Por Ab

orrnluvswdw

Earning My Ears
Here's a question for those more versed in the AB section of POR: Which are the non-smoking buildings in AB section? I'm taking my parents & my 2 nephews (14-10, who have NEVER been to the WORLD) for 2 weeks in June & my youngest nephew is extremely sensitive to smoke. Thanks for any help!:p

When you made your reservations did you tell the CM?
They will note on your reservation your request for a non-smoking room due to medical condition. They will gaurantee a non-smoking room. I have requested it on all my visits. I have never had a problem in getting non-smoking.

If you want non-smoking and close to the central building and too far from the Old Man Island pool, I think building #14 would fit the bill

Thanks
Jason

I believe the only smoking optional buildings in POR/AB are #18 and #38. ~:D~

I ALWAYS get a guaranteed non-smoking room at every resort. We have stayed at POR more than any other resort. We were in building 17 and again in building 14 or 15 (can't remember), but always non-smoking buildings. There are actually more non-smoking buildings than smoking buildings. But call back and make sure you have a guaranteed non-smoking room.

POR AB buildings 14 and 15 are both non-smoking and convenient to the food court, main pool and transportation. I would call back and explain your situation and have it noted on your reservation. Also, if you get there and are not happy with your room, ask to move. They should be happy to accomodate you. Have a great time at a very nice resort!

On one of our stays at the world, my son woke up one morning with a rash on his face, neck & arms. What ever they use on their sheets and blankets caused him to break-out. After this happened mousekeeping brought up specially washed sheets and towels for him.
The last time we stayed at WDW the resort called us days ahead of time and asked us about cleaning the room and how severe his allergies were. When we made resv. it was noted that he has allergies. They were ready to do the clean carpets and drapes. We just let them know that the bedding and the towel were all that was necessary. And when we arrived and checked into the room the supervisor from mousekeeping came up to our room not even 5 minutes later to check to see if everything with the bedding and towels were ok.
So do make note of it with CRO.

Thanks everyone for all the WONDERFUL advice! When I talked with the travel agent they seemed soooo understanding of everything, but...I will be sure to call them (CRO) back the closer the time gets to us being there. I want this trip to be so outstanding for my nephews. They've NEVER had a vacation like this before! These boards have been so envaluable for me, I just can't say enough on all the things I've learned. My colleages often find me reading these boards at work when we're not busy & I've taught them lots :D Thanks all!!! :Pinkbounc

since we're introverts we loved our stay in building 27--which is nonsmoking. we requested waterview and had a lovely view of the river, with a second floor corner room. Unlike many on this board, we would not have wanted to be in bldg 14 or 15, because it was too close to the action. It was very quiet where we stayed, and reminded us more of a retreat center than a "moderate" resort.

My DS has severe asthma, and I was quite worried about the window unit air conditioner. Our reservation noted the medical necessity for nonsmoking--and our request for special cleaning. They had not done that before we checked in, because there was dust on the fan blade--we had them come back to detail the room before we settled in.

I also asked them to come change the air conditioner filter--which they did immediately--and it made a huge difference in the air quality. Made it through w/out any asthma flare ups!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter