POR Riverside main pool & slide, anyone?

Disneydreamer5

DIS Veteran
I have just changed my ressie for POR and I found a ton of pix for the dragon pool at POFQ but not one for POR main pool.:sad2:
Please I need to see.:flower3:

Here you go. Scroll down to "recreation" and there are a couple. I've been there and I think it's a really nice and large pool.

http://allears.net/acc/g_dxl.htm

I didn't take any pictures at Ol Man Island from far back enough to see the slide and water effect but the pool area is great. There are a lot of trees which makes the whole area feel like a swimming hole in the middle of the woods and there is a bar there too:woohoo: Enjoy!

I can get you some in about a week or two. Is that soon enough?

Yes that would be perfect we aren't set to go anywhere until May so we have plenty of time to change anything if needed. Please take lots of pictures and post them for me when you return.
Have a great trip.:goodvibes

Hi Disneydreamer5,
Here are some pictures of POR main pool that I took in August "07". Hope this helps.

P8040038.jpg

P8040039.jpg

P8040040.jpg

POR has hot tubs, set aside off the main pool. the Muddy rivers bar is really nice! (the only thing we didn't care for was the Jazz music was kind of LOUD. (in keeping with the theme) it's just that we like to read while on our lounge chairs, (I know, we're weird). don't forget, you can use ANY pool. we liked the quiet pool by our room in alligator bayou, but the pools in magnolia bend are really nice! we like to "pool hop". AND>> it's just a short boat ride to use the FQ pool and food court! the slide at POR is better than at FQ, but if you have little kids, take the boat down to FQ one day.
one of the best perks of eitherPort orlean resort is the boat ride to downtown disney. also, if you want to spend the $, take the horse and buggy ride. (you do need ressies). if your kids are a little older, when our sons were preteens, they thought the arcade at POR was "the bomb".
I think you will be happy with your choice. If you want a sit down dinner, Boatwrights was very good . but the food court at either POR OR POFQ offerered many choices. hubby LOVED the Jambalya. (don't forget, they are "sister resorts, you can use the ammenities at either). It might be worthwhile to walk(kinda long walk) or drive, or take the boat to FQ in the morning to get BEIGNETS, for breakfast. and take the bus from there to the parks. have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter