Pop Century Room Renovations

Looks like I will for sure get a newly renovated preferred pool room!
Yes, allPreferred Pool View rooms are either refurbished or, closed for refurbishment.

When are you going? Sounds like the rest of Building 4 should be open soon but we’ve yet to receive confirmation that anyone has been placed in these rooms.

Yes, allPreferred Pool View rooms are either refurbished or, closed for refurbishment.

When are you going? Sounds like the rest of Building 4 should be open soon but we’ve yet to receive confirmation that anyone has been placed in these rooms.
I check in August 23 and will do the MNSSHP on the 24.

Forgive me if this has been answered, I've been (loosely) following this thread and have tried to examine the maps on Page 1 but I'm still confused. It currently looks like Buildings 1 and 2 haven't yet been touched and I'm presuming that Buildings 3 and 4 will be done by the time we go. We're hoping to stay at Pop in mid-August, and I am just trying to figure out which room to book that will give us guaranteed 2-queens (4 adults). Will the entire resort be done by then? If so, then we'd be OK booking any room view. However, if some of the standard views won't yet be done (ie some of the rooms in Buildings 1 and 2), then we would definitely bump up to a preferred view (assuming they'd all be done) so as to get the two queen set up. Unless...when they are in the process of renovations, those buildings are taken out of inventory altogether. Thanks in advance for any light that anyone can shed - I realize nothing is 100% and delays in renos can happen!

Forgive me if this has been answered, I've been (loosely) following this thread and have tried to examine the maps on Page 1 but I'm still confused. It currently looks like Buildings 1 and 2 haven't yet been touched and I'm presuming that Buildings 3 and 4 will be done by the time we go. We're hoping to stay at Pop in mid-August, and I am just trying to figure out which room to book that will give us guaranteed 2-queens (4 adults). Will the entire resort be done by then? If so, then we'd be OK booking any room view. However, if some of the standard views won't yet be done (ie some of the rooms in Buildings 1 and 2), then we would definitely bump up to a preferred view (assuming they'd all be done) so as to get the two queen set up. Unless...when they are in the process of renovations, those buildings are taken out of inventory altogether. Thanks in advance for any light that anyone can shed - I realize nothing is 100% and delays in renos can happen!
Do you care what section you’re in? If not, you would be fine getting a standard room.

By mid August, there may be one 50's building that hasn't been started, but I think at that point, you should be fine booking standard.

Thanks for the replies! I'm hoping for free dining, and for this trip, the hotel is literally just a place to sleep, so standard rooms should be fine, though I know they are notoriously hard to snag for this promotion. I actually wouldn't mind standard rooms in 60s because, correct me if I'm wrong, they are close (ish) to AoA, and we could use those buses/food court as well.

Thanks for the replies! I'm hoping for free dining, and for this trip, the hotel is literally just a place to sleep, so standard rooms should be fine, though I know they are notoriously hard to snag for this promotion. I actually wouldn't mind standard rooms in 60s because, correct me if I'm wrong, they are close (ish) to AoA, and we could use those buses/food court as well.
Yes. Lake view 60's are standard rooms, close to the bridge and my favourite place to request. :)

Hello All !

I check in Wednesday ! What are the chances of getting a renovated preferred view room ?

We are going to Disney for a few days before our cruise this June 14-17. We are booking 2 rooms since there are 5 of us and we have a choice between standard rooms at All Stars or Preferred view at Pop. Pop is $200 more total than All Stars. Is it worth the $200. What are the possibilities/probability of getting renovated rooms?

We are going to Disney for a few days before our cruise this June 14-17. We are booking 2 rooms since there are 5 of us and we have a choice between standard rooms at All Stars or Preferred view at Pop. Pop is $200 more total than All Stars. Is it worth the $200. What are the possibilities/probability of getting renovated rooms?
You are very likely to get renovated rooms but $200 is a lot of money. Do you tend to use the resort facilities or is it more just a place to sleep? Are queen sized beds a deal breaker for you?

For us we LOVE the new rooms at Pop so I'm willing to pay the extra but we also stay there for a number of nights so it's worth it.

It's really a personal decision based on your preferences and budget.

Our trip is 27 Aug.. We booked pool view and prefer the 50s.. we like the view of the Bowling pool.. After reading the above and updates, It could be though that we might get an old room. OR from my understanding they would shut the last building down anyways in the 50s.. so we would get a new room anyways, correct.

Our trip is 27 Aug.. We booked pool view and prefer the 50s.. we like the view of the Bowling pool.. After reading the above and updates, It could be though that we might get an old room. OR from my understanding they would shut the last building down anyways in the 50s.. so we would get a new room anyways, correct.
I think at that point you'd get a refurbished room but it might be the computer pool.

Am I correct that building 4 is either completely refurbed, or the rooms that might not yet be are currently closed?

I have already called to add my request of a refurbed room (we have standard booked) and I wanted to do online check-in (for May 10). I thought about choosing 60s for my room request, because those standard rooms would suit us best (Lake view and close to AoA bridge) but I'm wondering if it would be better to put 70s, if there's still a chance of getting a non-refurbed 60s room? Since 50s are not refurbed at this point, my order of preference would be 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s (we're retro ).

Am I correct that building 4 is either completely refurbed, or the rooms that might not yet be are currently closed?

I have already called to add my request of a refurbed room (we have standard booked) and I wanted to do online check-in (for May 10). I thought about choosing 60s for my room request, because those standard rooms would suit us best (Lake view and close to AoA bridge) but I'm wondering if it would be better to put 70s, if there's still a chance of getting a non-refurbed 60s room? Since 50s are not refurbed at this point, my order of preference would be 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s (we're retro ).

Since post 2 in this thread still has building 4 as incomplete, yes, if I were you I'd request 70's to make sure you get a new room.

I’ve read quite a few pages back in the thread and I think I’ve got the gist of what’s going on. I’ll be checking in on 6/14 and have booked a preferred room. Is that different from preferred pool view? And am I right in thinking that all the preferred rooms should be done by the time I check in? I REALLY don’t want one of the rooms that isn’t refurbished.

I’ve read quite a few pages back in the thread and I think I’ve got the gist of what’s going on. I’ll be checking in on 6/14 and have booked a preferred room. Is that different from preferred pool view? And am I right in thinking that all the preferred rooms should be done by the time I check in? I REALLY don’t want one of the rooms that isn’t refurbished.

You are booked in Preferred which is yellow.

That is different from Preferred Pool View.

No Preferred will not all be done by time you go.

Bldg 1 will likely be last to be done, Bldg 2 has not even started.

Odds are in your favor but not guaranteed.

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

I had also booked a preferred room and yes it is different from a preferred pool view. We were told by the Cast Member at the front desk that a preferred room "is a room within a short walking distance to the check in/dining area and it has nothing to do with a view."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter