Post your best organizational, space saving and trip making secrets here!!

I put all our ADRs on those business cards you can print on your own computer and then laminate them. I make several copies and always have one in my pocket or bag. Also, while doing these I make cards with my name, email address, and cel phone # on one side and then our itinerary on the reverse side (Arrival date, where we are staying, phone number of resort, and departure date, etc.). I do several with my name and some with my DM's name. These we put in each piece of luggage, camera bags, purses, etc.

I also use my label maker and have put my phone number on all my cameras, etc. After losing (leaving) a digital camera in our rental van a few years back, I'm hoping if it ever happens again, the person who finds it will call.

I also do some cards with my info on one side and my DD7's name on the other with something like this on it. "My name is "_______" Please call my mommy at 951/________. She is very worried!" I put one of these in her pocket (or even in her shoe) so if she gets separated from me she can give the card to a CM and have them call me. She's at the point where she knows my cel phone number but I worry that she may (if upset) forget the prefix. I haven't lost her at WDW, but after losing sight of her for about 5 (of the longest) minutes at Sea World a few years back, I just want to be sure she can call me if lost.

bebelle said:
We bring disposable styrofoam cups w/lids. We transfer the contents of our refillable mugs to the styrofoam cups and take them to the parks. We can enjoy our coffee and when we are finished we pitch the cups. It is much nicer than carrying our refillable mugs with us all day.

I like the idea about the styrofoam cups. I haven't brought any from home yet, but what I have done is when we go to Sam's club (and we usually go at least once a trip) I keep the styrofoam cup and use it for the rest of the trip. (Grabbing a couple of extra lids would be a good idea too!) I too hate to carry the cups around. We usually just leave them in the car.

This has probably been mentioned (I didn't read through all of the responses) :)

I use what info I need from Tourguide Mike and then I apply it to our own itenerary for the day. I put each ride, stop or ressie on an individual index card (I like to use the neon colored ones) and then group them together according to the park we're going to and in what order it's best to see everything using a ring clip (like the kind for keys or from a three ring binder). It works like a charm every time, I just flip through to find the info that I need.

Thank you so much for this post! I am printing the ideas and tips as I type!

My recommendation is for toddlers and kids who still use a sippy cup. I'm not a germ-a-phobe, but I really wanted to keep my DS's cup clean. I found at Target that Palmolive made individual towels with the detergent built right in. When we would get back to our room from the parks I would set about cleaning out DS's cup AND our cups from the resort. It was wonderful knowing they would be clean for use the next day!

Thanks again for all the tips and advice!

You can always purchase the disposable sippy cups. They're very reasonably priced and that way if the milk gets gross, you just toss the cup:woohoo:

I dont know if its been mentioned yet,but when traveling with infants and toddlers we found an inflatable ball works wonders for a hotel room. It is flat in the suitcase and then when you get to the room just blow it up and you have another fun filled event for the kids to take part in,lol

These tips are great...I've been sitting here all morning taking notes!! We are leaving in 49 days for POR and I am soaking up any information I can get!

About the leashes...lose your little one only once and you'll never look funny at parents who use them again! I have a 9 year old DS who was a "runner" and the leash was invaluable! Let them look!

I am an avid scrapbooker and plan to make my 6 year old DS his own autograph book. I want to be able to save the autographs with the photos in our trip scrapbook, so I am making 4x6 card stock sheets attached with a large binder ring. Then he can collect autographs while at the parks and I can take it apart at home and put the autograph with the corresponding photo in the album. I feel like it's a better way for us to make it a lasting keepsake than to try to keep track of an autograph book.

Keep the tips coming...my pen is ready!:cool1:

I haven't read through the posts..but here is one of mine. :) Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

I use gallon ziplocs for our bathroom supplies. One bag for the shampoo, soap, etc and one for the hairbrush, perfume, deodorant. I pack extras just in case for whatever may be needed during the trip. We take one with us on the first day of MK so when we buy a big lollypop we can store it. I break it up and then we snack on it all week. :cool1:

I also pack a box a sandwich sized ziploc bags. They work great for the parks with cell phones, and the bigger ones for the camera when we are on water rides.

Ditto, We are going in October and now I wonder if I am behind in getting ready! Aaaaack.

Fantastic ideas!

My personal favorite is the Unofficial Guide with Kids to get survival /organizational tips and Passporter to keep it all in one place.

I love the idea of the magnetic board for other members of our party to keep us in touch and for DIS'ers to say HELLO :cool1:

Matching shirt colors each day to keep track of the boys and an am picture for ID purposes.

Clothes in ziplocs- but no pj's for my guys,they refuse to wear them :rolleyes1

I am getting so excited and our trip is 3 months away!!!!!

Has anyone tried one of those bags that are like zip locks but they pull all the air out and make it flatter then a ziplock would?

I saw them at walmart and thought they looked like that would be great.

Has anyone tried one of those bags that are like zip locks but they pull all the air out and make it flatter then a ziplock would?

I saw them at walmart and thought they looked like that would be great.

I tried them and they STUNK! They don't hald as much as they say and they don't fletten as well as they say. I wouldn't waste mu money on them.

Just my opinion though :)

This is an awesome post. I love all the ideas. Many of them I already use. Others will definitely be added to the must do list.

I just wanted to say thanks for bumping this up, I have a list of great ideas I compiled from this thread from months ago - and managed to locate most everything for our trip this week! I'll let you all know how it goes - what worked and what didn't, that is.

My #1 can't live without item is wipes. I carry Wet Ones Antibacterial travel size wipes - I use these for hands, tables, high chairs, etc. Can't live without them, I packed a package for each day of our trip.

As for locating some of the travel items:

Mighty All - 2 loads of laundry per each tiny bottles - Walmart
Dish soap - never did find travel size anywhere (?!?)
Glow Sticks - tubes of about 20 for $1 each at Michaels
Garbage bags - 12 to a tiny package in the travel section at Target (dirty diapers is why I want them, I hate leaving public restrooms stinky.)
Laundry hamper - Bed Bath and Beyond had some on clearance for $2!

In park blister kit: I piece moleskin cut into a variety of sizes, 4 blister bandaids in 2 different sizes, 2 regular bandaids, alcohol wipes. Packed in a snack size baggie - very tiny and better than walking all the way to first aid with a blister!

Pre-purchased souveniers - already mentioned the glow sticks. I also bought plush Disney characters 2/$10 at Walgreens. I have picked up quite a few small Disney toys at the dollar store.

Again, thanks for bumping the thread, I'll post back in a couple weeks.

subscribing,and better than packing to fix blisters,we avoidthem by wearing only crocs for touring....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter