• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR questions: first trip

HoustonMM

Earning My Ears
We are going to POR from 11/22 to 11/27. I have been to Disney a number of times, but this is the first time we are going to stay at Disney. Any tips, dos and donts....Also, I have requested AB#14. How close is the nearest bus stop, and what is the average wait?

We stayed there in '00 and the resort in really nice. The busses can get pretty crowded when the parks close. We would drive to the park if we were going to close it down, except for mk and then we would stay for e-ride night, if they have it.

:p We were just there 9/13 - 9/17 and stayed in Bldg 14 (Room 1440). Grreat location...3-5 minute walk to main bldg, food court, pool and main bus stop. 5 minutes if you walk real slow!!!!!!!You'll love this resort...have a great time.:p

Staying at a Disney property is the only way, you will love it.
True the bus stops will be crowded still they have buses often.
Hope you have a wqonderful trip

:p :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:

You will LOVE POR. Make sure you reserve a night just to take the boat to downtown disney, its beautiful and relaxing. Also, a BIG tip...after a day or night at the parks and you get to the bus stop..if the first bus you see that you can get on to POR is packed and is standing room only, DO NOT take it. Just wait, another one will come along very shortly and you'll be able to get a seat. Its a long way back to the resort after walking at the parks all night to have to stand. The buses are excellent, so wait for the next one.:D

We recently spent time at PO-R and totally loved it! We were in the Mansion area (Magnolia 8707). We had a short, but beautiful walk to the food court. In the past we have stayed at Caribbean Beach and have loved it...we really didn't know how we were going to like PO-R...we were glad for the change and are thinking if we travel to WDW again, we just might ask for similar accomodations at PO-R!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter