Port Orleans Riverside

Trish5768

<font color=6600CC>Each food in its own time<br><f
Hi,

I have booked our first stay at PO Riverside and am wondering if this resort will be big enough for 5 of us. Basically, are we going to have a good time here? It will be me, my DH, DS 15, DD 8 and DS 4.

I know we won't be spending alot of time in the room, just was wondering how the resort is in general. Thanks for any help.

Hi trish,

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last year. It was six of us. We stayed in Alligator Bayou, because that's where the trundle beds are.

It was my DH, myself, DS 13, DD 13, DS 2 and DS 3 months. We were able to stay there because of the trundle bed and I requested a crib for the baby. ALthough he always sleeps in the bed with us. We never even used the crib, but it was the only way to get a room at POR.

I won't kid you, it was a very tight fit. Especially with 2 teens, there is no privacy, except for the bathroom.

The resort is absolutely gorgeous, I just wish it could accomodate a larger family. We are staying at AKL next year, but we've booked 2 rooms since my mother in law is coming with us as well.

Have a great trip.

We've stayed there twice with 5 - 3 adults & 2 small children. At the time, our youngest was in a crib, so that took up a little extra space. Anyway, we found that the room was plenty big for the 5 of us. There was plenty of drawer space to put all our clothes & plenty of counter space in the bathroom. Like Lizzie said, the bathroom is really the only place for privacy, but the same was true when we stayed at the Polynesian.

As far as the resort itself went, we loved it. The themed pool is great for kids of all ages. The food court has a great variety. We also liked taking the boat ride down to Downtown Disney. We found the bus service to be fine (& that was with us hauling 2 strollers).

Hope you have a great trip!

The rooms are not huge, you'll be cozy - but the resort has a lot to do. We had two down days from the parks last year, and we weren't bored at POR at all.

There is a good main swimming area with a fun slide that has a little more of a thrill to it than we thought it would! Same section also has a hot tub, a pool bar, and a nice playground.

There's a marina to rent boats and bikes, a good size arcade, a nice lounge that is actually very family friendly and has a GREAT piano player.

There's also a place to rent fishing poles and do some catch and release fishing. The "cruise" to DD is nice and relaxing - and we also took it over to POFQ and spent an afternoon there enjoying the pool at the "sister resort". That pool has what looks like it would be a better slide - very nicely themed - but my family liked the one at POR better. However, we enjoyed the ambiance and the music that was playing at POFQ and it was a nice outing.

POR also has a full-service restaurant that we had a good dinner and breakfast at, though like anything, your experience may vary! The foodcourt was decent and the bakery section was particularly good.

The resort is pleasant to walk around and just "be" at. However, it's not as jumping as some other places you might have stayed...so I guess it depends on what you are looking for. It's not a Boardwalk or a CR, but there's still quite a bit to do if you are looking to spend a day there instead of at the parks, or the 4 yo is taking a nap, but the other two are restless and want to go do something. Plus, the cruise to DD makes it easy to visit there when you run out of options at the resort.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter