• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Room Request- Quiet Room Suggestions

jeannagripper

Earning My Ears
We've stayed at POP twice and are headed there again this month. We've stayed both times in '50's building. Once on the first floor, standard room, near parking. Second time top floor, standard, lake view. Surprisingly, the top floor was so noisy!

My question: where do you think the QUIETEST rooms are at POP? We'd like to be close to the busses, but can sacrifice that for quiet rooms!

I have a preschooler, so I'm still in "mom sleep mode." (I wake up at even the slightest noise, even though my girlie has slept through the night since week 6!).

Side question: what do you do to drown out outside sounds?

Thanks!!!

28 days!

We stayed twice in the same room, #1114 in the 50's. It was quiet and as close to the buses as you can get, also easy walk to front desk. We liked it so much the first time that I requested the same room the second time and got it.

We had a lake view 4th floor 70s room that was so quiet that I was convinced no one else was in the wing. It was July and the rooms were, indeed, occupied but I only heard a toilet flush every once in a while. That's it. No voices or foot traffic.

We've stayed at POP twice and are headed there again this month. We've stayed both times in '50's building. Once on the first floor, standard room, near parking. Second time top floor, standard, lake view. Surprisingly, the top floor was so noisy!

My question: where do you think the QUIETEST rooms are at POP? We'd like to be close to the busses, but can sacrifice that for quiet rooms!

I have a preschooler, so I'm still in "mom sleep mode." (I wake up at even the slightest noise, even though my girlie has slept through the night since week 6!).

Side question: what do you do to drown out outside sounds?

Thanks!!!

28 days!

The lakeview rooms we've had have always been quiet. On your second question, I have a whitenoise app on my phone that we use for sleeping. That helps a lot.

at any rate, it is still going to depend fully on who your neighbors are. Especially if there is a connecting door in the room.

I have stayed at Pop five times - for whole trips and for a night or two as part of a split stay. Once in the 50's and three times in Bldg 9 in the 80's. Sometime I want to try Bldg 10 in the 70's. The other stay was in Bldg 7 in the 80's near Roger Rabbit. It was quiet, but seemed just a little farther away even though it wasn't that far.

In Bldg 9, I have stayed twice on the side facing the 70's and once on top floor pool side. All of them were quiet stays. What I like best about Bldg 9 is the quick walk across the upper part of the parking lot to get to the bus stops!

Another key to a quiet room is to request a non-connecting room. Even with both doors shut, you can hear the people talking next door.

A small fan travels with me wherever I go to block out noise. Plus I like the circulating air.

On our second trip we had a room that was in the 50s on the 1st floor. It was in the first building down the side towards the back. It did not have a good view but it was quiet.

Just be sure to request to be away from pools. With POP I would phrase my request to be a quiet room close to transportation. With so many groups staying there they will be more likely to put you away from a group if you do not request a certain area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter