• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Predict your dining rotation?

pouncingpluto

DIS Veteran
I'd like to know how accurate the "typical" dining rotation rules are. Here's what the Magical guide says:

The restaurant rotation seems to be based on the makeup of your party:

Have a lot of little ones...count on Animator's, Parrot Cay then Lumiere's.
Have say 7-10 year olds...count on Parrot Cay, Lumiere's and then Animator's
Have older teens, senior citizens, honeymooners, or just adults...count on Lumiere's, Animator's and then Parrot Cay.

Those of you have cruised before, how has this worked out for you? Did your dining rotations fit neatly into these categories?

Yes, that's how it worked out for our group (mostly adults/teens, had LAP rotation).

We were all adults and older teens...we received Lap, even after requesting APL...

MJ

How does the "predicted" rotation work for the 4-day cruise? We'll be two adults, plus two children, ages 10 & 12. What rotation should we expect?

How does the "predicted" rotation work for the 4-day cruise? We'll be two adults, plus two children, ages 10 & 12. What rotation should we expect?

We've had LAP on every cruise (2 adults, no children), but have met other all-adult parties who had different rotations on most of the cruises we've been on.

Those guidelines are just likelihoods. Since the demographics on each cruise can vary, I'd say it's about a 60% chance that you'll follow the "trend."

We had PLA by request - 9 adults, 7 kiddos 1-15. :cool:

We had LAP with 2 adults, a 10 yo, a 14 yo, and a 17 yo.

Wow...so far it looks pretty accurate!

We didn't fit it thought...on the Wonder we had PTA with 2 preschoolers. No request just what we got.

two years ago, family of 4, with a 10 and 8 year old - we had LAP and it was great! And our table mates had a 6 and 4 year old, the family seated beside us had a 3 and 1 year old.....

We are back for cruise #2 in April, we will see what we get!

We didn't fit either. I was expecting that we would have PLA , but we had APL with 2 adults and a 9 year old. Worked out great.

in Sept 2001 we had PLA rotation, in Sept 2002 we had LAP rotation.
Giny

maybe I missed something- what difference does it make which rotation you are on. for what it is worth- based on the predictiion, i should be on pla in August. it will be interesting to see

4 Adults Only 5/23/02 Wonder: LAP
5 Adults/11yr old/7 yr old/5 yr old 12/5/02 Wonder: PLA

Exactly as predicted.

We had APL on our August Western cruise late seating, and there were hardly any little ones.

Some people like certain rotations, like me, because I like to be in Lumiere's on Formal night and Parrot Cay on Tropical nights. That's just my preference....so that is why I like the APL on the Western Itinerary.

It really does not matter what rotation you get...its all personal preference.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter