Port Check in Arrival time

It's been years since we cruised Disney. How do we check in and get our port arrival time?
30 days before at midnight you can check in, enter passport info, travel info and get PAT (unless you are on Disney transportation, and then you don't need a PAT).

30 days before at midnight you can check in, enter passport info, travel info and get PAT (unless you are on Disney transportation, and then you don't need a PAT).

Small correction. At midnight, you can stare at a spinning circle for several hours in the middle of the night while you dream of checking in. My recommendation is to check in the next morning and not worry about an early PAT. Trust me, it really isn't worth the frustration or lost sleep for an extra hour or two, at most, on the ship.

Last edited:

Small correct. At midnight, you can stare at a spinning circle for several hours in the middle of the night while you dream of checking in. My recommendation is to check in the next morning and not worry about an early PAT. Trust me, it really isn't worth the frustration or lost sleep for an extra hour or two, at most, on the ship.
I’ve experienced the blue circle of death many nights.

I accidentally checked in the day after and had no problems :rotfl2: We even boarded an hour before our PAT, because they opened boarding up to everyone right after we got there. Our PAT was 2:15.

So, midnight for me out here in AZ or midnight in Orlando?
Note that many if us had to change the clock on our phone or PC to Eastern to see the option to check-in at midnight. That wasn't the case in 2022 for me, but was a few weeks ago. I don't know if it was a temporary glitch that has been fixed.

Note that many if us had to change the clock on our phone or PC to Eastern to see the option to check-in at midnight. That wasn't the case in 2022 for me, but was a few weeks ago. I don't know if it was a temporary glitch that has been fixed.
I wonder if an incognito window would take care of that. I often have to use that anyway, because of the circus that is Disney website cookies. Can you checkin on the app? I can't remember if I used the app or website when I did it on my phone at Disneyland last summer.

I wonder if an incognito window would take care of that. I often have to use that anyway, because of the circus that is Disney website cookies. Can you checkin on the app? I can't remember if I used the app or website when I did it on my phone at Disneyland last summer.
It didn't in my case. I did try it first before figuring out the clock thing. The worst part is you can't really tell it is just you, because the button just isn't there to check-in. It looks like everything is normal but that Disney hasn't opened it up. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out the clock thing and then the button appeared, but by then I was way too late and couldn't get in for hours. Other people outside of the Eastern time zone in our FB group had the same issue where they had to change the clock too. It is possible it has been fixed now, because it wasn't like that before, even post-pandemic.

If I was going to try at midnight again, and wasn't in the Eastern time zone, I would proactively change it, because it seems if you get really lucky and get through the instant it opens, you have a shot at beating the wheel of death. A few people in our group were able to do that.

You can start the process in the app, but all it does is link you to the Disney Cruise website outside of the app, so it doesn't really help other than getting you to the right spot quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter