• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop or Movies...which is better for a young princess?

yankeeslover

Mouseketeer
reservations for next august 2012...family of 4 including my 13 yo daughter(who hates princesses) and my soon to be 5 yo daughter(loves princesess)... we are deciding on which resort to stay at...when i went during the happiest cellebration on earth in 2006 my little one wasnt born yet...we went to all star movies and loved it..had a blast.... i loved it because at night while kids swam in pool, i sat at that little bar and purchased a tall 3 foot tall beer mug and got discounts all week on beer...LOL..... i think movies still does this, saves a ton..hehe.... im not sure if pop has this or not......anyway, looking past the beer, how does pop compare to movies? we will be using the bus system...thanks...

We stayed at both resords. Movies in 2009, Pop in 2011. We have 3 girls. We preferred POP only due to the bus system. Now, this may change once Art of Animation opens. But Pop has one bus stop, and didn't share. The food court was great. They have a cute pool bar. The theming is really cute. They appeared very similiar to me so you can't really go wrong. We like to try new resorts so we enjoyed Pop just as much as Movies, so you won't be dissapointed. In 2013, we will have 3 kids over 3, so will have to upgrade.

Hope this helps!!!

lovvvvveeesssss toy story..... but i dont think movies will guarentee me a spot in the toy story section.....

lovvvvveeesssss toy story..... but i dont think movies will guarentee me a spot in the toy story section.....

You could request it for sure. It is preferred room. If you didn't get it you could just play in that area, the rooms are all the same.

We just came back from a stay at Movies. They now have activities by the pool and show a movie every night ( we got to see Tangled and relax by the pool).

The housekeeping was great (much better than when we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort) and we got a new room in the Dalmations section (which we requested). We enjoyed exploring the resort and taking pictures with all the oversized characters. It definitely had a much more "Disney" feel to it than Pop, which we also have stayed at.

The food court was clean and fast, but we always tried to get there before the rush, which may have made a big difference.

We had a car which means we didn't have to use Disney busses, but I didn't see too many people waiting when we headed out for the parks. But again, it may have been because we did things ahead of the rush.

We really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

DD prefers ASMo instead of Pop because of the Disney movie characters at ASMo. She loves the Dalmatians. Both resorts are similar in amenities so it's up to your personal preference to decide which one your kids would enjoy more. We love the Animal Kingdom area and prefer to do any of the All Star resorts when we need a Value resort for a day. You really can't go wrong with either choice as they will love the theme of either resort. DD loves them both, but loves the Dalmatians so she prefers ASMo for that reason alone.

Stayed at both and IMO kids would NOT get the "theme" at POP as much as at ASMovies (stayed in Toy Story - very cute).
If I had a young daughter I would really want to try getting a Mermaid room at the new resort. It looks more detailed inside. POP rooms are not detailed inside.
Also, even though POP has its own bus system I always seem to have to stand on their buses the majority of our visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter