Potentially unpopular opinion regarding point rentals

For those renting out, how long do you think it will be before the rental price goes up to $19 a point to match what Disney charges for OTU points?

A few owners are already getting $19-$20/points, but for hard to get reservations.

For those renting out, how long do you think it will be before the rental price goes up to $19 a point to match what Disney charges for OTU points?

Some owners have already been doing that for smaller resorts like VGF and VGC. I'd think PVB could have gotten that and maybe BCV.

Some owners have already been doing that for smaller resorts like VGF and VGC. I'd think PVB could have gotten that and maybe BCV.
Impressive. Wonder if any AKV owners book the CL rooms to purposely rent out for a premium?

I’m already renting out at @$20 but am also just renting out the more hard to get reservations. With the new OTU pricing I might consider raising the price.

Just my two cents, but not sure what your home resort is, but there are people out there willing to trade, so if at 11 months you can get them. Its not saying everybody is renting them out. There is the option to trade.

I feel like some of the people against renting do not even understand how renting works.

We have completed two trips with rented points and have a third planned for next year. Each time we told the agency what location and dates we wanted. First they checked resort availability. If available they would then try to find an owner at that resort who wanted to rent out their points. Once an owner was found they would make the reservation. We would be told to say we are a guest of owner name but all our names were on the reservation from the beginning. There was no need to change anything later. There would be no way to distinguish us from someone the owner knows just using the owner’s points.

It can also take awhile to find an owner to match up with a renter’s request. I think it took about 2-3 months for our Spring Break BCV request to find an owner. We did get in before 7 months but it was not an automatic thing. Our request was put in before the 11 month window opened.

I don’t think there are huge numbers of people making reservations then hunting for people to rent them to.

Renting did allow us to try DVC a bit before buying. My parents are now in the process of closing on resale. I am not sure if they would have bought if we could not have rented first to try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter