• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portifino or Royal Pacific? What can you tell me about these?

Kisby

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are in our upper 30's. No Kids, we will be at Disney for 6 days in early August, then we will spend 5 days going to Universal, Sea World Discovery Cove, etc. Our travel agent recommends staying at PBH for those 5 nights. It looks nice. What can anyone tell me? The Royal Pacific looks nice, too, but our agent doesn't know much about it since it's new.

Bottom line: Which is better and why?

Royal Pacific hasn't opened yet, so no one can give you first hand experience. Didn't your agent mention the Hard Rock Hotel? It is the other Universal hotel. By staying at any of the three hotels, you get express access. Just show your room key at the attractions and go right into the express line. It's a priceless perk! Both the Hard Rock and Portofino are fine hotels. The Portofino is more laid back. There is a thread on this board giving a description of the Royal Pacific that sounds great. You might want to book these hotels yourself to see if you can get one of their discounts. The offer the Entertainment Discount, AAA, and Fan Club discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter