• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orlands vs All-star Music resort

Depends on your budget and how much time you spend in the room/resort. Others have pointed out most of the differences - moderates have a little better landscaping, are a tad less "busy", have hot tubs at the main pool and in most cases 2 quiet pools (POFQ might only have one). The rooms are slightly larger at the moderates. The bus stops at the moderates are covered, they are not covered at the value resorts but the value resorts do have actual ques at the bus stops, the moderate and deluxe resorts are pretty much a free for all at the bus stops. Most (if not all) of the moderates have a TS restaurant, the values do not.

Pop Century only offers sky liner to get to Epcot and HS, no buses, AoA and the All Stars offer the bus to all parks. AoA is more expensive than the other value resorts but a lot of the buildings there have inside hallways, the other values and most of the moderates do not. Exception, the tower at CS which is kind of a deluxe lite and does have inside hallways.

I think of the value resorts as sort of a Hotel 6 with over the top theming as far as the rooms and buildings they are in are concerned. The moderates are sort of like a upper level motel with better theming.

We struggled with this same decision for our next trip. Thought about staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. All-Star Music is our go-to Resort. We opted for Music just because it is more cost effective and the fact that we are rarely in our room, so we don't need anything fancy. But Port Orleans is gorgeous! My favourite moderate. Just depends on what you want. If I was to hang around my Resort more I would definitely pick the Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter. Love the grounds and of course the boat to Disney Springs is a big plus.

We haven't been to Disney in 7 years. We want a nice place on Disney property. Our AAA travel agent recommended Port Orlands we suggested All-star Music. Any other thoughts are welcome.
My wife and I have stayed at AS Music every year since 2009. We love Music but we use it only for sleeping at night and breakfast in the morning. I can afford better but basically all I am looking for is a clean place to rest my head at night. If you are looking for more and don't mind spending the extra money, I would stay at Port Orleans.

For us, the PO French Quarter is by far our choice between the two of them. We stayed there when it first opened in 1993 I think and several trips after. We prefer it to Riverside but have stayed at both and enjoy both. All Stars just isn't our cup of tea - so to say. We are older parents with only 1 child and the All Stars were a bit too crowded for us. I agree with others - depends on your budget and what you are going to do. We spend time at the resort now that we have been so many times.

Lately we have been staying at the Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. It is a moderate but have some upgrades not found at other moderates. We didn't care for the other rooms there - they are similar to POR and POFQ. We stayed in those once and I was wishing we were in the tower. All that said, we always use Uber now, so transportation would be a consideration. We always like POFQ in the past, as a lot of time they don't share transportation with Riverside. But until everything gets open, it will be hard to tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter