s something you notice more when you do long value/deluxe split stays like I do. On the whole, I find buses come more frequently to larger resorts.
The original report bashed service to and from Pop. The fact that you love it is great. That doesn't change the fact that Pop doesn't get special or different bus treatment over other resorts. Just as the face that some guests find it awful should show

We've stayed at PoP 3 or 4 times in the past few years and have never had a big problem with the bus schedule. The times are posted at the stop and I found them accurate. As far as "where" the PoP bus stop is in the parks......yeah they do tend to be out there.........but it is what it is. Honestly we've never noticed as serious an issue as is being discussed here.

Guess we'll see in August when we're back at PoP........it'll be interesting to see the impact of the Skyliner on bus waits.

Doug :goofy:

I stayed at Pop in early May. Had pretty good luck with the busses, but I agree that the Pop spot in the parking lot is the furthest away from the gate at every single park. I definitely didn't like that - it's a punishment for those who choose to stay at the least expensive Value, or it sure felt that way. If that's not the reason I'd sure like to know why the Pop bus is the furthest from the gate at EVERY park.

Pop is pricier then the AllStars. But I do think it’s the most popular Value resort, so they’ve got to give the AllStars some perks for booking there. Lol.

I don’t mind if Pop’s bus stop at the parks is dead last all the time. I just hope that the stop continues to be side by side with AofA so it’s easy to hop on either bus.

Honestly I havent really noticed Pop to be any worse than any of the other value resorts. I've stayed at the value resorts multiple times.

They all seem to even out over time, so wouldn't recommend hotel choice based on bus service unless it's queue placement. I do like Pop's bus service out of all the resorts, but that may just be luck of timing it right. I agree about returning from EPCOT to Pop, though, when the 15s are there it can be a brutal wait. Lol

Something we noticed by using the app on our last trip...

It was great to see when buses were going to arrive at the resort, but that didn’t guarantee we would get on the bus if the line was already backed up. We actually missed a bus to MK because it was full, even though we got out there when the bus said it would arrive.

I think next time we will get there earlier and make sure we have a spot in line.

ETA... by far the worse bus service we had was at POR. There are so many variables that contribute to “good” or “bad” service and they change constantly. Every resort has good and bad days, depending on circumstances. It isn’t any one resort.

Last edited:
We have only had great bus service from all the values. POP is always reliable and not long waits. Best part its free and beats driving. Even at Music..10-15 min longest wait. Thats perfect.

To anyone who claims that Pop is the issue - Maybe these complaints should be going to the Transportation Department, not to Pop?!?!

Also - does anyone complaining live in the city??? Half hour waits are quite common. So are 40 to 60 minute waits. Does traffic ever make YOU late for an appointment when driving? A bus is just like your auto - It does not fly.

We actually missed a bus to MK because it was full, even though we got out there when the bus said it would arrive.
Yeah, you need to factor in others also using the app, along with guests who don't use (even know about) it but just happen into the same line you plan to use.
I think next time we will get there earlier and make sure we have a spot in line.
:thumbsup2

The original report bashed service to and from Pop. The fact that you love it is great. That doesn't change the fact that Pop doesn't get special or different bus treatment over other resorts. Just as the face that some guests find it awful should show

Yes. I prefer the buses at Pop because they tend to come to the resort more frequently then the buses at Deluxes. I know I’m not the only one who notices this. Lots of people report this.

But that doesn’t mean that people don’t experience the opposite. I’m sure some do. Maybe many do. People are still going to have different experiences. Nobody disputes that. As I mentioned in the other thread, as more and more people check the bus wait times at their resort before heading out to the bus stop, fewer people will notice frequency anyways, as you won’t spend as much time waiting for your bus and seeing other park buses arrive.

You said on the other thread that you had no clue about the frequency of buses. But if you think about It, it seems logical that they would send extra buses with triple the amount of people. Does that mean they send triple the amount of buses? Of course not. That’s why there are often long lines and waits. It’s one of the reasons why more frequency doesn’t necessarily mean better service to many. So no, Pop doesn’t receive special or different bus treatment. I’ve not suggested that was the case, just more frequent.

I’ve stayed at 4 resorts over the last year ranging from value to deluxe and hands down most frustrating transportation is POP. Waited 15-20 minutes consistently for busses, every time to and from parks, and there was ALWSYS a huge line. ASMo last summer had it happen a couple times but not consistently at all. It was every single bus this trip and I’m so over it. It’s probably because of the price vs renovated rooms and the fact there are no gondolas, but there’s a good chance I’ll never stay here again, even with gondolas. Anyone else experience this?
We just love the dedicated bus line at Pop. At this point we will never stay at a Deluxe resort so Pop is a big step over the All Stars. But truth to be told, camping at Fort Wilderness is the bomb!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter