Port Orleans Experts Needed

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! We are considering staying at PO next trip. Right now I am leaning towards those lovely looking white mansions. What is the interior like? What are the pools like? What is the food court and shop like? What is there to do for little kids other than swim? Someone mentioned fishing? What about feeding fish? My dd would like that. Thanks! S

We have stayed in both the mansions and in Alligator Bayou. Both have their own charm. The Mansion area, aka Magnolia Bend, is more formal. The rooms are done in cherry-like furniture and damasky fabrics. The gardens are lovely. Just meandering around is wonderful. The main pool, Ole Man Island, is a good pool. Nice slide, waterfall. Good size. It is being rehabed at the moment. There are quiet pools, that are just regular rectangular shaped pools near each bldg. There were never very many people at them when we were there. The food court was just fine with us. We had no problem finding foods that my picky dd would eat. The gift shop was very complete. Food, snacks, sundries and all manner of Disney 'stuff'. There is also a video arcade in the main bldg. As far as fishing goes, it may be 'catch and release' at the Fishing Hole. There are bikes, surry bikes and walking paths. We love POR and would stay there all the time. It is just a nice resort. Oh yeah. As far as the rooms go....2 double beds, table/2 chairs, armoire with TV and maybe 4 drawers, nightstand. Double-sinks beside a closet type area. Tub/shower and toilet are in a little room off the sink area.

I have some pictures of Port Orleans at Port Orleans . Go to the album marked "BethC 1952's Disney Vacation Pix" (right now it's the first one). At the bottom of that page is a picture of my husband and father-in-law. Click on that and look around. There are a bunch of general pictures, and then two individual albums, one for the Mansions and one for Alligator Bayou showing the room interiors, etc.

Beth

I just got back Saturday night. It was alright! We stayed in Acadian House - room 8267 - great location. The pool was reopened on Friday at 2 pm. Very nice looking. The food court left A LOT to be desired - very meager selections, and not set up well at all. You can fish - catch and release. Feeding the fish, etc. And take boat trips (the one to DTD is fab). The Alligator Bayou rooms looked boring to me, as were the mansion rooms. But, just because of lack of color. They were relaxing, though. People were telling me how spread out this resort was before I went, and I thought it was quite compact, actually. I have stayed at CBR and visited Coronado, and think those are smaller, too, so POR is just not that big to me. PO FQ was TOO small for me :)

All in all, I would stay here again ONLY if it was the only place available. Just too boring for me, but the week was wonderful...

Palm trees....I need palm trees! I worry that PO will be to plain for me. We stayed at CBR and CSR, both colourful. I live the great white north and like colour and palm trees on vacation. I appreciate all your help! I think I will look into PO more. I really like the look of the mansion bldgs. S

Hi..I live in the north too. It is very white right now. Blowing snow!
Have you considered POFQ? I love this resort. The SIZE of the resort is wonderful and I think the service is better because of this. My DS and DD love the pool and the little guy chased squirrels every morning right outside our room. It's so nice to not have to walk so far to get to your room after a day at the parks. We have stayed at all the AS's, WL, CS, YC, POR. But, POFQ is still my favorite for convenience.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter