Possible major air travel disruption starting Wednesday due to 5G

Yep. I think it was ATT who said they can't believe more than 50 countries have worked this out, but the FAA hasn't yet.
I heard on NBC this morning that some international carriers (sorry, don't remember which ones, but not US based) cancelled some flight to the US because of this. The reporter said it's an issue with transmitter power and the way the antennas are aimed. Supposedly in the US, the transmitters use higher power and the antennas are aimed toward the horizon (I'm guessing to get a wider coverage area) whereas in Europe(?) they do a lower power and aim the antennas more toward the ground.

I heard on NBC this morning that some international carriers (sorry, don't remember which ones, but not US based) cancelled some flight to the US because of this. The reporter said it's an issue with transmitter power and the way the antennas are aimed. Supposedly in the US, the transmitters use higher power and the antennas are aimed toward the horizon (I'm guessing to get a wider coverage area) whereas in Europe(?) they do a lower power and aim the antennas more toward the ground.
Here's a statement by the president of Emirates saying the problems here in the US are the most irresponsible thing he's seen in his entire career: https://thehill.com/policy/transpor...ident-labels-5g-rollout-utterly-irresponsible

This is it exactly. Our carriers won't angle their antennas or lower their power like other countries have done successfully. Everyone likes to spout off about "How come other countries can do it and we can't?", but therein is the problem. AT&T and Verizon AREN'T following the example of other countries.

This is it exactly. Our carriers won't angle their antennas or lower their power like other countries have done successfully. Everyone likes to spout off about "How come other countries can do it and we can't?", but therein is the problem. AT&T and Verizon AREN'T following the example of other countries.
And the FCC has power over both of them.

Do you happen to have a source for this? The only information I've been able to find shows the US FCC limits power output to 16,400w in non-rural areas, where the UK FCC allows 30,000.

The FAA cited one country, France. The other country they mentioned, Japan they don't provide any data on. Japan's 5g midband buffer is only 40% of that in the US. And they don't say anything about the other 38 countries that operate in the midband currently. Also a moot point as now it appears that all Boeing and Airbus products have been certified to operate without limitations again. The only passenger planes in the US that I can see aren't listed are the CRJs.

Also a moot point as now it appears that all Boeing and Airbus products have been certified to operate without limitations again. The only passenger planes in the US that I can see aren't listed are the CRJs.
Where did you see that please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter