Portable chair?

Got a cup of coffee..... let me tell you our WC/EVC story.

First listen to the advise here. I have asked the same questions. My bit of advise is, you know your husband. If he is willing and able to do a rollenator, don't make a big push for a EVC. My DH would just stay home. He is afraid he'd run someone over. But I'd have some phone numbers on hand, perhaps after the first few hours, he'll notice how many people are using some sort of chair, he will change his mind. You could try to rent something or maybe even buy something and have it delivered the next day.

My DH about 5 trips ago.....I need to stop and rest....20 mins later......I need to stop and rest and repeat. No biggie, we've been to disney lots. We'd find a bench and relax. Except in the past 4 or 5 years benches had disappeared all over the place. Four trips ago, longer rests on benches , shorter park days and bags of ice on knees when we got back to room. Three trips ago... preplanning, maybe we should think of renting a wheel chair a few days...nope, nope, nope. Day of trip, walk from car though the airport to the plane, DH says "get the wheelchair"

For two trips, we rented WC from disney, this trip we rented off site so we would have it while waiting in line for buses. Next trip we are doing the same off site rental too. DH rides about 60% of the time. He does the other 40%. Any big hills, anytime I'm tired or anytime he feels like walking.

By the way we never used the disabled entrance for the buses. DH just sat in chair looping through the line, and when we got near the front, he got up, we folded up the WC and wheeled it in like a stroller. This is how he wanted to do it. He feels there are people who can't get out of a chair and he wasn't going to take their spot.

When we got home, we had discussed buying our own. Asked about different types of chairs. But after getting input from people here and looking online, we decided to forget that idea. We don't see that many more disney trips in our future and the cost of renting vs purchase doesn't even out. Our biggest issues was getting a WC and luggage in our car.

Perhaps at some point we will get to renting a EVC, but if it came down to it, a week at disney isn't worth it to cause an issue for DH. This is a man who had made me a cup of coffee every morning for almost 4 decades. Many times I'd come downstairs with our babies, DH had already left for work, but my mug of coffee would be sitting on the stove. The only difference now is the cup of coffee sits in the microwave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter