Possibly Unpopular Opinion-Room requests (don't do it)

I don't think I've ever gotten the requested room, or anything close to it. Most of the time, it's worked out well. Last November, not so much. Solo female traveler, and I ended up with a ground level, handicapped accessible room. I HATE ground level (my brother's ground level room was broken into via the window one night while they were in the room, sleeping) and also don't do well with HA rooms. I have terrible knees, and both the bed and the toilet were too low; it was really hard to sit/stand. I was so unhappy with my small, dark, first floor room. It really did take the "shine" off the trip a little bit.

I just put in a request for my Nov 4-8 trip to ASMusic via touringplans. I asked for a room range, but in the notes specifically requested upper floor, NOT handicapped accessible. Those two are far more important to me than the actual building/view.
Wow, broken into through the window at Disney? That's horrible. We always have a firearm in our room, (when driving) in case of such insanity occurs, (regardless of where we are traveling).

I put in a room request on TP for my room and my son's family as we were traveling together, didn't get the specific room or floor from the TP room request. But I had called Disney and had them put a "travel with" note on our reservations, we were across the hall from each other which was more important to me than the specific room request anyway.

Do you think there is a better chance of being upgraded if you DON'T put in a room request? We are staying standard view, 2Q at CSR Jan 9-13.Yes, I will be happy with whatever we get, I know what I booked when I booked the room. However, it's our 30th anniversary and a pixie dusting to the tower would be... AMAZING!

Do you think there is a better chance of being upgraded if you DON'T put in a room request? We are staying standard view, 2Q at CSR Jan 9-13.Yes, I will be happy with whatever we get, I know what I booked when I booked the room. However, it's our 30th anniversary and a pixie dusting to the tower would be... AMAZING!
As of now, there are only king rooms available in the tower for your dates (for both discounted & rack rate), so if you have more than 2 in your room, the chances of a tower upgrade are slim to none. Call and have a note put on your reservation that you are celebrating your 30th anniversary - I believe there is an option when you do online check in to say you are celebrating, but I could be misremembering.

Do you think there is a better chance of being upgraded if you DON'T put in a room request?
No. I don’t think it makes a difference.
We are staying standard view, 2Q at CSR Jan 9-13.Yes, I will be happy with whatever we get, I know what I booked when I booked the room. However, it's our 30th anniversary and a pixie dusting to the tower would be... AMAZING!
If you really want a Tower room, but don’t want to pay for it, just be bold and ask at the front desk when you arrive. They’ll probably say no, but anything’s possible.

Personally, I’d just try and book a Tower room now, if that’s what you really want. A 30th Anniversary is special, so hoping for pixie dust can end up being a real let down.

Tbh, if it’s that special of an occasion I would just straight up book a tower room. Expecting pixie dust is setting yourself up for disappointment.

That said, I always submit room requests through Touring Plans unless I’m staying at the Swolphin, and I have always gotten what I wanted. I did get upgraded once at the Grand Floridian on my 40th birthday trip though. I booked Outer building TPV and requested Conch through TP, did online check in and got the room ready text in the restroom at MCO and saw they put me in a deluxe king room in the main building. Nearly dropped my phone in the can! But this was before club level had reopened so no one could get in the main building unless they were upgraded, and a few people were. Another DISer who was there that same weekend was also upgraded to the main building.

I like to joke that Disney took pity on me because the crazy thing is I originally booked that room category but had to cancel it when the Canadian border still hadn’t reopened so my partner couldn’t come with me, and I had to downgrade when discounts came out in order to apply it since technically I had a room category that was unavailable. I did have our TA put that it was a milestone birthday but honestly I’m sure it was just down to logistics and I lucked out. That’s the thing about upgrades.

Our best and earliest available rooms are when no request was made. I've never gotten my room requests.

Two weeks ago our rooms were ready at 11 am and 1 pm. Woot!

Standard VGF view and ready at 11: 1000001561.jpg1000001558.jpg

Did the early check in thing in the app for our AKL stay next week and it gave me two drop downs for requests. I just put near lobby. Honestly we'll be happy with any Jambo room I think, only booked standard and plan on being out and about exploring the resort and doing the activities a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter