Premier Ultimate or VIP tour?

GoldeneyezCA

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we’re heading to DLP for a day-trip from Paris during Easter week, likely Thurs Apr 13. Two adults, a teen and a tween (14 and 10), and we’re Magic key holders for Disneyland who also recently visited WDW, so we’re familiar with navigating the US parks. I just booked park-hoppers and a night at the Marvel hotel so we can stay late for the drone show.

To make the most of our day during a crowded time, should we do Premier Ultimate or a VIP tour? The tours are more reasonably priced than in the US, so I’m considering it. But I want to be able to take in the atmosphere, and I’m worried that we’d be rushing around too much if we do the tour. Anyone have thoughts on this?

A one day trip, during a busy time, that is a good reason to buy some help.

Either way, I think you will find yourself rushing around to get the most out of your day.

Did you book a package deal or hotel and tickets separate? If you have a package you will have access on your departure day as well with EMH access as of 8.30. Most headliners are open during this period.

Thank you! I’ve booked a package: one night at Marvel for Apr 13, and I guess that gives us two park days. I don’t know if we’ll go the second day, though, since it’s our last full day in Paris. We really don’t have to do everything - we just want to see the things that are unique or different.

I’ve booked lunch at Walt’s and dinner at Remy’s, though I may end up changing that to a quick-service as we get closer, given the mixed reviews for Remy’s.

2 table services, can easily take you 2-3 hours out of your day. Table service in France takes longer than in the US. In France it's part of the culture to dine in peace. There is less of a rush to get you out of the restaurant as soon as possible. Remy's you have to do for the decor not the food. (In my personal opinion: you shouldn't go to DLP for the food anyway, especially not for a one day visit. For great French food, look for a good restaurant in Paris or the area, but not at DLP, it's a waste of time and money)

I would have a look at all the rides, shows, characters etc. and make a plan what you really want to see/do and what is a bonus. Make use of EMH on both days and you might not even need the Premier Access pass.

I'm now looking at your exact date. Extra complication is that the 12th is the anniversary of Disneyland Paris. As of this date there will be a 'new' fireworks show. Disney Dreams returns. This fireworks show was extremely popular. This could attract extra (local) AP-holders on the 12th and the days after.

If it's a first time visit I would advise against going on the anniversary itself. It'll be busy but there is usually special entertainment on the day itself, even when it's not a big anniversary.

Monday 10th of April is a national holiday, but only for one region in France the entire week is a vacation week. Luckily for you not the Paris region.

In short, crowdwise, it is very likely busy, but maybe not as busy as you might expect. It can go all ways :P

Thank you! Yes, after booking both restaurants, I realized that it will take up too much time. We always do one sit-down meal at Disney parks just to get off our feet for a bit, so I may stick with Walt’s lunch, given the better reviews.

Thank you for the notice about the anniversary - I didn’t know that, so we’ll avoid that day! I saw the Disney Dreams announcement and figured we’d have to choose one nighttime show to attend, so we’ll likely do the drone show.

Thank you! Yes, after booking both restaurants, I realized that it will take up too much time. We always do one sit-down meal at Disney parks just to get off our feet for a bit, so I may stick with Walt’s lunch, given the better reviews.

Thank you for the notice about the anniversary - I didn’t know that, so we’ll avoid that day! I saw the Disney Dreams announcement and figured we’d have to choose one nighttime show to attend, so we’ll likely do the drone show.
By drone show which do you mean as both parks now have one? Also dLP has so many unique attractions that are the best compared to WDW and DL. I would use extra magical hours and go a-la-cart. With crush being the one completely unique ride that premier pass is justified.

Thank you. I meant the Marvel drone show, but I read about Dreams - not sure which we should choose since we only have one night. What do you recommend?

Thank you. I meant the Marvel drone show, but I read about Dreams - not sure which we should choose since we only have one night. What do you recommend?
Why don't you do both and dreams! Dreams is one of the best night time shows Disney has ever done and we don't know if they will sprinkle more magic aka drones into it! The studios park always closes earlier. Then go over to the main park.

Thank you. I didn’t realize that was possible, since the park hours aren’t available.

I think we’ve decided against the VIP tour. We want to go at our own pace and wander through the walk-through attractions. I was interested in the reserved seating area, though. How hard is it to find spots for the nighttime shows?

Thank you. I didn’t realize that was possible, since the park hours aren’t available.

I think we’ve decided against the VIP tour. We want to go at our own pace and wander through the walk-through attractions. I was interested in the reserved seating area, though. How hard is it to find spots for the nighttime shows?
I would get reserved seating for dreams. It's a super popular show. What you may not realise is it's not just clips hashed together the animation was done by original Disney animators for Peter and the crew. It's a proper story and should not be missed. Remember it would have only just come back so it will be busy.

How do I get reserved seating? This is one of the reasons I was considering the VIP tour. We do dessert parties or dining packages at DL and WDW, but I’ve only seen seating for the Lion King show online so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter