Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

On another note, I booked Monday night at decent point amounts, and have already modified a couple of times for lower points since then. 4 of us flying from one airport and 2 from another, both departing flights have reduced 1 or 2 times. Keep checking those Cyber Monday sales!

Currently I have the 4 of us arriving from OMA 10 minutes before DD22 & BF from STL which is pretty good. I just wish the morning nonstop from St. Louis would come available. Then I'd change DD22 & BF to that one, and try to change us to joining them in STL so we'd arrive together, and there would be one less connection to worry about. It's the only flight on those days that's unavailable on WGA. But it's a nonstop at a perfect time of day, so I doubt enough people will cancel for us...

Question- noticed one of the flights I have booked has dropped in price with the CYBER30 code. Am I correct that because this uses a discount code I can't change my flight but have to cancel and rebook?
Generally, yes, if you are using a sale code you have to cancel and rebook.

The code didn't work for my flight on President's Day, Feb 19, but I checked today and my flight had dropped from $124 to $88, so I could modify for a credit.

I need a SW pro to double-check me on something --

My friend and I are scheduled to go to Orlando on Thursday (yeah!). Back when we booked our tickets, we chose the cheapest flight of the day, but bought the Wanna Get Away Plus level because it was only a few more dollars (I think $10 - the tickets were stupid cheap), thinking that we might be able to use the same day change feature.

So now I'm trying to figure out how that works. There is a non-stop flight at noon that would be ideal. Do we have to wait until midnight to try to change? Also, my friend and I booked our tickets separate, but we obviously want to travel together. Is there a way to change of our flights at the same time (maybe if we called)?

Are there any other potential "glitches" that I should be aware of when doing the same day change?

I got my brother a ticket that had to change planes. He lives in central time. If I try and check him in at T-24 it’s from his time right? And if he gets a bad boarding position and I try to upgrade his spot do I have to do it for each leg or will it carry over as I booked it as one flight?

The time goes by his departure time. The upgraded boarding only works for the leg. If there is a layover, you would need to upgrade each leg on it’s own. You can do just one leg or both, but they are separate costs.

I think you wanted to know with Wanna Getaway Plus when do you call. If I misunderstood, sorry. We did use it last year on a non stop flight. Called at 12:20 am and was able to switch to a different flight on the same day.

I need a SW pro to double-check me on something --

My friend and I are scheduled to go to Orlando on Thursday (yeah!). Back when we booked our tickets, we chose the cheapest flight of the day, but bought the Wanna Get Away Plus level because it was only a few more dollars (I think $10 - the tickets were stupid cheap), thinking that we might be able to use the same day change feature.

So now I'm trying to figure out how that works. There is a non-stop flight at noon that would be ideal. Do we have to wait until midnight to try to change? Also, my friend and I booked our tickets separate, but we obviously want to travel together. Is there a way to change of our flights at the same time (maybe if we called)?

Are there any other potential "glitches" that I should be aware of when doing the same day change?
Any time after midnight that day in the time zone of your departure airport, you can change to any flight that day that has seats for sale. It can be done online or over the phone. Each person is going to need to change their own flight, it can be done on one call, but you would have to be together at midnight to make the call. The big thing is going to be boarding position. Since you can't change until midnight, obviously you are going to be way down the boarding list.

I think you wanted to know with Wanna Getaway Plus when do you call. If I misunderstood, sorry. We did use it last year on a non stop flight. Called at 12:20 am and was able to switch to a different flight on the same day.

Any time after midnight that day in the time zone of your departure airport, you can change to any flight that day that has seats for sale. It can be done online or over the phone. Each person is going to need to change their own flight, it can be done on one call, but you would have to be together at midnight to make the call. The big thing is going to be boarding position. Since you can't change until midnight, obviously you are going to be way down the boarding list.

Thanks for the information!

I actually wound up calling Southwest to double-check things. The person that I talked to confirmed that I could call with both of our confirmation numbers (I will likely be awake, my friend not so much) and try to change both at the same time. I'm not thrilled about the issue with the boarding group, but it is what it is. We are two adults going to Florida, we can cope for a few hours.

As of right now, there are 5 seats on the earlier flight (this is the ideal flight since it would give us some park time) and 16 seats on the later flight. Wish me luck!

I have a LUV voucher from when my husband and I went on a trip last April. My daughter is going on a trip coming up. Can I use these funds for her trip?

I have a LUV voucher from when my husband and I went on a trip last April. My daughter is going on a trip coming up. Can I use these funds for her trip?

Yes, you should be able to the LUV Voucher as a form of payment on her flight. LUV Vouchers aren't associated with a person but do have an expiration date.

Yes, you should be able to the LUV Voucher as a form of payment on her flight. LUV Vouchers aren't associated with a person but do have an expiration date.

If it is a voucher (and not a flight credit) then yes, you should be able to.
It says it is a LUV Voucher but when I tried to use it it is not adding the funds. I went to the section to apply Flight Credits, LUV Vouchers and gift cards, then went to the tab "Southwest LUV Voucher" and entered the info. Should I call and book the flight?

It says it is a LUV Voucher but when I tried to use it it is not adding the funds. I went to the section to apply Flight Credits, LUV Vouchers and gift cards, then went to the tab "Southwest LUV Voucher" and entered the info. Should I call and book the flight?
If it's not letting you do it online then that's probably your best option (or try to do chat through the app, I've had luck there but I've never specifically used a voucher).

I did talk to someone on the chat. I was not able to use points with the voucher. I ended up giving the voucher to my sister (she is taking my daughter on the trip) since she was paying out of pocket. If I used it I would have had to pay $50 instead I just used my points and only paid the taxes.

I did talk to someone on the chat. I was not able to use points with the voucher. I ended up giving the voucher to my sister (she is taking my daughter on the trip) since she was paying out of pocket. If I used it I would have had to pay $50 instead I just used my points and only paid the taxes.
Oooh yeah, that makes sense. Didn't realize you were trying to use points with the voucher. Glad it will still get to be used!

Follow up question- if my brothers flight home has a plane change how do they determine the boarding group for the second leg? It was booked from RDU-MSP but he needs to change planes in MDW. Thanks!!

Follow up question- if my brothers flight home has a plane change how do they determine the boarding group for the second leg? It was booked from RDU-MSP but he needs to change planes in MDW. Thanks!!
He will be assigned boarding positions for both flights at the same time. So when he checks in for the first flight it will give him the boarding position for the second also.

He will be assigned boarding positions for both flights at the same time. So when he checks in for the first flight it will give him the boarding position for the second also.
This. If you have early bird, it will apply to both, but if you do the upgraded boarding, you must do it for each leg you want to upgrade.

This. If you have early bird, it will apply to both, but if you do the upgraded boarding, you must do it for each leg you want to upgrade.

And it's available at 24 hours out from each departure. Meaning you'd be able to do it for your first leg at 24 hours from the flight, then wait until 24 hours from the second flight to upgrade on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter