possible to make a 10am flight after disney dream?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
How early can you get off the ship and if you have town car transfer is it possible to make it to the airport for a 10am flight?

thanks

I agree with previous poster. That is very tight considering the journey to the airport and how busy MCO can get. I have been in crazy long lines there and that stress isn't worth it to me.

How early can you get off the ship and if you have town car transfer is it possible to make it to the airport for a 10am flight?

thanks
IF the ship docks on time, and IF the ship is cleared in a timely manner, and IF you find your bags and make it through customs/immigration with no delay, and IF your private transportation is there, waiting for you, and IF there are no traffic/constructions issues on the highway between Port Canaveral and MCO, and IF there is no massive back up at TSA in MCO, you should have no problem making a 10:00 flight.

That's a lot of IFs.

Have people done it, yes. I wouldn't chance it.

thanks, my mom is nuts. we are going back to the parks for a day but my parents are flight right home... I told her NOT recommended before 11:30 - unfortunately the next one is 5:30.

Wow! That's really cutting things close! What day of the week does your cruise arrive (would make a difference on if there is rush hour traffic)? Do you have TSA pre-check to help get through security at MCO? And are you carrying your luggage on the plane?

thanks, my mom is nuts. we are going back to the parks for a day but my parents are flight right home... I told her NOT recommended before 11:30 - unfortunately the next one is 5:30.
Are you sharing transportation? Why not make a stop enroute to have lunch? Having a couple of hours to "waste" at the airport isn't really as bad as it seems. There's lots of shops and stuff to wander through.

This makes me chuckle a little because my mom and I did a cruise with Princess from Seattle to LA and we booked a "return" flight to Seattle for 9:30. Except we had a not-so-comedy of errors happen. The coast guard didn't give clearance for the ship to begin disembarkation for almost 45 minutes from when they said we would be able to disembark (we had priority disembarkation due to platinum status). Then they held everyone for at least another 30 minutes because the police had to board and take some passengers off/away in handcuffs (by this time we were waiting by the door, itching to get off). Our town car was waiting for us and zipped us through LA rush hour traffic. We were going to miss the flight so I had to call the airline to explain what happened and to please put us on the next flight from LAX to SEA. She kept saying, you mean SEA to LAX? It didn't dawn on me until the 3rd time she said it that I had booked one-way tickets the wrong one-way. Anyway...my lesson (besides triple check everything before booking) is that trying to book a flight home from a cruise that early was crazy!! And why did I do it, you ask? I was trying to get back to work and just call in "late."

If she uses the cruise line/airline baggage check in AND does Express Walk Off, it's possible to make it.

If she uses the cruise line/airline baggage check in AND does Express Walk Off, it's possible to make it.
You can't use the onboard check in if you have a flight before the recommended time (11:30 am).

Also, have to be using DCL transfers (or have the airflight booked through DCL) to use onboard check in.

Last edited:
you can get off ship at 730 but unless you have your own transportation you will be waiting for bus to fill up before they leave port , i agree 10 am is a little too close i would not try it and ive been on 15 disney cruises, dont forget the planes start loading 1/2 hour before which means you would have to be checked in a thru security and to your gate proberly no later than 9am so no i wouldnt do it

they will take the later flight. I basically told her she was insane :) thanks for the quick feedback! We are spending the day at Epcot so I am not on such a tight schedule.

We did a 9:10AM flight the last time. We did NOT have breakfast on the boat. We ordered coffee and juice the night before. We were off the boat as soon as we were able to, and we carried all of our luggage with us. We drove a rental car and parked at port we we went directly to the car, to the airport, had prepaid fuel so no need to stop on the way back. We also had TSA precheck, and we still waited at the gate for about 30 minutes before boarding. It is possible if everyone in your party understands how important it is to move along!

It's completely possible to do but is cutting it a bit close. As others have said, if the ship arrives late, you'll likely miss your flight. If you're okay with that risk, then as long as the ship isn't late & you get off the ship asap, you'll probably be fine. Having TSA Pre-Check would help, as would not having to check in any bags.

Last edited:
As others have said, if the ship arrives late, you'll likely miss your flight.
As a "for example" - it seems the Fantasy arrived late this morning (around 8:00?). Anyone with early flight could be in a pickle.

EDIT: Turns out the report was wrong....but, even so.....it can happen.

Last edited:
If she books a later flight, she could get a "day rate" at the Hyatt. That's a really nice and confortable place to spend the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter