Portofino Tips

bbabill

Earning My Ears
We are not going until first week of december but does anyone have any portofino tips? One question does the hotel offer a free shuttle to seaworld still?

Originally posted by bbabill
We are not going until first week of december but does anyone have any portofino tips? One question does the hotel offer a free shuttle to seaworld still?

Yes, free shuttles to SW & W&W, you can find out times at the concierge desk. (as of 10/07)
Have them fax you a list of current operating times & restuarant hours, that would probably be of some help with your planning. It's such a beautiful resort, have a great time!!

Cheryl,
We are staying three days at the portofino and 3 days at the CBR in disney. My thoughts are getting a two day universal/ioa pass. And spend a day at sea world in between. Last year we had a two day pass and could have spent more time in the parks. Being on site and cutting out the travel times should we stick to the two day and visit sea world one of the days. Or play it safe and buy the three day?

Here's a tip...

When you're going to the Universal parks, try taking the shuttle bus instead of the water taxi. Early in the morning, the water taxi is packed. You might have to wait a boatload or two before you can get on one. You can get on the shuttle bus with only a few other people to keep you company.

Why is this? I think the water taxi is a lot more visible than the shuttle bus. The dock sits around a high traffic area. The shuttle bus stop is behind a wall at the front entrance. Since most people do not see the bus or do not read the literature given to them at check-in, they may think the water taxi is the only way to go.

That's the tip of the day, brought to you by MiB999999's MiB Shoot-Off. :)

Cheryl,
We are staying three days at the portofino and 3 days at the CBR in disney. My thoughts are getting a two day universal/ioa pass. And spend a day at sea world in between. Last year we had a two day pass and could have spent more time in the parks. Being on site and cutting out the travel times should we stick to the two day and visit sea world one of the days. Or play it safe and buy the three day?

Just keep in mind that attendance is now lower & you get express with your room key. So with all that in mind you'll probably have more time then you did last year to see everything. We went a couple of weeks ago & were able to do both parks in two days & went on almost everything more then once, with a leisurely lunch.
Also like Barry said take the shuttle bus! It's a lot quicker or walk!

Thanks for the tips!!!! One more question. Our room has a VCR does the hotel offer movie rentals?

Thanks for the tips!!!! One more question. Our room has a VCR does the hotel offer movie rentals?

Oh ya know I don't know, I always mean to find that out! And I always mean to bring a few with me.

Allow me to jump on the bandwagon ~~:) Does the PBH have CD players in the rooms ?
I know that the HRH does, but wasn't sure about the PBH.
Also, do all the rooms at the Portofino have a VCR ? We'll be in a bay view.
Thanks !!!
We're down to 20 days until fun, fun, fun !:bounce: :smooth: :jester: :bounce: :cool: :jester:

Originally posted by Seahag
Allow me to jump on the bandwagon ~~:) Does the PBH have CD players in the rooms ?
I know that the HRH does, but wasn't sure about the PBH.
Also, do all the rooms at the Portofino have a VCR ? We'll be in a bay view.
Thanks !!!

The Villa rooms have the stereos & VCR's, my last room was a Bay view & a villa room.

We called concierge when we were there last week and they said no video rentals. :(

We were given a free upgrade from bay view to a villa and we had a cd player/stereo and a vcr in our room. :D

I don't know if they are still doing this, but when we were there,when you bought a two day pass there was a third day free at IOA and UO. Sea World would allow you back in the park the next day free too if you stopped by a window and got a second day pass. That way you could do all parks as much as you want.

The bus works great for both places and is much, much faster than the boat.

The bus even stops at the HRH, something the water taxi doesn't do.

I would ride the water taxi at least once. It's a nice, scenic ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter