• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portable Phone Chargers - Worth It?

Just so that other people know, the FuelRod comes with multiple adapter cords; they say it's compatible with iOS and most Android devices. When you swap, you only swap out the battery, not the cords.

Here's what their website says:
Each initial purchase comes with a cable and connectors for USB Type-A to Micro-USB (most Android devices), USB-C (newer Android phones and tablets) and Apple Lightning (Apple Gen 5+). If you need an older Apple 30-pin connector or if your kit is missing a connector, please contact Customer Service.

Just so no one thinks I'm a FuelRod apologist, I own several Anker chargers as well as the FuelRod (which I bought one year at Disney when I forgot my charging cord). The thing I like most about the FuelRod is its lighter weight. It doesn't weigh down my pocket so much as my other chargers do. And as I said before, I can easily swap out the FuelRod at Disney when it runs down.

We have several of the Ankers and use them all the time on trips of all kinds (and day trips). They last all day and we just plug them in to charge at night. Love them!

Just got my approval for "Founder's Status" with FuelRod. They would LIKE you to attach a receipt, but I didn't have one and was not even sure what month I purchased mine, just that it was at an airport. I took a guess at the month (3 years ago), and put the last 4 of a couple CCs that I may have used to purchase it. Plus the pic of the FuelRod itself.

My theory is that they are approving pretty much anyone who takes the effort to apply and has a pic of a current FuelRod.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 2.51.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 2.51.14 PM.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 5
Turn around is pretty quick, I received my Founder status confirmation email today. It took a week for them to confirm the details I provided and update my account. When I view My Profile in the Fuel Rod app, it shows Founder for Membership level.

Just got my approval for "Founder's Status" with FuelRod. They would LIKE you to attach a receipt, but I didn't have one and was not even sure what month I purchased mine, just that it was at an airport. I took a guess at the month (3 years ago), and put the last 4 of a couple CCs that I may have used to purchase it. Plus the pic of the FuelRod itself.
They didn't ask me to attach a copy of the receipt to the form, just to enter the purchase details. But it might be different depending on what type of receipt you have (mine was an email receipt).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter