• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pregnancy & Disney

Lynn2205

Mouseketeer
I know i might sound really really thick but this has been bugging me for weeks.

Hubby and I are planning on having children in the very near future, as in this year. we go to WDW in late October. By then i could be around 6 -7 months, if i'm lucky. i was wondering what rides i could go on as i know many advise pregnant women not to ride because its bumpy etc. also we're going for Halloween week which is also half term. i'm worried about the crowds and bumping into me should i be blessed.

We're hoping to go to food and wine a lot and i was wondering if they items at the booths are pregnancy friendly? it is worth cancelling trip if i catch on or am i worrying over nothing?

It will just be a different trip. If you are 6-7 months pregnant, you will start going slower and you may need more breaks. You can google pregnancy restricted rides at DW. As for the food- you will need to do your research. You cannot have soft cheeses or uncooked lunch meat so you just have to do some prep work first.

I was invited to go down in January and at that point I was 20 weeks pregnant. When I was invited I knew I was pregnant, so I choose not to go. They were personal reasons, not because I wasn't able to, but because I wouldn't be able to ride the rides that I love, I would be doing a lot of waiting for the rest of my group, and I wanted to save my money for baby stuff that is needed. I also knew at that point that I would be planning a trip for October to take the baby for the first time, but mostly for me (because mama needs a vacation too)!

For the ride information you can go here to see what rides you are NOT ALLOWED to go on. It is what I consider all the "good rides". The only one it is missing is Mine Train that is also a no go.

As for the food, you will most likely be able to enjoy most of the food at F&W. You can't have the sushi, but I can't remember them serving any cold cuts or unpasteurized cheeses, but I could be wrong. You will have to do you research, but honestly you should be fine with 90% of the food that they serve at the booths. When you are doing your research on this don't go crazy. There are some sites out there that basically say you should be living in a plastic bubble during your pregnancy.

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant. As a rule you do get tired more quickly now then you would in the second trimester. Personally I have a lot of issues sleeping (waking up at 2 and not being able to get back to sleep), bending over (since there is something in the way), and back pain again because you are growing more and more. If I were to go to Disney right now it would be a lot of short days in the parks with lots of breaks.

With all of that being said don't stress over it right now. If you are currently not pregnant then keeping going on with your plans. There is no reason to stress out about a "what if". When you do get pregnant see how you are doing and talk to your Doctor about the trip and your concerns. They will be able to give you the best information taking in your health and the progress of your pregnancy.

Good luck with everything!

I know that plenty of people do Disney pregnant, but I hated it. I was 20 weeks back in August. Even though we go annually, I really felt like I was missing out. I remember sitting on the bench where people exit the ToT waiting for DH and kids and I was just crying....darn hormones don't help. :)

I can't wait to go next month, when I can hand the baby over to DH and ride to my hearts content. :)

If I were you I would continue with your plans as is. Once you know for sure that you are going to be pregnant for your trip, you can address it at that time.

It sounds like there are websites you can check to see which rides have pregnancy restrictions. You will also have to consider how you are feeling and how the pregnancy is going to decide whether or not you are "up" for Disney. Everybody and every pregnancy is different. Sometimes people have good pregnancies and never get too many symptoms and other times people have a hard time throughout. Hopefully you have it really easy!

As for food, I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to find plenty to eat! I'm currently pregnant with my 3rd child ... with my first I was borderline neurotic about everything I did and everything I ate (I would have put myself in a bubble if I could have). But now that I'm on my 3rd I definitely don't drive myself crazy about that stuff anymore :-)

I hit the World at 7 months pregnant. I skipped all the roller coaster/thrill rides, but I rode everything else. I was VERY tired. I think as long as you pace yourself you should be fine.

As far as the booths at food and wine, well, skip the wine. ;) I mean, I avoided soft cheeses and sushi while pregnant, but I did eat lunch meat and didn't restrict myself in any other way. Honestly, I think if your husband got a glass of wine and you had a sip it would be just fine (but, admittedly, I don't drink at all during pregnancy).

Honestly, pregnancy isn't really a delicate condition and being bumped really shouldn't be any sort of an issue. I mean, your hormones go crazy and you might want to kill someone for doing it ;) but from a health perspective you should be fine. It shouldn't be hot, but you should make sure to drink a lot so stay hydrated and rest

Thanks for the advice. We've been to WDW a lot so if i dont ride something, its not the end of the world, it's just nice to be in the Disney magic. we had already planned to take on Disney slowly and just relax.You all have eased my worries, so thank you. At least now i can look forward to my October trip without too much stress

I have been twice while pregnant...both times around the 7-8 month mark. First keep in mind that some OBs will recommend you not travel far from home after 3rd trimester in case you go into early labor. The nurse at my doc told me I couldn't the 2nd time, but OB pulled rank on her (and is a Disney nut herself!) and said go and have a blast!

Just go into it knowing it is a different style trip. We are a rope drop, stash fps (in the good old days), nap midday, utilize fps at night kind of family. We had to slow it waaaaaaayyyyy down. Especially the last time- 36 and pregnant is a lot easier than 38 and pregnant (for the 4th time!)

We still had a blast....and I spent more time with my youngest daughter doing Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, etc. will DH did the big rides (I did miss Test Track though!)

I did 5 days at Disney 32 weeks pregnant and with a 2 year old. I could go on everything he could ride. I did skip Dumbo and Astros and Carpets because I got motion sickness very easily, but that was just my pregnancy in general. It wasn't too bad though, honestly. I kept drinking water and would go into air conditioned shows/rides to put my feet up every once in a while. My hips hurt and my feet swelled up one day, so we took a mid-day break and swam and it helped so much! It's definitely doable and very much enjoyable! You just have to go in knowing you aren't Super Woman!!

I would stick with your plans! I went at 7 mos pregnant and though I often found myself on benches, enjoying a snack and people-watching while the family rode the big stuff, I felt like for the first time, we were forced to slow down and we actually noticed things we had usually rushed right past. We took several pool breaks which were wonderful - and the baby kicked like crazy when I was in the pool. It was a great trip. Plus it was fun to shop for the baby at the parks :) And pictures of a baby bump at WDW are a great keepsake.

I went to DLR at about 5 months - my then 18 month old daughter could ride more than I could! That's only because a few rides have jarring stops (autotopia, for example). It was still a blast.

Food and Wine will totally have lots of things to eat and drink for you. You will have a great time!! :)

I went just 3 weeks ago when I was 30 weeks pregnant. Luckily, I don't normally do most of the 'thrill' rides anyway, so I don't feel I missed out on anything. I was definitely much more exhausted than on past trips and I very much underestimated how hard it would be on my feet - even with super comfortable sneakers and breaks. That being said, I still had a ball. Would I do it again that pregnant? I honestly don't know...

Our last trip to WDW was in April 2013 when I was about 3-4 months pregnant...just into my second trimester (I was due in October). Out of the four trips we took, April was the warmest weather, but I managed. Since we had been to WDW a few times, it didn't matter to me that I couldn't go on any of the thrill rides, and we tried to take it easy. The hardest part was actually food/drink restrictions because we went during F&G and we are total Disney foodies.

Now we have a trip booked for October, and our plan is for me to be right around the same stage of pregnancy at that point, but this time we will have a 2-year-old and I will be missing out on the Mine Train and the new Test Track, among other things. Plus, I will have to leave out the "wine" part of F&W. Still, I am super-excited about the trip because it is our first vacation with our son, and we miss WDW terribly. We probably won't get to take another vacation for a few years after that, so we are going to make the most of it. Traveling while pregnant does have its challenges, but it's totally do-able!

I went to DW 7 months pregnant with my first son, it was awesome! We went in July/August, it was hot, of course. You just have to hydrate, take breaks, and heed the ride warning signs. It was so fun! Don't worry, it's doable for most women!

My aunt came to WDW with us when she was 8 months. Simple rides you can do are:

MK:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Carousel
Buzz Lightyear
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Peter Pan's Flight
Little Mermaid
Liberty Riverboat
Dumbo
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Jungle Cruise
any of the shows

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth
Figment
Livin' with the Land
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
any of the shows

Hollywood Studios:
Great Movie Ride
Backlot Tour
Toy Story Mania
any of the shows

Animal Kingdom:
(I don't recommend Kilimanjaro Safari, but it's not impossible)
any of the shows

Clearly there's still a lot to do, so go for it and have fun! :)

First off - I wouldn't worry about it, until you do become pregnant. Everyone's journey to pregnancy is different, just like every pregnancy is different. It took us a very long time, to get such a blessing... that being said we have a trip planned for June and I will be 21 weeks pregnant then. We will not be changing the trip unless I was forbidden. We've been many times, so I'm looking forward to taking it slow and enjoying the smaller things for this trip. We will make memories and we are excited about this trip, even though it will be different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter