Pop Century, now to open in March 2002

deputy disney

Disney Bargain Hunter
I called this morning to check my 12/15-23/01 PC ressie, the CRO just got the news this morning...... that .....CM reading the notice to me ....."Pop Century will not be up to Disney quality by Dec 15, Opening is now scheduled for 3/2002"! I was offerred the ASMo same rate/same date.

:( :( :(
sad but,

undaunted
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ;) :cool:

Drats! I am sorry! I know there is no guarantee about these things, but it would have been nice if you were offered a discount or gift! We are going in April, was thinking about POP.

Try for an upsale or a code to a moderate,you will be much Happier! than at AS:( :( !!

I'm surprised that they only offered you AS at the same rate. I'd wait until Disney officially notifies you of the change. They may have a better offer and the CM you spoke to may not be aware of it. If they just notified CR to stop taking reservations they may still be evalutating what to do with the reservations already made. I bet AS will not have enough availabilty to take on all the Pop Century reservations.

We have reservations for 3 days the last week in March. I would be very unhappy to be moved to AS, I would have made reservations at a moderate or a deluxe except for the fact that Pop Century was just opening so I figured it'd be pretty nice. I don't want to use my vacation club points because I may have to cancel at the last minute depending on how my kids are doing in school. We're going on a Disney Cruise and thought we'd go to WDW before hand but if I feel unconfortable taking them out of school we can skip WDW and just go on the cruise.

Keep us posted on what they end up doing. I'd hold out for an upgrade!

This might sound like a stupid question but is the pop century a value or moderate hotel? Does anyone know anyting about this resort. I am going aug 2002 and trying to figure out where to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter