• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I need a pro to check me on this - If I purchase a Wanna Get Away Plus ticket (which is $9 more than the Wanna Get Away ticket), I could be able to switch to any other flight that day for free? I'm reading something about "taxes and fees" being additional, but if I already paid the taxes from my original flight, I shouldn't have to pay them again, correct?

Right now I'm booking a late night flight which isn't ideal, but for the minimal cost, I'm willing to take the chance that I might be able to get on a more expensive earlier flight.
That's correct, anytime after midnight departure city time you can change to any other flight that day that has open seats. You will lose your boarding position and end up somewhere in the C's.

That's correct, anytime after midnight departure city time you can change to any other flight that day that has open seats. You will lose your boarding position and end up somewhere in the C's.

Perfect! There is a great mid-day nonstop flight that I'd love to get on, but right now it is the most expensive one and over double the cost of the one that we're currently on.

And thanks for the head's up on the boarding position. My friend and I are both grown adults and more than willing to be separated if necessary.

Hi, do you have to be at the airport to do this? Or can this be done online? TIA

The disclaimer said ineligible for FL, RI, NY and AK so my assumption is how the laws or newer laws in those particular states prohibit something related to the giveaways/sweepstakes or related to obligations SWA must do in order to have potential winners residing in those states that might have made it more trouble than they felt it was worth to allow eligibility in those several states.

I got the SWA priority card 2 weeks ago, and met the $3k spend a few days later. I see the 60k RR points pending in my account and will be credited with my first billing statement. This allows me to earn CP. Will my CP status also be ready to use when my first statement posts? I have a flight at the end of August and I want to cancel/refund DH’s reservation and add him as my companion.

I got the SWA priority card 2 weeks ago, and met the $3k spend a few days later. I see the 60k RR points pending in my account and will be credited with my first billing statement. This allows me to earn CP. Will my CP status also be ready to use when my first statement posts? I have a flight at the end of August and I want to cancel/refund DH’s reservation and add him as my companion.

When we’ve earned the CP, it showed I earned it the next day after the points hit my RR account.

looks like starting 7-1 taxes will not go back on your credit card any longer. I spoke with a rep tonight and this applies to reservations made after 7-1 only.

Starting July 1, 2023 (12:00 a.m. CT), for Wanna Get Away® or Wanna Get Away Plus™ reward travel reservations (booked with points): If you do not cancel your reservation at least 10 minutes before the flight’s original scheduled departure time, any points used for booking will be forfeited, along with any taxes and fees associated with your reward travel reservation. For Anytime or Business Select® reward travel reservations: the points used for booking will be redeposited to the purchaser's Rapid Rewards® account, and any taxes and fees associated with the reward travel reservation will be converted into a Transferable Flight Credit™ for future use.

Last edited:
looks like starting 7-1 taxes will not go back on your credit card any longer. I spoke with a rep tonight and this applies to reservations made after 7-1 only.

Starting July 1, 2023 (12:00 a.m. CT), for Wanna Get Away® or Wanna Get Away Plus™ reward travel reservations (booked with points): If you do not cancel your reservation at least 10 minutes before the flight’s original scheduled departure time, any points used for booking will be forfeited, along with any taxes and fees associated with your reward travel reservation. For Anytime or Business Select® reward travel reservations: the points used for booking will be redeposited to the purchaser's Rapid Rewards® account, and any taxes and fees associated with the reward travel reservation will be converted into a Transferable Flight Credit™ for future use.
This is only for bookings where it's not manually cancelled 10 minutes before the flight was originally scheduled to take off?

This is only for bookings where it's not manually cancelled 10 minutes before the flight was originally scheduled to take off?
if you book wanna get away or wanna get away plus and cancel at any time before the 10 minute mark, you will receive a flight credit to use on taxes for future travel. You will not be able to choose return to credit card when canceling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter