• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the 50's section the first to be done? We are staying preferred and I am hoping our room has already been done.

We're here now. I don't know how accurate this is. According to the woman I spoke to at the front desk, the only refrigerators they have are for medical needs. I brought a collapsible cooler, but they are now out of ice. Bell services is now holding onto our milk, yogurt, etc. until we check out. (We are doing a split stay at the Beach Club, and I was told that they replaced all the refrigerators there already.)

They did replace the pillows yesterday (in the 60's), and the boxes looked like they could've held small refrigerators. What a disappointment!

We're here now. I don't know how accurate this is. According to the woman I spoke to at the front desk, the only refrigerators they have are for medical needs. I brought a collapsible cooler, but they are now out of ice. Bell services is now holding onto our milk, yogurt, etc. until we check out. (We are doing a split stay at the Beach Club, and I was told that they replaced all the refrigerators there already.)

They did replace the pillows yesterday (in the 60's), and the boxes looked like they could've held small refrigerators. What a disappointment!

I may ask for that $15 credit if we have a problem getting ice. I just want it to keep some waters cold, but it does prevent us from buying milk for cereal, thus forcing us to spend more in the food court. What a stinker.

Weird question I know:scratchin but does anyone know the size of the room windows at POP? I'm starting to pull together all my spooktacular window decor for our room and it would be very helpful to know how wide and long the windows are so I can bring enough festive light strands and dodad's :thumbsup2

Thanks for any info you wonderful folks can provide :flower3:

I found this If anyone is interested the window dimensions are:
37 3/4" X 59"

here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1589927

I'm checking in the 21st- was able to do the FP+ stuff, but no magic bands...very confused!:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

I'm checking in the 21st- was able to do the FP+ stuff, but no magic bands...very confused!:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Ditto here for our trip that starts the 25th. Got all excited about Fp+ then the notion hit me that all it is doing is forcing me into a schedule and removing more flexibility from what is supposed to be vacation. I already hate that ADRs make me decide where to be 6 months in advance now this could lock you into not only parks but specific ride times. Think I'm gonna pass on FP+ in favor of going where the wind takes me : )

kastoney said:
Ditto here for our trip that starts the 25th. Got all excited about Fp+ then the notion hit me that all it is doing is forcing me into a schedule and removing more flexibility from what is supposed to be vacation. I already hate that ADRs make me decide where to be 6 months in advance now this could lock you into not only parks but specific ride times. Think I'm gonna pass on FP+ in favor of going where the wind takes me : )

I agree! What if something unexpected comes up? Or someone has to go to the bathroom? Extreme planning isn't for everyone!

Question: is the coffee in Everything Pop still Nescafe? I know Joffrey's is making it's way in (if it hasn't already) and I'm just trying to decide if I'll be getting my coffee at the parks or in the morning!

Totally agree with you on that one! I mean, we like to plan a few things but that a bit too much...

Question : we are trying POP for the first time in a couple for months (always stayed at All Stars). How long of a walk is it from POP to AoA Food Court?

Thanks in advance!

Totally agree with you on that one! I mean, we like to plan a few things but that a bit too much...

Question : we are trying POP for the first time in a couple for months (always stayed at All Stars). How long of a walk is it from POP to AoA Food Court?

Thanks in advance!

Not far at all, just walk across the bridge over to AoA, you'll go past the Finding Nemo pool and then be at the AoA food court.

I'm there the 8th-14th and was able to make selections for every day (and did except for arrival because I'll be in round 7 and heading to EMH at MK). I think it's available to everyone through at least the 14th at pop?

I was able to make FP+ choices but was unable to do anything with magic bands. We check in on September 17!

Thanks in advance!

I did book FP+ for the rides we really wanted but were not willing to stand in line for (with a 3yo in tow). So hopefully it will work out for the better for us. I guess the thing is, if I don't get to ride something it's not the end of the world! In any event, we'll figure it out :)

Hopefully we can customize magic bands though? As of right now I am not able to.

Question: is the coffee in Everything Pop still Nescafe? I know Joffrey's is making it's way in (if it hasn't already) and I'm just trying to decide if I'll be getting my coffee at the parks or in the morning!

From the last time I was at POP, a couple weeks ago, they still had Nescafe.

I'd like to be at rope drop for each park at least 30 minutes before the rope drop. I'll be driving to each park. Any thoughts on how far in advance of my desired arrival time I should leave from POP for each park. My biggest concerns is MK where I will have to drive and then TTC, so I'm not sure how long that will delay me, but I'm curious about each of AK, EP and HS also.

Thanks

Hey Gang! Heading back to POP in Septemeber. Best friend, her kids and I. Neither of us can sleep with the kids and the idea of duct taping them to the bed was not received well. ;) So we need a solution...Can a Queen airmatress fit somewheres? If not, I'm thinking of just buying a twin.

Having stayed at Pop a few times, I can't imagine a queen-sized air mattress in the room. I know if you move the table and chairs to the other end of the room, a twin (possibly a double -- though it might be tight) will fit in that space.

If there's a concern about kids falling out of beds, they do have bed rails available. We just asked for them when we checked in and they were usually in the room by the time we walked up there.

So what is the update on the RFID soda machines? Are they turned on yet or are they still giving the usual refills?

we are staying at POP in late October. We will have our car. I am wondering if it is easier to take the bus to the parks, or to drive our own car. If you had the option, what would you do, and why?

We prefer the bus, just for the convenience of not having to worry about looking for signs, finding a parking place, and we are able to look at the sights. That being said we will be driving to DHS on our May trip next year because we want to get there earlier than the busses will run.

With the exception of MK (because you park at TTC; busses drop you off at the entrance), you'll usually get there faster by car. But we always take the buses when going to the parks. That way I can just relax and don't have to deal with remembering where I parked (a pic with my phone helps; I just have to remember to take the picture! lol), then getting back on the tram for the return, plus the exit traffic when leaving the park at closing.

For everywhere else (DTD, etc) the car is a better option.

we are staying at POP in late October. We will have our car. I am wondering if it is easier to take the bus to the parks, or to drive our own car. If you had the option, what would you do, and why?

We love having our own car. Sometimes we get to the parks early enough to get a good parking spot, take the bus back to the hotel for a break (be sure you have everything you need out of the car) and then we go back to the same park to finish out the evening. Our car is there when its time to leave for the night and no waiting in long bus lines. Of course our kids are older so we can carry what stuff we want on us.

Well we are down to 22 days to go. Checked my disney account earlier this week and got the notice to confirm address and customize our bands. What??? I was so excited. My DD has no idea really what they do but she was happy to get a pink band with her name on it. :) disney is fast cause the bands arrived this morning. Totally excited and can't wait to use them. Only problem is when I go online to do the FP+ they won't let me add my DD to them. Going to call and hopefully get it straightened out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter