Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We are flying to Orlando on Thanksgiving day. We have an hour layover at BWI, should I be concerned about making the connecting flight? We almost always do a direct flight from our area but this time Southwest only had one nonstop flight and it ended up being a pretty late flight so we opted for the layover. I actually just noticed that the layover was only an hour.

We fly into BWI all the time and make connections. Under normal circumstances an hour is more than enough. Not sure with all the delays and cancellations due to lack of personnel that you can count on no having issues.

I've never heard about times when the prices are specifically lower (as someone said a few posts back.)
Am I understanding that tickets may go down on Oct 27th?
credit.

Are you referring to this post?

So the next drop is on which day exactly again? This is the first time I’ve been waiting for flights to drop!

The poster was asking when the next batch of flights will be released as answered below. Not when flight prices will go down.

We are currently accepting air reservations through April 10, 2023. On October 27, 2022 we will open our schedule for sale through July 10, 2023. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently

I am trying to book plane tickets from Phoenix to MCO.
Right now best I can get is $400 round trip.
If was flying from LAX (my old home airport) it's only $200ish round trip.
I've never heard about times when the prices are specifically lower (as someone said a few posts back.)
This time last year I booked for our January 2021 trip and then checked back a few weeks later and found them to be $40 cheaper so I rebooked and now have that $40 as flight credit.
I just hate having to spend SO much to get there.
10/27 is opening day for a new batch of fights. Many of those are likely to be lowest that day and then climb as the travel date approaches. So, that's a good day to book the new dates available.

I would *not* expect other flights already in the system to go down that day in particular.

Use promotion code SAVE20NOW from 10/18-10/20 for travel through 12/15/2022. Thanksgiving and Black Friday included.
Blackout dates: 11/18-11/23 & 11/26-11/29/22

*Must book with points

Use promotion code SAVE20NOW from 10/18-10/20 for travel through 12/15/2022. Thanksgiving and Black Friday included.
Blackout dates: 11/18-11/23 & 11/26-11/29/22

*Must book with points
Darn! Of course I didn't dee this - AND I booked 2 flights with points on Wednesday!!! UGH!!!!!!

First time considering SW flights

1. If purchasing EBCI about a month out what are our odds of getting A?

2. If we got B, what are our odds of finding seats together during family boarding. I have a 3 year old and 5 year old so we need a row of 3 together and ideally my husband would be close by somewhere.

3. If they were available and its needed, can we buy A1-15 spots anytime before boarding? Wed be coming off a cruise on the way back and I wouldnt be checking until several hours before the flight.

2. If we got B, what are our odds of finding seats together during family boarding. I have a 3 year old and 5 year old so we need a row of 3 together and ideally my husband would be close by somewhere.

3. If they were available and its needed, can we buy A1-15 spots anytime before boarding? Wed be coming off a cruise on the way back and I wouldnt be checking until several hours before the flight.
You will find seats together during family boarding. I wouldn't bother with ECBI. I've gotten seats together for a family of 5 (so full row of 3 and set of 2) with B group teens.

I am trying to book plane tickets from Phoenix to MCO.
Right now best I can get is $400 round trip.
If was flying from LAX (my old home airport) it's only $200ish round trip.
This time last year I booked for our January 2021 trip and then checked back a few weeks later and found them to be $40 cheaper so I rebooked and now have that $40 as flight credit.
I just hate having to spend SO much to get there.
We fly from PHX to MCO in January, We got our tickets several months ago and they really have not changed prices, just going up

1. It's really hard to guess, because it depends on the popularity of the flight, and how many people bought Early Bird when they first purchased. Usually if I wait til a few weeks before to get EB I get low B's. If I get it right when I purchase tickets I get A's. But those are all-full popular flights.
2. I would say it is pretty likely you can find seats together.
3. Yes you can. Used to you would buy at the gate (which you still can do), or now you can do it online. I bought at the gate one time where the flight was full, and I forgot to check in early, so got C's. Bought A 1-15 and was the first one on the plane.

1- I wouldn’t bother purchasing EBCI at this point if you qualify for family boarding. We don’t always get A purchasing well in advance.
2- you will get seats together with family boarding - that’s the point of it and why they do it after A - the 4 of you can board since you have 2 qualifying kids. You should easily get a row plus a seat across the aisle or in front or behind you. Go to the back - it will mostly be empty at that time.
3- you can pay for seats 1-15 if not sold out but prob would be a waste of money since you can do family boarding. Last flight I took they were sold out ahead of time (full flight).

To add to the chorus, just do family boarding since you have young children. I bought EBCI in June for an August trip to ME. We got B boarding numbers for our first flight; so I paid for us to upgrade to A1-15 to guarantee that we had seats together. We had A boarding numbers for second flight; so I didn't bother upgrading then.

Getting ready to purchase flights for April and June to MCO from PVD on the next release. Just wondering if there has been much movement in flight changes? SW flight schedules this past spring/summer shifted so much that we ended up with flight times that weren't the best and had to add a day on our April vacation.

Getting ready to purchase flights for April and June to MCO from PVD on the next release. Just wondering if there has been much movement in flight changes? SW flight schedules this past spring/summer shifted so much that we ended up with flight times that weren't the best and had to add a day on our April vacation.
I don't want to jinx anything but there's been no significant changes to my December flights to/from PVD to MCO since I booked them on the release date. Only one five minute move to my return flight...fingers crossed it stays that way! Our April and May trips got really messed up due to SW changing flight schedules about one month out. We lost a day on our May trip and had to do a connecting flight.

I don't want to jinx anything but there's been no significant changes to my December flights to/from PVD to MCO since I booked them on the release date. Only one five minute move to my return flight...fingers crossed it stays that way! Our April and May trips got really messed up due to SW changing flight schedules about one month out. We lost a day on our May trip and had to do a connecting flight.
We love the nonstops and those were the ones that they got rid of when they consolidated flights in the spring/summer. Currently eyeing a nonstop home at 5:10pm which I’m hoping they will have for the next release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter