PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

For the hors d'oeuvres at PB, do they stop serving these at 7p sharp? A bit surprising given the parks close at 7p starting next week (though maybe that is a part of their devious design? 👿)

Yes, the lounges usually stop serving on time, on a few occasions we`ve seen things available for a few minutes but they need everything cleared and cleaned for the dessert hour coming up.

Some really nice Florida residents discounts going on now at PBR. We just saved nearly $1,000 on our upcoming stay in November.

QQ - are the sofas in the King rooms as small as they look in the pictures? They look like they're maybe 1.5 seaters?

Anyone with recent AMEX Fine Resorts + Hotels data points? We're a couple checking in about two weeks from today.

Upgrades: We're in a 1 King Garden View. I'm not really expecting much here but if we get an upgrade then that's great.

Breakfast: Any thoughts on the offered breakfast? I'm usually a gate crasher at the park but figure we might just relax this trip since the main reason to rush the gate is for Hagrid's. Might prefer to just wait in line for that one and sleep in.

Experience Credit ($100 Food Credit): Think we will use this at the italian restaurant on site. Any other suggestions we might want to consider or is this likely the best choice? (Assuming one likes Italian)

Anyone with recent AMEX Fine Resorts + Hotels data points? We're a couple checking in about two weeks from today.

Upgrades: We're in a 1 King Garden View. I'm not really expecting much here but if we get an upgrade then that's great.

Breakfast: Any thoughts on the offered breakfast? I'm usually a gate crasher at the park but figure we might just relax this trip since the main reason to rush the gate is for Hagrid's. Might prefer to just wait in line for that one and sleep in.

Experience Credit ($100 Food Credit): Think we will use this at the italian restaurant on site. Any other suggestions we might want to consider or is this likely the best choice? (Assuming one likes Italian)
Hi there. We have used FHR program at the Portofino. We've never gotten the upgrade in room type - normally just book what we want to make sure we get it (we're 5pp). We have been granted early check in and late check out and nearly every day had the breakfast at Trattoria. You can use the additional food credit anywhere onsite and there is a spa credit I think as well. We've also received a fruit platter in room at check in.

Just back from a 2 night FHR stay. Breakfast excellent as always, used our credit for one room at the pool bar and the other room at the Italian restaurant. No room upgrade but we got connecting rooms for 2 different reservations as requested so that was nice- however we would have give them up if it would have meant we got a window...

Construction: they are very serious when they say this hotel is undergoing exterior refurb. The two rooms they gave us both had a plastic sheets over the windows to the exterior that blocked anything that wasn't right up against them. When we came in there was literally a person on the balcony/scaffolding right outside the window. Kinda creepy opening the door and seeing a person lol, I shut the blinds immediately. I'm surprised they're allowing these rooms to be in circulation, had my stay been any longer I would have requested a different room. Exterior noise during business hours you were notified of is one thing but having a premium hotel room with no windows is ridiculous.

ETA- I was a little thrown of because for my room I made 2 back to back one night bookings via FHR (to use some amex $200 credits). Amex merged the two bookings for me automatically which was nice in that I didn't have to check in again on day 2 but was confusing at the front desk when they couldn't find my second booking before we all realized what Amex had done.

Just back from a 2 night FHR stay. Breakfast excellent as always, used our credit for one room at the pool bar and the other room at the Italian restaurant. No room upgrade but we got connecting rooms for 2 different reservations as requested so that was nice- however we would have give them up if it would have meant we got a window...

Construction: they are very serious when they say this hotel is undergoing exterior refurb. The two rooms they gave us both had a plastic sheets over the windows to the exterior that blocked anything that wasn't right up against them. When we came in there was literally a person on the balcony/scaffolding right outside the window. Kinda creepy opening the door and seeing a person lol, I shut the blinds immediately. I'm surprised they're allowing these rooms to be in circulation, had my stay been any longer I would have requested a different room. Exterior noise during business hours you were notified of is one thing but having a premium hotel room with no windows is ridiculous.

ETA- I was a little thrown of because for my room I made 2 back to back one night bookings via FHR (to use some amex $200 credits). Amex merged the two bookings for me automatically which was nice in that I didn't have to check in again on day 2 but was confusing at the front desk when they couldn't find my second booking before we all realized what Amex had done.
Thank you for the update. In less than a month we will be staying in a 2 bedroom suite at PBR and your experience has me a little concerned. I have no idea were the suites are in comparison to the construction, but as we will be there for over a week I really hope that's not what we will be looking at!

Thank you for the update. In less than a month we will be staying in a 2 bedroom suite at PBR and your experience has me a little concerned. I have no idea were the suites are in comparison to the construction, but as we will be there for over a week I really hope that's not what we will be looking at!
Fwiw we had a standard view room, they weren't working on bay view exterior yet so if that's your view you're probably good. Although it wouldn't hurt to call and request to not be near the refurb work.

Absolutely contact them and let them know you want a room not being disturbed by the construction, being there for a week with no view out your window would be dreadful. I have no clue where they are in regards to work and where your suite would be, but definitely worth a call to express your concerns.

I talked to a manager on the phone back in May and asked if I should pick a different hotel because of the construction (we're doing the OI Meetup next week) and she assured me there would be no problems...

Now I'm concerned :( But at this point there's nothing left, soooo we'll just deal with it if we get a room like that.

Does anyone know if I can pay to valet park and stay parked there until the end of the night? We will be staying offsite but I’d like to take the boat back at the end of the night. Maybe that’s crazy?

I have no idea if the parking fee is hourly.
Would be a chunk of change then.

Best to call and get current info costs

Does anyone know if I can pay to valet park and stay parked there until the end of the night? We will be staying offsite but I’d like to take the boat back at the end of the night. Maybe that’s crazy?

For day guests valet parking is $42 plus tax at Portofino Bay.

Family of three + one of daughter's besties (a Potterhead) are going to Universal anywhere for the very first time the first weekend of December:yay:. I decided to christen this occasion by reserving a room at Portofino Bay Club Level and then go downhill from there throughout 2024. Looking forward to experiencing everything Universal has to offer!

Returned yesterday from a week long trip staying at Portofino Bay in a two bedroom suite with a Club level add on. The suites do not allow you to book with a CL add on and I had heard conflicting reports of how to add the CL to our stay. What I did was call the concierge number for the Loews hotel about three weeks before our trip. I stressed that we really wanted the CL and didn't want to risk adding it on at check in. They assured me that they would make a note on the reservation for the CL and we could pay for it at check in. Very glad we did this as when we checked in we were told that the CL add on was not available at that time because the hotel was full. When I told him that I had called ahead he looked through the notes and confirmed that we did have CL added to our rooms. We were charged the $150 a night fee at check out with a $20 night tax added to that making the add on really $170 a night.

We were happy to see the addition of a children's food area in the lounge. Each night there would be a children's food item in this area. The nights we were there had corn dogs, pizza slices {both cheese and pepperoni}, little pigs in a blanket and mac'n cheese. One different item per night. There was one other one that I can't recall. The children in our party, and the adults enjoyed this add on. Also the beer, wine and hard cider are now served behind the bar in the old bar section. The rest of the nighttime meals follow the menu that was posted on here a few months back.

The breakfast offerings also had received a bit of an upgrade from our last visit. The hot items varied a little each day with breakfast potatoes most days with either scrambled eggs or French toast casserole. Lots of fruit ,cereals, oatmeal with toppings, bagels and toast with cream cheese, jelly and peanut butter. That came in handy when the kids just wanted some PB&J sandwiches. Hard boiled eggs and lunch meats and cheeses were also out each morning with a variety of Danishes and muffins. Hot coffee and tea and an assortment of juices rounded things out. Don't forget the Espresso machine that sits in the farthest room over next to the bar. That area also has a variety of tea bags as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter