• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century?

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
My sister in law just called me and told me that her ex is taking their daughter to WDW in August and that he tried to book the Pop Century and was told to call back sometime toward the end of March as that is when they will be taking reservations. Is this true? Anyone else hear anything? My SIL called me because she figured I knew everything there was to know about Disney, but I told her I didn't hear anything about this.

droola.gif

Call me :confused: :confused: Because I started a thread a few weeks back, and most of the people on the thread hated POP or wrote that they heard it was going to open in 2004!:confused: :confused: So, WHICH IS IT????:confused: Than another nice poster posted a link to aeral Views of the resort and I saw where one part was sort of finished, and the other part hadn't even been started yet!:confused:

I wouldn't say most hated it LOL..some did..a lot didn't. Of course none of it means much, until someone stays there and we have a real review. When we first stayed at the other All Stars, they were not all completed either. It looks like the front part of Pop is close to completion...hopefully, if it is, they'll open that part, just like when the old Allstars was being built. Looks landscaped and all put together. I sure hope they start to take ressie's..but I think they did once before, so I'll wait til it's open so I don't get my hopes up! Of course all any of us have to go by, is what we're told when we call to make ressie's..so those that posted before were told '04, now someone was told sooner..we'll have to wait and see!

I'd be willing to stay there. The resort looks ok except for those gastly words on the top. But we love the AS while many others don't. Let's hope for a summer opening.

If I remember correctly, Tyler (Chip n Dale Express) told us a month or so back that there were plans to open PC in the late spring.

Originally posted by goofy4tink
If I remember correctly, Tyler (Chip n Dale Express) told us a month or so back that there were plans to open PC in the late spring.

*sigh* That was then... this is now... and things haven't prorgressed like we were hoping they would. My guess is that they would want to open it for the Spring/Summer rush, but so far they haven't made any effort to do so. The "Legendary" section is complete, and is just waiting staffing and guests... but I haven't heard anything about staffing yet. We shall see. *shrug*

We in Disney Transport are getting ready though. Just received the last 24 of our low floor bus order. Destination signs have been programmed with Pop Century. Load zones have been built, and are ready to go. We're just waiting for the suits to give the go.

popcentury.jpg

I'm too curious. I need to stay there --sometime. Maybe I will even be able to sometime before I retire 18 years from now! :jester:

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
*sigh* That was then... this is now... and things haven't prorgressed like we were hoping they would. My guess is that they would want to open it for the Spring/Summer rush, but so far they haven't made any effort to do so. The "Legendary" section is complete, and is just waiting staffing and guests... but I haven't heard anything about staffing yet. We shall see. *shrug*

We in Disney Transport are getting ready though. Just received the last 24 of our low floor bus order. Destination signs have been programmed with Pop Century. Load zones have been built, and are ready to go. We're just waiting for the suits to give the go.

popcentury.jpg
Thanks Tyler. As usual you are a great source of info. Looks like I'll stop thinking of Pop Century as an option.

I'd try it out. I think the theming at the All Stars is alot of fun - very whimsical and Disneyesque. Big, bold, colorful, crazy - sounds like PC might just fit the bill for an escape from the real (and often depressing) world. :D

Originally posted by grinningghost
I'd try it out. I think the theming at the All Stars is alot of fun - very whimsical and Disneyesque. Big, bold, colorful, crazy - sounds like PC might just fit the bill for an escape from the real (and often depressing) world. :D

Indeed, that's the whole point of the large icons at the All-Stars and at Pop Century... they're fun, whimsical, and very Disney.

One thing that a lot of people forget... Kids *LOVE* the theming of the value resorts. They love being able to stay in the Buzz Lightyear building, or whatnot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter