Portofino

Buschfan

Mouseketeer
Keep changing dates on my 'splurge' weekend of staying onsite. Didn't have any luck trying to just get 1 night at Royal Pacific. I was surprised when I discovered Portofino has Entertainment rates for 1 night stays. Royal Pacific needed a 3 night minimum. Got Portofino for Saturday during July 4th weekend for $150 gardenview. I was quoted $170 for bayview and $180 for deluxe. Seems like a good rate to me for that time of year..

Yep, that is a great rate. We would take it in a heartbeat. We love the Portofino!

Have fun!

Got the same rate for the Portofino--make sure you sign up for a loews card so you can have milk and cookies brought to your room at check in(Or maybe a beer?)
The Portofino was very elegant. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and the pool area was great--next time i'll allocate more time for that. Boat system was easy, and we ate dinner at CityWalk both nights. We brought our luggage to the front desk at 8:00 am, and they gave us a key for front of the line, even thought we were not checked in yet. So we used front of the line for 3 days, even thought we only stayed 2 nights--loved that!

That's a very good rate. Be sure to try Mama Della's if you like Italian food. You will probably want to make a reserv for that time of year. The marshmallow milkshakes are decadent and the timarasu is excellent!

That is a good rate for PBH. I consider a good rate for PBH from $120-$160 per night for a garden view room.

Thanks for the additional info folks! You read my mind IowaGirl about the beer! Sounds like a great place. Just hope I don't get too spoiled and not want to go back to my low-budget Priceline haunts. We will certainly be there first thing Saturday morning to get our room pass!

Sorry buschfan,
Beer isn't offered as part of Loews welcome gift. You have your choice of white or red wine(very good!), milk and cookies or fruit basket. The beer is really expensive at the hotel/parks. If possible, pick up some beer and a small cooler on the way to the hotel or just ice it down in the sink while you're gone during the day. Save mucho bucks! Also, they do have happy hours at the parks and at certain citywalk places. If you're really interested, post a question about it and you'll get the scoop!! Oh, and you will definitely get spoiled while you're there!

Just a humerous note on the welcome gift ... when we checked in they were out of both cookies & milk and the fruit basket ... would you believe they delivered up a big bag of M&Ms and a big bag of gummy worms!?! They kids loved them anyway! :-)

Hi Iowa Girl,
I am trying to find out what a loews card is and is it worth it. We leave on Wednesday ( in 3 days) and are staying at RPR. I have 3 kids and thought we could catch a break with it. Thanks ahead for any info you can give us.

Originally posted by IowaGirl
Got the same rate for the Portofino--make sure you sign up for a loews card so you can have milk and cookies brought to your room at check in(Or maybe a beer?)
The Portofino was very elegant. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and the pool area was great--next time i'll allocate more time for that. Boat system was easy, and we ate dinner at CityWalk both nights. We brought our luggage to the front desk at 8:00 am, and they gave us a key for front of the line, even thought we were not checked in yet. So we used front of the line for 3 days, even thought we only stayed 2 nights--loved that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter