poseidon's fury?

Bethany10

DIS Veteran
Is this still open? DS is a HUGE Percy Jackson fan, and as a reluctant reader I'm willing to put up with a lot to keep him engaged. He's interested in this area of the park and I suspect we'll eat at Mythos, which I've heard only good things about one day for lunch.

Edited for clarity: I've heard the show bad and we managed to avoid it last year, but I know the name alone will turn his head. Is there at least air conditioning?

Last edited:
Yes, it's open. You can see the wait time in the app (right now, it's 30 minutes). I love the show (it can vary depending on the cast of the day). It has some great visual effects. It is very well air conditioned. Take him. He will love it.

... I suspect we'll eat at Mythos one day for lunch. I've heard it's bad and we managed to avoid it last year, but I know the name alone will turn his head. Is there at least air conditioning?
We LOVE the food and atmosphere at Mythos. Unless it's gone way downhill recently, I've only ever heard (and personally experienced) good things there.

Where did you hear that about Mythos? It’s not going to be the best meal of your life but it’ll be good, The atmosphere is cool and it’s darned nice to have a seat without trying to hunt for one in a crowd. 🤗

Sorry, I should have rephrased my post. I've never heard anything bad about Mythos, I was referring to Poseidon's Fury being a less than stellar attraction. I can see where what I wrote is confusing.

Ah yes. Well, that's true. But, it has it's charm. We have always gotten narrators that are way into it and make it fun.

Haven't done Poseidon in a LONG time. There are live narrators? Don't remember that. I would say it is worth doing at least once.

Narrator wasn't the right word exactly but there's a human interacting with you. Like on Jungle Cruise.

@Bethany10 if you have never done Poseidon then it would be nice to experience at least once. Don’t want to give any spoilers but we agree that overall it is not one of the best things to do on property,still there were a couple of aspects that were interesting. For us, in the future, it will be a maybe if we are looking to kill some time or want to get out of the heat but not high on the priority list. Still was glad we did it at least once.

Haven't done Poseidon in a LONG time. There are live narrators? Don't remember that. I would say it is worth doing at least once.

"Taylor," an employee of the Global Discovery Group, will be your live human guide to explore the multiple rooms of Temple of Poseidon.

My son is a huge Percy Jackson fan too. And, he was very excited to experience this attraction. He loved it. It's not my favorite, but I'll keep going as long as he keeps asking.

If you have kids who are fans of Percy Jackson, y'all need to visit Nashville. We have a full sized replica of the Parthenon of Athens (and we keep ours in better shape). Parts of Percy Jackson were filmed there.

It isn't considered stellar as when it was initially opened. It was considered a huge deal due to the amount of special effects that are involved in the walk through attraction, but now appears dated. However, for those never experienced it, while corny, some of the special effects and other things might be interesting. I personally enjoy it for the nostalgic factor and love the water tunnel.

As for air conditioning, besides MIB, to me it seems Poseidon is the coolest attraction. Pun intended.

The Posideon's Fury show is cheesy, but it has two great things:

1.) The water vortex
2.) Free A/C for 30 minutes

It's an attraction I don't do regularly, but I save it when I need to hide from the rain.

I think it's a neat experience and would recommend it. I like the special effects and your guide can make it a lot of fun. My daughter and I went once at the end of the night and were the only two guests. We had a lot of fun playing along with our guide. She did a great job!

I'm wondering does it run on a specific schedule, like every hour and 1/2 hour? We've been a couple of times, but I can't remember.

I always loved Poseidens fury....... it's a lot of fun!

I’ve never done it, didn’t know that much about it. I will definitely have to try it on my next trip!

It's funny, when I was a kid I didn't care for it, we all relentlessly mocked it. I did read it's had some changes in story in the early years so I wonder if we rode a different version.

We said what the heck, let's give it another shot in 2017 and I was pleasantly surprised. It's not the best thing since sliced bread but it's still good cheesy fun. Same went for the sinbad show, we saw the last one of those ever in 2018. Very touching to see all the old actors there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter