POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I buy ponchos and a pen for autographs at the POP gift shop? Those are the only two things I haven't bought yet.

Yes, the Disney ponchos are usually behind the counter but they only have the "good" (~$10) ponchos. If you're looking for the cheapy ones (small ones that fit in your pocket), you need to buy those at home (Walmart, Target, etc.). Keep in mind that if you tear a Disney poncho, they will replace it for free. Some people have reported that you need the receipt to do this but that wasn't our experience. We replaced 3 or 4 one week and I never had to show a receipt.

Yes, the Disney ponchos are usually behind the counter but they only have the "good" (~$10) ponchos. If you're looking for the cheapy ones (small ones that fit in your pocket), you need to buy those at home (Walmart, Target, etc.). Keep in mind that if you tear a Disney poncho, they will replace it for free. Some people have reported that you need the receipt to do this but that wasn't our experience. We replaced 3 or 4 one week and I never had to show a receipt.

Thank you! I cannot find ponchos at WalMart. I read they were recalled. I could only find the Coleman's brand at Target, and they were $11/each.

Whohoo! 40 days for us.

I wish the My Disney Experience app would work my Samsung tablet. I really don't want to take a laptop with us.

We're arriving the same day! I'll wave in passing :) We'll be the crazy ones coming back from the Color Run on the Sunday!

My2Qtz0205 said:
Thank you! I cannot find ponchos at WalMart. I read they were recalled. I could only find the Coleman's brand at Target, and they were $11/each.

We've always found ponchos at dollar stores.

Can anyone give me an estimate for cab fare from Pop to Chef Mickey's? We are going to try for a 7-7:30 ADR and don't want to have to rely on the bus.

Also, how do we go about arranging a cab? Do we ask someone at the desk to call one for us? Do we do it the night before, or in the morning? Sorry for all the questions. We are 3 adults who have literally never used a cab before. :p

I've never taken a taxi to the Contemporary, but we have gone from Pop to the Poly for a 7:30 breakfast at Kona, and that was around $20(theyre close to each other). Pricey, but worth it to me for the peace of mind and not being late.

Can anyone give me an estimate for cab fare from Pop to Chef Mickey's? We are going to try for a 7-7:30 ADR and don't want to have to rely on the bus.

Also, how do we go about arranging a cab? Do we ask someone at the desk to call one for us? Do we do it the night before, or in the morning? Sorry for all the questions. We are 3 adults who have literally never used a cab before. :p

The average cab ride anywhere on property is about $20.00 with tip. It's been a year or so since I've taken a cab from Pop to Contemporary but I would say $25 worst case scenario. The amount of people doesn't matter, just go out to the CMs where ME drops off and tell them you need a cab. They will call them, they are usually in the parking lot waiting so when I say call them I mean they will whistle and wave them forward LOL! It's simple and you will need to give yourself about 30 minutes to get in the cab and to the contemporary.

I took a cab from Poly to Pop via McDonalds (lot's of lapu lapu's had been consumed :blush: ) and it was $28 plus tip. I'd say $20-$25.

Tomorrow marks 30 days!!! I'm so excited! It's coming fast...so much to do before then!! Staying Sept 12-17! :)

We took a cab from The Contemporary to POP last year after seeing Wishes and I believe it was $21 and then our tip brought it to a total of $25. As others have said, just let the concierge desk know when you would like a cab to arrive to pick you up. :goodvibes

RMAMom said:
The average cab ride anywhere on property is about $20.00 with tip. It's been a year or so since I've taken a cab from Pop to Contemporary but I would say $25 worst case scenario. The amount of people doesn't matter, just go out to the CMs where ME drops off and tell them you need a cab. They will call them, they are usually in the parking lot waiting so when I say call them I mean they will whistle and wave them forward LOL! It's simple and you will need to give yourself about 30 minutes to get in the cab and to the contemporary.

From around either 11pm or midnight until either 5 or 6am, they don't necessarily have cabs on property sitting there waiting to provide service. They can call and have one there for you in a matter of usually 10 to 15 minutes and many even quicker...but it won't be sitting at the hotel like during the day. Cabs aren't on premises 24/7 because there just isn't enough middle of the night demand to justify having them sit at the hotel. But in general, unless there is a crazy high demand for cabs at the exact time you want one, there should be one there at the hotel. Even if the demand is high, they can call for one and it won't take long. I must say they had to radio for mine. The driver was very professional (safe driver & polite) and the car was VERY clean (I was impressed!) and comfortable.
I took one to the Grand Floridian in March and it was $18 before tip. I believe the Grand would be a slight bit further than the Contemp. So I would expect the bill should be about the same.
Good Luck and have a great trip!!

You may have better luck setting up transpiration through mears, I set up for car service from pop to animal kingdom lodge, it was a flat rate of $14

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I already asked this but no one answered, sorry to be a pest, does Disney still send out welcome packets in the mail before check in?

I already asked this but no one answered, sorry to be a pest, does Disney still send out welcome packets in the mail before check in?

I think it depends on why you call a "welcome packet". You do get (what we call) Mickey Mail which is all our information if we have a package. It includes a paper book, with coupons, dining info, room info, etc. Our package included luggage tags and we got those as well. Is that was you were talking about?

You may have better luck setting up transpiration through mears, I set up for car service from pop to animal kingdom lodge, it was a flat rate of $14

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This might be better! I have heard you can request a car with a carseat, is that correct?

I think it depends on why you call a "welcome packet". You do get (what we call) Mickey Mail which is all our information if we have a package. It includes a paper book, with coupons, dining info, room info, etc. Our package included luggage tags and we got those as well. Is that was you were talking about?

Yeah exactly what I'm talking about. Mickey mail sounds better but yeah like a packet with details on your upcoming trip. When do you usually get this Mickey mail?

We hit our 50 day mark yesterday.

The kids used a cookie cutter to cut out brownies in the same of Mickey to celibrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter