Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Because it’s late in the game to buy it now - anyone who wanted it would have purchased it by now (only 2 weeks away). Plus I get 4 free upgraded boardings per year with the SW priority card

sorry - meant to quote the previous poster!

Because it’s late in the game to buy it now - anyone who wanted it would have purchased it by now (only 2 weeks away). Plus I get 4 free upgraded boardings per year with the SW priority card

sorry - meant to quote the previous poster!
Oh I forget that priority card people can do that 👍. Good luck!!!

Sorry for the scribbles but can you guys help me understand this? I booked the flights the day they came out, I think 6/5. Then I changed our outbound flight from 12/3 to 12/2, then again to a different time on 12/2. I'm just trying to figure out why it's in this order like it's redeeming for 4 flights and it doesn't show anything for the flights coming back. These points are for 2 people btw. so the 27887 is for 2 people flying to orlando. The next page just has flights from our march trip. I feel incredibly stupid right now for not understanding this.

View attachment 599470

The way Southwest does credits with points can be confusing, so please don't feel stupid! When you change flights or get a credit with pts, the original pts will be refunded and the new lower price pts will be deducted. If I'm understanding correctly, you originally bought a flight for 12/3 for 30,358 pts/pp. When you changed to the 12/2 flight, 30,358 pts/pp were refunded and 24,953 pts/pp were deducted for the new flight. When you then changed flight times for 12/2, you were refunded 24,953 pts/pp and charged 27,877 pts/pp. They not only add back all pts for a credit and then deduct all pts for the new flights, but they also do it for each person, which is why you see 2 redemptions for each of the purchases as well as the refunds. I think it'd be easier for them to just subtract or add the difference when changing a flight or getting a credit because it does get confusing the way they do it. Hope this helps and that I'm understanding what you did :).

Is anyone else stressing out about Sept 16th yet? I have a list of 8 different flights I need to book through April 24th (kids coming from different cities times 2 trips) and it is making me lose sleep. Thanksgiving and Christmas flights were insane at the release time this year (and stressfu!) and I am worried that this release will be more of the same. 😢

The way Southwest does credits with points can be confusing, so please don't feel stupid! When you change flights or get a credit with pts, the original pts will be refunded and the new lower price pts will be deducted. If I'm understanding correctly, you originally bought a flight for 12/3 for 30,358 pts/pp. When you changed to the 12/2 flight, 30,358 pts/pp were refunded and 24,953 pts/pp were deducted for the new flight. When you then changed flight times for 12/2, you were refunded 24,953 pts/pp and charged 27,877 pts/pp. They not only add back all pts for a credit and then deduct all pts for the new flights, but they also do it for each person, which is why you see 2 redemptions for each of the purchases as well as the refunds. I think it'd be easier for them to just subtract or add the difference when changing a flight or getting a credit because it does get confusing the way they do it. Hope this helps and that I'm understanding what you did :).
I was assuming the 27877 was for 2 people. because the flight was only 12708 points/pp. or do they add the points from the flights to and from together for each person, so the total for round trip was 27877/pp and thats why I don't see anything for the return flight? I guess that would make more sense since 12708x2 is not 27877. I've never really paid this much attention before, but I've never made this many changes either.

Is anyone else stressing out about Sept 16th yet? I have a list of 8 different flights I need to book through April 24th (kids coming from different cities times 2 trips) and it is making me lose sleep. Thanksgiving and Christmas flights were insane at the release time this year (and stressfu!) and I am worried that this release will be more of the same. 😢
Yes! We are booking for MA school vacation week in April. We have some LUV vouchers to use then we're booking the rest of the flights on points. My MIL isn't sure if she can come with us yet so we're going to book her on points but on a separate confirmation number because we are going to buy early bird. It's going to be crazy...hopefully my hubs is going to be able to handle the pressure!

I was assuming the 27877 was for 2 people. because the flight was only 12708 points/pp. or do they add the points from the flights to and from together for each person, so the total for round trip was 27877/pp and thats why I don't see anything for the return flight? I guess that would make more sense since 12708x2 is not 27877. I've never really paid this much attention before, but I've never made this many changes either.
It looks like each entry is for a round trip flight 12/3-12/5 or 12/2-12/5, based on the text shown in your screenshot.

Can you get your Early Bird Check In fees refunded if your flight was canceled due to weather and the rebook had you way in the back? It just dawned on me that we had that happen for some late June flights returning from a trip. We were so glad to get home the next day (despite the flight not being direct and having to shell out $$ for a hotel) that it's just dawned on me that the $50 was worthless.

Yes I am stressing especially if it is a late release. I just told my husband to block his work calendar for that day if I can't book flights before I leave for work since I can't do it at work. We have different scenarios of which flights I want under different accounts. I'm going to have to do some mock bookings with him to show him what I want!

If I hope to purchase upgraded boarding on the day if the flight for 4 of us do you think I’m out of luck if the flight now shows as unavailable? This flight is a second non stop they added late in the game that I switched to as soon as I saw it (snd it looks like everyone else did too…)
I've never not seen the signs offering upgraded boarding on any SW flight I've ever been on. And I've never been denied when I've purchased for myself. I've had A1 on full flights from MCO and A4 on full flights to MCO. The only way they wouldn't have it is if 15 people bought BS fares.
Can you get your Early Bird Check In fees refunded if your flight was canceled due to weather and the rebook had you way in the back? It just dawned on me that we had that happen for some late June flights returning from a trip. We were so glad to get home the next day (despite the flight not being direct and having to shell out $$ for a hotel) that it's just dawned on me that the $50 was worthless.
It's worth a call, but I wouldn't count on it. If it was weather they aren't obligated to do anything, but they may if you ask nicely.

Depends. Are you talking about the 'early bird" you purchase on the ticket or the upgraded boarding you can purchase at the gate. If the flight cancels, you can contact SW and if it was upgraded boarding I am sure they will give it back. It depends if you bought the early bird with the ticket and then ended up in the back because all the other boarding passes have been issued. Most likely they will not refund you because it was due to weather. The only way you could have gotten this changed would have been by purchasing the upgrade at the gate (if available) so you could get closer to the front.

I've never not seen the signs offering upgraded boarding on any SW flight I've ever been on. And I've never been denied when I've purchased for myself. I've had A1 on full flights from MCO and A4 on full flights to MCO. The only way they wouldn't have it is if 15 people bought BS fares.

It's worth a call, but I wouldn't count on it. If it was weather they aren't obligated to do anything, but they may if you ask nicely.

If all fares are showing as unavailable, most likely there will not be any A 1-15 slots available as they "sold out" of all Business Select fares which are the A 1-15. If it was a popular flight this is not unheard of. There are many people who are okay with paying the Business Select fare on a flight - especially a non stop one. Your best shot is to get there VERY early to check in. So you will have to determine if the possible reward is worth the risk of getting there early and them being sold out of A 1-15.

Are you talking at the gate? Hoping to pay for a1-15? We tried that on a partially full flight out of a small airport on a Tuesday and weren’t successful. Why wouldn’t you just pay for early bird?

Keep in mind early bird does not guarantee you the A boarding group. It only means that because you paid, they will check you in ... in the order of who purchased the ticket with early bird first. I have seen many individuals very upset because they ended up B 24 but purchased Early Bird. Also, keep in mind, that those who are A List preferred are checked in first. If they have a companion pass or individuals on the same itinerary they are checked in too. So if one A List preferred has 3 people on their itinerary and they were the first person with A List preferred to book a flight they would be issues, A 16 and the three people on the itinerary with them would be issued A 17, A 18 and A 19. They would then go to the next A List preferred. After they do this category they go to A- List. As an A List with a companion I have been as low as A 35 and A 36. Once these two categories are checked in they go to those who purchased a ticket with early bird. Thus, individuals receiving B 25 even though they paid the early bird fee. Also, with SW they allow individuals who are A list preferred and A list to who did not get an A boarding group to go after A 60. They are then followed by families with children under the age of 6 and military personnel in uniform. The B group follows them.

Yes! We are booking for MA school vacation week in April. We have some LUV vouchers to use then we're booking the rest of the flights on points. My MIL isn't sure if she can come with us yet so we're going to book her on points but on a separate confirmation number because we are going to buy early bird. It's going to be crazy...hopefully my hubs is going to be able to handle the pressure!
We are booking for MA vacation week as well- (flying out of PVD). I'm hoping the evening flight out on Friday is the same price or cheaper than the early morning Sat flight; I would rather that and stay at the Hyatt at MCO Friday night and start our way to WDW on Saturday fully rested. Easter pricing is probably going to throw all my plans off!

A flight booked with points does not count towards A List
so far ALL of our flights have been booked with points......we have right now 242k points and I haven't "paid" for a flight in almost 5 years...

and I earned A List last year...and the bonus to earn it again for next year, they were counting our 2 current flights towards the 4 I needed and those are all bought with points...

so :confused3

A flight booked with points does not count towards A List
Unless you have a promotion that specifically includes award travel.
so far ALL of our flights have been booked with points......we have right now 242k points and I haven't "paid" for a flight in almost 5 years...

and I earned A List last year...and the bonus to earn it again for next year, they were counting our 2 current flights towards the 4 I needed and those are all bought with points...

so :confused3
PP was referring to in general. Your specific offer explicitly includes award travel. That explicit inclusion overrides the normal rule that only revenue flights count towards A list.

We are booking for MA vacation week as well- (flying out of PVD). I'm hoping the evening flight out on Friday is the same price or cheaper than the early morning Sat flight; I would rather that and stay at the Hyatt at MCO Friday night and start our way to WDW on Saturday fully rested. Easter pricing is probably going to throw all my plans off!
We fly out of PVD too. The decrease in direct flights to and from MCO is the worst. I don't mind waking up at the crack of dawn to go to Disney but it's the worst flight time for coming home. We chose the last direct flight earlier this month and didn't get home until almost 2am after a bunch of delays. Our poor toddler was such a champ.

I'm sorry, I always book one ways so didn't pay close enough attention to realize it was RT.

Yes I am stressing especially if it is a late release. I just told my husband to block his work calendar for that day if I can't book flights before I leave for work since I can't do it at work. We have different scenarios of which flights I want under different accounts. I'm going to have to do some mock bookings with him to show him what I want!
I'm stressing about timing as well! Historical releases have been anywhere from 7 am - 10:30 am, so looks like I'll have the webpage open on my computer all morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter