Pre-trippie for our Fab Feb Family Holiday

angel girl

It's a small world after all...
Hildasmuriel has inspired me to get writing my pre-trippie, so here goes...

We are off to the magic of Disney in just 8 days. the girls and I are hugely excited and have been counting down the days for some time now :rotfl: We get the Eurotunnel at 8.44am on Weds and catch a very late train home on Saturday at 11.30pm (planned to get the maximum time possible in the park on Saturday!!)

The day before we go myself and the girls will pack and then settle down, with plenty of popcorn, to watch Lilo and Stitch-we have never seen it, but we loved the Stitch Live! show so much I bought it when we got home. Will put us in the mood for watching the show again when we are over there :)

Although it's only a few weeks since we were last there, we can't wait to get back, and have already earmarked a few things that we want to do that we haven't managed before (studio tram tour, Snow White ride, magic carpets etc), as well as a long list of our old favourites.

We have a couple of firsts on this trip-first time staying onsite, at the Cheyenne, and first time we will use half-board vouchers (thanks to you all for your advice about them :thumbsup2 ). I had planned to book us into the Santa Fe, but the Cheyenne worked out a fair bit cheaper, and having seen all the good reviews on here for it, I am very pleased it worked out that way :goodvibes

Had planned our meals as follows:-

Weds-Annettes
Thurs-Plaza Gardens
Fri-Chuck Wagon
Sat-no voucher, so see what takes our fancy!

but after seeing a recent thread the Plaza Gardens may not be open, so we may eat in the Silver Spur at lunchtime instead. All of this will be a big change for us as we normally just head into a counter restaurant, DH is looking forward to a better standard of food this time :)

We also hope to make use of EMH (I will be booking alarm calls from Goofy :yay: ) and hopefully Good Morning Fantasyland breakfasts.

We will be looking out for you other DISers who are there at the same time, be great if we can spot any of you to say hello to.

The other fun thing about this trip is that we are bringing some of the family along too. As well as me-Diane, DH-Baz, DD1-Alicia and DD2-Louise, my mum, dad, sis-Clare, bro-in-law-Dave, nephew-Jack and niece-Lucy are coming. It's their first time, so we are looking forward to showing them around and sharing the Disney magic with them! The kids are all of a similar age and very close, and they all adore their grandparents, so will be lovely to spend time together :goodvibes

We have been planning to go together for some time, the last couple of times we have been we have spent a lot of the time saying 'Jack will love this!' or 'can't wait to show Lucy that!' Now that it's nearly time, my DDs are in Mother Hen overdrive, telling their cousins all about it and how they will show them what to do :laughing:

We still have all our warm clothes from our January trip, as long as it stays dry I can cope, especially as the cold gives me an excuse to have lots of yummy hot chocolates!! :coffee:

This could be our last trip for a while, although DDs are working on DH to try to get a couple of days over there in July too as we are planning our 2 week holiday in August over in France again ;) Bless him, he's not quite so enamoured of the place as we are, but he likes to see us happy so we may get lucky yet :lmao:

Just can't wait now-I think this is the most excited I have been about going despite it being the 3rd time!! :yay:

I would love to go as part of a big group like you are - sounds great! Have a lovely time.:goodvibes

That really does sound lovely to have a big family holiday. I'm ever so slightly envious. :cutie:

Never seen Lilo and Stitch? :scared1: I really hope you love it as much as we do - it's a bit of a tear-jerker at times, but it's also fun.:love:

Hope you have fun counting down the rest of the days. BTW - if you do end up in the Silver Spur.......yum yum - v.nice food.

Have a great time. You will love the Cheyenne. I love stepping outside and thinking im in the Wild West!

Enjoy Lilo and Stitch, love that film..so much i brought the other 3 films that go with it lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter