POPpers are back from POP 9/29-10/6 and made GREAT friends!Chat until next trip!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
we dtill have not gotten the NBC wind sock and Halloween is around the corner. My old NBC windsock is oooooooooold and nobody in our area TDS got that shipment and might not get it :sad2:

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
you are very busy person right up until vvacay!!!

not by choice :( we are so short we have mandatory overtime! I can't wait to get away, hopefully when we get back my wortk schedule will be back to normal... what ever that mean!!! :confused3

I went to work on my last minute projects... I came back and eveyone is gone... :p
I have 5 more days but have some suprises for DH I needed to work on since he went to bed early. We leave on Tuesday morning but vacay starts on Friday woohoo :woohoo: So I have to get them all completed by Friday.... Other wise I guess they aren't going to be surprises..... :rotfl2:

Woohoo we met our Goal..... 200 pages.... :banana:

Wow-

It was around 88 degress here today but at least the humidity was lower. We don't turn on the heater until January. :rotfl:

I'm flying to Nashville tomorrow for a MOPS convention. Those of you leaving before I'm able to DIS again have a great trip. When I get back on Sunday I'll be down to six days. :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Nite.....

iwynlea said:
Well...I actually have some experience in this area. :blush: DH and I were chosen to be Grand Marshals in the Share a Dream Come True parade on our honeymoon. What did we do to get it...uhh...we were really lucky! We were talking to a CM in a suit who was handing out guide maps first thing after the park opened...I was trading a pin with him, and DH got chatty with him. I wanted to hurry up, because all these people were streaming past and I wanted to get to Space Mountain (DH had never been to MK before). Fortunately for me, I didn't rush them, because in a few minutes the suit asked us if we were going to be staying in the park for the parade...I knew something was up, so I said yes, and he asked if we wanted to be in it. To say I was excited would be an understatement....I started shaking! He had to ask me if I was okay - LOL!

So, we got to ride in a car that Walt himself used to drive at Disneyland, and they gave us a certificate to prove we really were grand marshals. Oh, and we got personalized mouse ears to wear in the parade. Other than that, we don't actually get anything, other than the experience of a lifetime. :)

I'm sworn to secrecy with the CM's name who chose us, but I can tell you that it's pretty much random. Be nice to those you interact with, look like you're having fun, and everything else is luck. For us, I think it was because we were on our honeymoon.

It won't hurt to ask, but I've also been told that usually for being grand marshalls they won't take anyone who actually asks about it, because they want it to be random. (We asked at City Hall last year at MNSSHP, because it was my nephew's first trip and we thought it would be an amazing thing for my niece and nephew...they told us they'd already picked for the night, though.)

I think what you propose saying above, though, is great! Go for it! It absolutely can't hurt anything, and you never know what magic Disney might work!
Wow, that must have been a wonderful experience for you! I will ask about it. And you never know what might happen! :)

BethC1952 said:
Back about 10 pages, someone asked who would be the last one to leave home. We won't be the last to leave home, but we may be among the last to arrive, since we won't be there until sometime in the afternoon on 9/30, and I can't wait!
We land at MCO at 2:06pm. What time do you egt in?

I missed 200 pages? No flippin way! Oh well. DIS happens while we lead our normal lives. ;)
:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: party: party: party: party: party: party: party: party: party: party:
WTG POPers! I knew we could do it!

:woohoo:
pambo'shouse said:
Wow-

It was around 88 degress here today but at least the humidity was lower. We don't turn on the heater until January. :rotfl:

I'm flying to Nashville tomorrow for a MOPS convention. Those of you leaving before I'm able to DIS again have a great trip. When I get back on Sunday I'll be down to six days. :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Nite.....

finally got home... it is about 51 degrees outside.. and NO we DONT turn the HEAT on.. read my lips.. lol NO heat ON winter time ! :woohoo:

scrappinmom said:
btown - man you need to start drinking coffee or something you missed half the day!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Missed half the day? I missed more than that. Geez, I made a post a noon today when I woke up, and now it's nearly midnight, and I check... and I am 13 pages behind! 13 pages people, that's more than a page an hour! How am I suppose to keep up?

Oh well, I'm in singe digits now... almost at 8 days, which is almost a week, which is almost time to go to WDW!

BTown said:
Missed half the day? I missed more than that. Geez, I made a post a noon today when I woke up, and now it's nearly midnight, and I check... and I am 13 pages behind! 13 pages people, that's more than a page an hour! How am I suppose to keep up?

Oh well, I'm in singe digits now... almost at 8 days, which is almost a week, which is almost time to go to WDW!
Morning BTown! :smokin: :p

ANTSS2001 said:
Morning BTown! :smokin: :p

Good morning indeed. Good to see I am not the only night owl around this joint. Seems like my day never really starts until about the time that everyone else starts going to bed... no wonder I miss all the good stuff...

BTown said:
Good morning indeed. Good to see I am not the only night owl around this joint. Seems like my day never really starts until about the time that everyone else starts going to bed... no wonder I miss all the good stuff...

uh huh :yes: I know what you mean...

Ok I had to do one last check before I git the sack this evening.
Tomorrow I may be around a little more and as of tomorrow I am down to 5 days !! WooHoo !!

:wave2: good morning...

Msslaydbug said:
Ok I had to do one last check before I git the sack this evening.
Tomorrow I may be around a little more and as of tomorrow I am down to 5 days !! WooHoo !!

Hi all,
I cannot believe i missed page 200. :guilty: Oh well,theres always page 300 :teeth: :teeth: :banana: I'm gonna go get some shut eye.See you all in 7 days,3 hours and 14 seconds,no 13,no 12,no 11,no 10. :teeth:

Hi again,
figured you guys might like this,so here it is.

How to win in the Year of a Million Dreams

Browsing over the official rules released by Disney and sorting through the websites including interviews with Disney officials on the subject of prizes and the Year of a Million Dreams, we've come to realize how Disney intends to award prizes. This is all spectulation for entertainment purposes, but is based on what has been released by Disney.

First, this particular line in the contest information is of interest:

"Sponsor anticipates that potential winners will be selected at the Disney Properties between opening and 5 pm local time; however, certain prizes (for example, Mickey Mouse Penthouse and Cinderella's Castle Suite) are likely to be awarded early in the day to help ensure that a winner will be able to claim the prize and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select winners at the Disney Properties during any operating hours."

What does that mean? A few things. Primarily, if you arrive after 5pm, you're unlikely to be awarded anything. If you have an Epcot after 4pm Annual Pass be sure to enter the park between 4pm and 5pm to atleast have a chance of winning anything.

Next, Disney officials have mentioned in interviews that they do not intend to announce large prizes publicly on the spur of the moment to embarass guests or sadden others in the vicinity who did not win. The following appears in a recent article from the Orlando Sentinel newspaper:

"To avoid spontaneous scenes of envy and disappointment among nearby people, major prizewinners won't be told what they won on the spot. "We're not going to announce that in front of hundreds of other people who were so close," Potrock said. "We're going to celebrate later in the day by putting those people in as grand marshals in the parades.""

The Disney official being quoted is Ken Potruck, VP of Global Alliance Marketing. He is essentially saying that major prize winners will be chosen specifically in the early parts of the day, prior to the daily parade. Thus, if you want to win a big prize, you should arrive prior to a parade period, which is typically 3pm.

So, arrive early, and let us know if you "randomly" win anything big.

Well, it's a little after 4:00am, and its getting close to my bedtime.

So here's to 8 days left until vacation, and the ten or more pages of this thread I'll have to sort through when I wake up later.

Goodnight/good morning guys.

Morning Poppers!!! Only 8 more days to go!!!! I can't believe how COLD it is here! And I will NOT turnt he heat on until I get home (and the furnice guy comes and does the yearly checkup on the 4th!) After that, it can be 80 in here and I don't care! (I'm paranoid about natural gas...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter