• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premium Annual Pass/DDE

aDVCguy

"Have itch...MUST see Mouse!"
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Ya Hoo!
Just received my premium annual pass today!
So, naturally called up MS to inquire about the DDE card. MS said that it becomes valid the day of purchase...MS said to order it in Jan '06 being that we'll be @ BWV on or about Feb. 20 (depends if MS calls me for the extra day(s) we want) and that it'll take 3 weeks to receive it.
So, does Jan '06 sound about right for DDE purchase?
Thanks all ...for the input!

:moped: Have itch...must see Mouse!

:cool1: :wave: :wave2:

That sounds good, because if the worse comes to worst they can get you a temporary card. My new DDE came within about 2 weeks from ordering.

Too bad they could not have it start when you first use it, as in, activate upon first usage. That would be way cool.

Can this (DDE) not be purchased on-site at the beginning of your trip?

Lora, right now you can't purchase a DDE membership on site.

January sounds right for a February trip. I called several weeks ago and told them that we were heading to WDW in early October. They suggested we order our membership the first full week in September. So I called right after Labor Day to start the process. We may be lucky and get our card before we leave, but if we don't, they said to call on September 30th and they'll have a temporary card waiting for us at Epcot on October 3rd.

Lora said:
Can this (DDE) not be purchased on-site at the beginning of your trip?
Yes, but I believe you still have to order it over the phone (**see below...) and the DDE office is only open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. Once you order it, they will create a temporary card for you and leave it at Epcot for you to pick up that afternoon. Due to the office only being open during the week, if you arrive anytime between late afternoon on Fri or anytime Sat or Sun, you will have to wait until Monday to order the card. In that case, you will miss out on a few days of discounted meals.

** I have read one report of someone being able to order DDE while purchasing an annual pass at Downtown Disney, i.e., they didn't have to order it over the phone. They still had to go to Epcot to pick up the temporary card, however.

You might want to monitor the Restaurants board for more info on DDE because things continue to evolve since it first became available to AP holders this January. It's good to check out people's latest experiences with how to order, when to order, etc. because things keep changing.

I got our AP vouchers last week. I guess I better call tomorrow for the DDE since we arrive at WDW 10/14.

Hi :wave2:
we called ms for the discounted AP`s back in jan. Recieved the vouchers about 2 weeks later, but weren`t going to activate them until our trip, Aug. 05.
Around july 10th, we called to order the DDE card. the cm said that due to the heavy calling, the card distribution was backed up, and, if we didn`t receive the cards before we were leaving, to call her, and a temp. would be waiting for us @ epcot guest relations. :rolleyes:
luckily, we received the actual cards in the mail, about 5 days before we were leaving, eliminating the extra trip to epcot guest relations( when we arrived) to get a temp !!!! :banana: The cards have an exp. date of Aug.31, `06 :goodvibes
For all those who are hesitating to call for the DDE card, "it is very much worth it!!!" It honestly, (in our oppinion, paid for itself in NO TIME :cool1: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter