• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

Wow, is that the Knoebel's Campground? Last time we stayed there it was totally PACKED. (Rack and Stack)

We love Knoebel's (of course the park is a big part of it) but don't like that the sites only have Electric (no Water/sewer). That was the first Campground we stayed at with our other camper and we learned A LOT on that trip.

We have also stayed at J&D's down the road too. It's not as "Cramped" but of course it's not walking distance to the parks.

Yes. The Canadian section. This was the tightest I've been at Knoebel's spot wise. During the fall, there is not as many campers. In the Summer, it is hard to get a spot on the weekends. We usually will do a long weekend like Saturday-Tuesday or Wednesday. A little to less crowded depending on when you go since PA schools start earlier than NJ schools. Electric only does not bother us. Our trailer holds 45 gallons of water and I am usually dumping my water on the last day. The water fill is another thing as if there are multiple campers filling up, it can take awhile. My parents are lucky in the fact they can only carry 15 gallons or so. Besides you are going to be in the park more or less than at the camper. Come to think of it, I generally do not camp at places with full hook ups. I usually get water and electric. If we get cable that is a plus! I even "dry" camp for several days over the summer. I only have a 3500 Watt generator for electric.

Lake Glory is the full hook up campground at Knoebel's. We stayed there about five years ago. My parents had a motorhome at the time. They were parked up front by Twister. So we would just drive over and park at their site. Then walk over to the park. Those sites are tight! It was great at the time since my DD was little at the time. Having to only pull a wagon to short distance was not as much as feat. Now she is older, staying in the Canadian is more feasible. She likes riding the fun bus and does not complain about the walk when taken if we miss the fun bus. The sites in the Canadian section are larger and more "spacious". I would say not as big as a Premium spot at the fort but still a good size. We usually can get the trailer and the truck on the site with plenty of space without feeling crowded.

The other thing I like about Knoebel's is the fact they have a lumber and hardware store on site. Since they are in the country if you need some extra leveling wood or a repair piece, you are in walking distance. I needed some 4x6 blocks for my trailer during my last summer trip. I drove right over the the yard. They cut the blocks down for me and they had a replacement knob for my trailer's awning. The price was more than reasonable given the fact the next closest place I knew of was Lowes near 80. Everything was covered with a 20 with change left over to use in the park.

Peg, you got to try the Canadian section. It is a much different experience. We always request sites in the back.

Peg, you got to try the Canadian section. It is a much different experience.
When we stayed there we were on site P-6 (Right off of Pennsylvania) and it was okay to get our 27' TT in (actual length was closer to 30' with hitch/bumper), now we have a Coachmen Catalina 343QBDS which is about 7 feet longer overall. Much more challenging to maneuver, particularly in those tight spots.

I don't think we looked at the "Canadian" sites to much but will have to give it a go.

I Am okay with not having the water/sewer hook-ups, but the DW doesn't like using the "Public" showers. Admitadely though, when we were there it was a Labor Day Weekend and when I say it was packed, I think they were actually SOLD OUT! So of course the showers are always full, and probably a thousand people get through them before the staff can "Attend" to them. So the DW just wants to shower in the TT. At least the newer one has a bigger capacity Black/Grey tanks. I'd like to consider a mod that would take Grey water to flush the toilet saving even more on the H2O tank. Especially when you consider Knoebel's water is, well.... "HORRIBLE". (Taste and even smell).

I know some of the states area. that 27 footer would be tight to park in many of those spots. I think my parents would camp Wisconsin and or Virginia a number of times. It was tight with a 25 foot Class C. We moved to the Canadian section in 2012 for the first time and felt in love with the section. Bigger sites. Set back a bit for a quieter experience. You are not hearing the Twister every 2 minutes. Not like it is a bad thing. Now since you were there on Labor day, I am shocked you got a site to begin with. I know the holidays the park is usually crowded. Much like Disney in some aspects.

My trailer is a 30 footer. It looks small to some of the rigs in the back area. There are a number of 5'ers, Class As, larger TTs, and then tenters all in the Canadian section. When my wife and I decide to move up, this should not be a problem getting a larger rig in the back. You should give a try sometimes. Now the water situation, I never really noticed out of the tank. Then again I don't drink from the water tank, we usually do water jugs for around the trailer. We will have a camelback or some other water carrying device for around the park. I know the water fountains do have some taste once in awhile. Definitely a mineral taste to it. We do have a Britta filter sport bottles which cures alot of those flavors.

Now since you were there on Labor day, I am shocked you got a site to begin with.
We were shocked too. It's funny, because the DW (It's HER that wanted and actually purchased the TT. I am good with a tent, but I digress) got the trailer about a month and a half before Labor Day and she wanted to test it out. So she called Knoebel's. The timing must have been JUST RIGHT, because they had a cancellation and we were able to get in.

Their policy for times like holidays is that if you had it LAST YEAR, you get the choice if you want it NEXT year, but you must reserve it before you leave during the current year. If you don't reserve it (or you cancel after you reserved it) then you have to hope and pray for an opening again if you want to go.

We do have a Britta filter sport bottles which cures alot of those flavors.
I bought some this year too. Mostly for Disney, but since we are only an hour (or so) from Knoebel's, it was a good test and it passed with flying colors. The only thing(s) I don't like about the Brita bottles (at least the ones I have) is that you have to close it REALLY tight otherwise it leaks plus you either have to Suck it out hard or squeeze it (which leads to leaking if you didn't put the lid on really tight). It's not like a typical "Sports Bottle" because of the filter, but it still works great.

We like Lake Glory a lot better than the campground at the park. Much more room between sites and the sewer is a plus. We used to stay at the Knoebel's Campground when we had the pop up, but now with the hybrid its much nicer and quieter at LG.

We were shocked too. It's funny, because the DW (It's HER that wanted and actually purchased the TT. I am good with a tent, but I digress) got the trailer about a month and a half before Labor Day and she wanted to test it out. So she called Knoebel's. The timing must have been JUST RIGHT, because they had a cancellation and we were able to get in.

Their policy for times like holidays is that if you had it LAST YEAR, you get the choice if you want it NEXT year, but you must reserve it before you leave during the current year. If you don't reserve it (or you cancel after you reserved it) then you have to hope and pray for an opening again if you want to go.

I bought some this year too. Mostly for Disney, but since we are only an hour (or so) from Knoebel's, it was a good test and it passed with flying colors. The only thing(s) I don't like about the Brita bottles (at least the ones I have) is that you have to close it REALLY tight otherwise it leaks plus you either have to Suck it out hard or squeeze it (which leads to leaking if you didn't put the lid on really tight). It's not like a typical "Sports Bottle" because of the filter, but it still works great.

Damn great story that is luck to get a spot. We are getting our summer plans together now. We are running late this year since usually we have our stuff booked. It looks like we are going to be there late August instead of mid August. The Fall trip will be probably the weekend after the covered bridge festival.

That's what we did with the sports bottles. They were for Disney but we used them at Knoebel's as well. We don't have problems with leaking or anything. They work great. I know about the reservations. It's one of the reasons why you generally cannot get the holidays or most summer weekends. Like season tickets, once you get them, you generally don't give them up. I was talking to member on a truck forum. His site at Knoebel's for Memorial day has been in the family for 30 years. He is usually in the same site if not a few over the same time every year. My wife's stepbrother's wife her family has been going up there for years. They rent the cottages. They get the same cottage every summer and usually her mom reserves the cottage a year in advance.

We like Lake Glory a lot better than the campground at the park. Much more room between sites and the sewer is a plus. We used to stay at the Knoebel's Campground when we had the pop up, but now with the hybrid its much nicer and quieter at LG.

Lake Glory is nice. We stayed there in 2011. Very quiet and laid back. My daughter had fun there. Several of my friends when they go up there, they stay there and drive over to the park. They like the full hook up for the kids being able to be cleaned up and stuff. We like being by the park. It's nice to just walk back to the site for a relaxing rest of the evening with a cold beer and campfire. I was bummed by the fact we didn't have a campfire last year. I always have one.

We haven't been camping since last year. Here are a couple from Shenandoah National Park, the Meadows campground. It's beautiful there, one of our favorite places to camp. The sites are large, plenty of room for us to play frisbee or kick the soccer ball around.

Our hybrid which was room enough when 7 of us were camping but is amazing now that only 5 of us usually camp.

Oh wow, that is a good shaded place there. Hard to find good shade with grass on it. Usually dirt and roots in most places I've been.

Hoping to camp there next summer if all lines up like I am hoping.

Oh wow, that is a good shaded place there. Hard to find good shade with grass on it. Usually dirt and roots in most places I've been.

Hoping to camp there next summer if all lines up like I am hoping.

The nice thing about this park is all the pull through sites have loads of grass. It is one of the most beautiful campgrounds. We love National Parks though even though they don't have amenities. It's nice to get away from electricity and internet service and get back to nature. It's very relaxing.

Sometimes it is nice to get back to a "Quiet" life but sometimes I miss the internet. I think I only miss technology and the Internet because, I know after vacation, I have to come back to the "Real" world. :(

Beautiful oceanfront site this weekend at Long Key State Park in the Florida Keys. First time there and it's become our favorite park. Absolutely gorgeous.

Sites relatively small but good amount of privacy and super clean and modern bathrooms.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 23
Just got back from Lockhart State Park. Only 20 sites, half of those were full hookups near the golf course. There were 4 other campers that weekend and we were the only ones from Texas. There was a Canada, California, and two I did not catch.
We stayed in #20 because it was on the end and did not have quite a drop off like the others did.
Great hiking trails, including a wild rose loop where you get to walk right under huge canopies of wild roses. It was pretty amazing.

IMG_6457 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

Beautiful oceanfront site this weekend at Long Key State Park in the Florida Keys. First time there and it's become our favorite park. Absolutely gorgeous.

Sites relatively small but good amount of privacy and super clean and modern bathrooms.

WOW! That looks amazing.

This weekend in the Adirondacks. The weather has been great but the mosquitoes are here and hungry. I'm sticking close to the fire and it's helping a little bit. I hope all you campers are out there somewhere enjoying a campfire right now!
IMG_20160604_205935513_zpsruidwjsj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow! That looks like a great place to camp and not hard to see why it would be your favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter