Pre-Trip Plans! Here we go....

mandi224

Earning My Ears
I never thought of making a Pre-Trip plan. I LOVE to plan, but at the same time I am a just go with it person (being a military wife kind of does that to you)

Having said that, after reading all the pre-trip plans...I thought why not...So here we go

We are planning on being at WDW Feb 8-11.

The Who:

Me=30 stay at home mom, and student
DH=31 AD Navy
DS=5 pre-k loves everything boy-ish
DD= 3 our own little princess

We went to WDW this past December for 2 days. It is all we could work in. It was DH, DD, and DS first time to the world. DD & DS LOVED it. DH not so much. He loved watching the kids, but hates crouds, being hot (even thought it was DEc and not too bad), and not a big fan of a bunch of kids running around.

When Disney came out with the new Military Salute, I knew I had to convince him to go again. He very easily agreed. IT would be what make DD, DS, and me happy. :love:

Trying to make his stay the best, I decided on Feb....less crouds, less heat.

The When & Where

Feb 8-11
I went back and forth a lot about where to stay. We stayed at POR in Dec. We both really liked it. DH liked how quite it was all the time. I originally decided to stay there again, but I am trying to save $$. I changed to All Star Movies. I wanted to stay there in Dec, but it was all booked. I asked for a quiet room. The $$ difference is not that great, but a little saved is better than none.
We have 4 day one park per day tickets. I was going to get Park Hoppers, but once again saving $$ (plus last time we never even thought about using Park hopping option.)

Day 1: Feb 8
Travel/Arrival Day
We live in FL so it is not a long drive. I plan on waking early and getting to WDW no later than 10.
I want to drive to All Star Movies to check in mainly for the parking pass. DH always wants to drive. We never took the bus last time...we won't this time either.
After check in drive to HS!
We dont have as much to do at this park in compairison to the others.
Must do:
Lights, Motors, Action! (We did not do this last time...little did I know it is the only thing DH wanted to do...:eek:
Toy Story Mania (also was skipped last time)

See:
Playhouse Disney Live
Muppet Vision
Studio Back Lot Tour (if time)

Leave HS for Grand Floridian:
ADR at 6 for 1900 PArk Fare

(This is if we keep the dining plan...I need advice here...going along with the saving $$ thing. I am not sure if $350 is reasonable for eating. That is about 3 weeks worth of groceries for us! :scared1:
So I am asking is Dining plan worth it? Without it we won't do the character dining. My kids have never done Character dining so they would not know it is missing, but DD loves princesses and I figure this is the best way for her to see them.

Will cont. with day 2 later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter