Pop Century Room Renovations

Question: I requested a room close to transportation for my grandmother who will be joining us on the trip, but I would really like a refurbished room - are there any rooms that are refurbished AND reasonably close to transportation? We booked a standard.
We requested close to transportation and we were in the 80’s and we were very close to transportation!

So I have a handicapped room where I have a king/double bed which apparently is two separate rooms. What building should I request? I would prefer a renovated room

So I have a handicapped room where I have a king/double bed which apparently is two separate rooms.

What building should I request? I would prefer a renovated room

For the handicapped rooms ..... USING the pre-renovation map.
Right now there is one building complete and open, one building in process of opening.
The other three buildings have not been started,
one will likely start in a couple months,
the other two not until much later.
So your odds of renovated are lower.
For best odds ask for 80's.
Assuming rooms are still located where they were.

BUT - we don't know for sure how these are being renovated and if they are being located in the same exact room numbers. When I was there in summer I spoke with a project manager (they were only on their first building) and I asked him about these rooms, their locations etc. He said he didn't know for sure how they would be situated. The building they were working on had none.

Maybe someone has stayed in a renovated one and can report in if they were in the same location.

How do I link multiple reservations? We'd like refurbished rooms and to be close together.
I called and had them connect our three reservations with the request for refurbished rooms. Two of the reservations were were arriving a day earlier than me so I had my doubts we would all be together however we have the three rooms all in a row. There was a medical reason for the first two to be connecting so again, I wasn't surely we would get refurbished rooms.

I would suggest you try the same. Might help.

I called and had them connect our three reservations with the request for refurbished rooms. Two of the reservations were were arriving a day earlier than me so I had my doubts we would all be together however we have the three rooms all in a row. There was a medical reason for the first two to be connecting so again, I wasn't surely we would get refurbished rooms.

I would suggest you try the same. Might help.

Thanks! Would asking for two of the rooms to be connecting be pushing it in terms of requests? That would be three requests.

Thanks! Would asking for two of the rooms to be connecting be pushing it in terms of requests? That would be three requests.

Never hurts to ask and request, just don't expect them to all be granted. If they are, awesome! But in the end, they're just requests and not confirmations or guarantees.

Last edited:
Are you hearing any noise from construction on building 6?

We are at the end of building 9 in the wing closest to classic hall with a clear view of the construction wing of #10 and have heard absolutely no construction noises at all. We are however inundated with general property maintenance noise and housekeeping banging around in surrounding rooms. :sad1:

This is why white noise machines/apps and ear plugs were invented.

Any idea when they will start in the 60s
Well they just started Building 6 in the 70's and I don't think they have the whole building being renovated. Building 10 took 90+days and I think it's still being worked on. I would say at least end of February or early March, if not later.

Well they just started Building 6 in the 70's and I don't think they have the whole building being renovated. Building 10 took 90+days and I think it's still being worked on. I would say at least end of February or early March, if not later.
Ok thanks we Will be there first week of april perfered pool view hope it's done.

Considering they still have parts of Bldg 10 closed and just started parts of Bldg 6 last week,personally I’m anticipating it being Feb at the earliest when they start working on the 60’s.
U would think they would want to get the rooms done around the main pool when it's cold

Question: I requested a room close to transportation for my grandmother who will be joining us on the trip, but I would really like a refurbished room - are there any rooms that are refurbished AND reasonably close to transportation? We booked a standard.
Nothing at Pop is really far from Classic Hall/transportation. How is she planning to get around the parks?

I'd normally search for this, but my vision is funny tonight so I'm asking for what I'm guessing is easily found information.
I have a standard room booked for early march. If I want a quiet-ish 4th floor room with a chance of getting a refurbished room, which buildings should I be hoping for? This is our first time at Pop, and I'm not familiar at all with the resort other than the photos I've seen here.

I'd normally search for this, but my vision is funny tonight so I'm asking for what I'm guessing is easily found information.
I have a standard room booked for early march. If I want a quiet-ish 4th floor room with a chance of getting a refurbished room, which buildings should I be hoping for? This is our first time at Pop, and I'm not familiar at all with the resort other than the photos I've seen here.
I'm also going beginning of March and we like 4th floor and quiet like you. At first, I liked the rooms in Building 6 that face the lake and I also like the rooms in Building 10 that face the Foosball table, but then I decided that I might just say refurbished and leave it at that. I'm not quite sure yet what my decision will be. I really like the 70's area and prefer the top floor. I'm not being very helpful just wanted to mention that I'm in a similar situation :goodvibes

Standard and close to transportation are contradictory BUT as PP stated, the resort isn't that big. That said I would ask for 70's since half will be done, and hopefully the other half closed. I think that would a better walk than most of 80's and for sure 90's which are done.

Cold is relative. Plus, Florida weather fluctuates so much.

We swim year round at Disney because at any given time the weather will be warm enough and all the pools are heated.

You have time to keep watch to see what is likely going to be done before you need to make your requests.

I will guess that by March the 70's should be done since they have started on the 2nd building. I would request 70's and Lakeview. This should give you renovated and quiet. Upper floors are nice, did them for years, but lately I have been on lots of floors and found that what you face is more important than which floor. I was in a 4th floor renovated room, and the sound carried worst than it ever had before, I think due to the floors.

I was in a 4th floor renovated room, and the sound carried worst than it ever had before, I think due to the floors.

My husband is somewhat of a light sleeper, so I was hoping to avoid one layer of noise by not having people above us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter