Pre-trip report all our plans inside - leaving on Saturday... Girls Trip. WOO HOO

MimitoAlex

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone ... I'm back.

I just finally finished my trip report from May.

I thought that I would do a quick pre-trip and give you guys the details of our plans for our girls trip.

This trip is my DD and myself. Of course we are going to the parks, as well into Tokyo.

So we are flying Delta, which is our prefer airline, and we are staying where DH and I stayed in May. I liked the fact I knew the lay out of the hotels, as well as the surrounding areas. Location Location is always important. Both hotels are really beautiful, and service and breakfast was amazing so a win win..

Hilton Tokyo Bay, 3 nights I went with the pay 1 night upfront deal, which saved about 75.00 a night.
Room Choice Executive Select Park with breakfast - with 2 beds... now not sure if the beds are like doubles or more queen size.

Cerulean Tower Shibuya - 3 nights - booked through Expedia - which the deal on there was better than booking direct. Executive Twin non smoking with breakfast. Again not sure on the actual bed size.. I will address this when I do my trip report.

I booked with Klook - Disney Park tickets, Team Lab Planets, as well as arrival car service.
*** Sidebar *** I had booked with Get your Guide, and Wednesday of last week I received an email, saying my luggage would not fit in the car (110.00) I booked, and I must book a bigger car a van, which was a pretty big price jump( 175.00), so I did shop around. Klook won out. I booked a small van that could hold the luggage and price wise it was less than the original car I booked, (85.00).. Everything showed up on the app immediately. I will say to print the paper copies just in case. Why you wonder... Well we left Disneyland to go have dinner, and when returning to Disneyland after dinner, for whatever reason the scanners would not scan the tickets, so I pulled out the paper copies and than they checked the hand stamp and that did the trick.

I booked Toshi-san again, through Tours by Locals - we are doing a half day in the afternoon. With Pick up and drop off at the hotel. We are going to the Meiji Shrine at Yoyogi Park, Shinjuku Gyoen Gardens, going to check out Shinjuku, must go see our man Godzilla!!, Harajuku? this is a maybe depending on time, a stop at Big Camera, Dinner and shopping... and most likely some tasty snacks along the way.

DD and I will spend one day at the Senjo ji Temple and the shopping street then head to Ueno Park - to the Zoo we gotta see the pandas and the museums.

I have been watching the weather, and have my raincoat and umbrella laid out already. As far as other packing, I pretty much think I know what I'm taking. I have to still shave down a bit more on what I have gathered up. LOL... I have my must haves in the luggage already so they don't get forgotten. travel fans, heating pad, cords, extension cords. I pulled out my travel gear boxes, to get things like eye mask, and ear buds, passport cases, travel blankets and more. I have to put together my restroom survival kit. I hear you guys laughing, but traveling has taught me many things, and one is to be prepared. So in this kit, I have hand soap (I have super sensitive skin as well as allergies to certain types of soaps) , paper towels, seat covers, TP, and some kinda of cleaning wipes. I know they are suppose to have all this in the restrooms... ummm nope. This kit has saved us many many times. Now its not rolls TP or paper towels, just enough to make sure we can get from point A, B and C without any problems. Plus plane restroom on international flights get soooo gross, so I like to be prepared.

I am so excited, DD is to this is her first big international trip, she has been all over the Caribbean.

I would like any suggestions that you might have for Shinkjuku and Harajuku -place to eat or check out.

So how do our plans look?

Thanks for checking this out. I will write a trip report once we get back.

Arigatou Gozaimasu 🙇‍♀️

I haven't stayed in that exact room type but the beds at the Hilton are more like doubles and a little firmer than those at your average Hilton in the US.

For Harajuku, I think of buying crepes on the street and cute themed cafes like the Snoopy Cafe and owl cafe. It may be a good idea to make reservations if there's a themed cafe you're particularly interested in. I'm not exactly the demographic for the clothing shops there but some people like shopping there. From Harajuku, you can also easily walk to the large Disney store in Shibuya.

In Shinjuku, a lot of people also like going up the metropolitan building for a free place to get a view of the city but I have not personally gone up yet.

themed cafes can be very hit or miss, so keep that in mind. The Square Enix Cafe is bad, however the Square Artina cafe is actually pretty nice. I've heard the pokemon cafe is not that good as well.

themed cafes can be very hit or miss, so keep that in mind. The Square Enix Cafe is bad, however the Square Artina cafe is actually pretty nice. I've heard the pokemon cafe is not that good as well.

Interesting that you heard that the Pokemon cafe is not that good. The food is decent and Pikachu comes out for a few minutes to dance around which is fun. I think it's good although if you're interested in Pokemon, then maybe it'll feel overpriced. Or maybe it's just the annoyance of getting a reservation which can be challenging at the one in Tokyo compared to the one in Osaka.

The Kirby Cafe in Skytree Town is not that good though.

I haven't stayed in that exact room type but the beds at the Hilton are more like doubles and a little firmer than those at your average Hilton in the US.

For Harajuku, I think of buying crepes on the street and cute themed cafes like the Snoopy Cafe and owl cafe. It may be a good idea to make reservations if there's a themed cafe you're particularly interested in. I'm not exactly the demographic for the clothing shops there but some people like shopping there. From Harajuku, you can also easily walk to the large Disney store in Shibuya.

In Shinjuku, a lot of people also like going up the metropolitan building for a free place to get a view of the city but I have not personally gone up yet.
Thanks for the info, DD did mention maybe checking a themed cafe out, so not sure if she decided on one or not.

We are staying in Shibuya, so we plan on checking out the Disney Store, DH and I did when we were there in May, it was so hot in the store we did not go up on the other levels. Maybe this trip I will be able to check it out.

We have the Metropolitan Building on the list, so hopefully we will get to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter