Premium Magic Bands

Dawna

Mouseketeer
I tried to order premium magic bands off my Disney Experience, but none are available. Has anyone heard if they are going to restock the bands?

Thanks!!

Nope no word yet. I've seen a few people post that they called in recently and the CM's haven't been given an ETA on restocking.

Disney CMS(so grain of salt) stated that the upgraded magic bands is not a temporary promotion and they are calling the current situation a "technical glitch". So yes they should restock but who knows when and Id expect them to be gone again quickly when they do.

Disney CMS(so grain of salt) stated that the upgraded magic bands is not a temporary promotion and they are calling the current situation a "technical glitch". So yes they should restock but who knows when and Id expect them to be gone again quickly when they do.

Yup. When they last restocked last week, the premium bands were gone in about two hours. And there was no heads-up that the restock was happening.

My trip is not for 125 days. However this morning they had Stitch available which I think my DD would like.
So my question is if I purchase this band today am I locked into this band or do I still have the ability to change like the free complimentary bands. I believe with the free bands you can change up to 30 days before your trip.
Thanks!

My trip is not for 125 days. However this morning they had Stitch available which I think my DD would like.
So my question is if I purchase this band today am I locked into this band or do I still have the ability to change like the free complimentary bands. I believe with the free bands you can change up to 30 days before your trip.
Thanks!
For premium bands, once you complete your order, you are set. If you just pick the bands but don’t complete the order, your magic band will stay selected until it is out of stock. Then it will show like you never selected a magic band previously

For premium bands, once you complete your order, you are set. If you just pick the bands but don’t complete the order, your magic band will stay selected until it is out of stock. Then it will show like you never selected a magic band previously
Thanks.

Do you feel this is something Disney will continue for months or even years or is this more of a promotion??

Point being even though my trip isn't for 4 months would you jump on this now??

I sent an email to guest services (a couple of weeks ago) and they called me the following day and told me that they have a "huge" shipment coming and should completely be re-stocked around the beginning of July. She empathized that the order was in thousands of each MBs. My trip is in November so, I am waiting to see how accurate she was before just settling on MBs.

I ordered the birthday and Captain America bands last week and they arrived 2 days ago. :woohoo:

I know they released some new premium bands, and some of which are sold out. Does anyone know though if they'll restock from this point on? Or are these all gone now? Thanks!

Everyone. Please don't waste your time. Disney has really fumbled the ball on this, because when the premium bands do finally show up online they are actually not really available as many will attest.

I have, many times, selected a premium band that was just made available, updated the engraving on the back, selected done, went through the purchase details, selecting delivery address, and credit card only to have the app or online web state there was an error.

Calling Disney about this, their response is that the error is common for when there isn't inventory available. When I explained that does not make sense, because the premium band I selected just showed up, stating that it was not available as a selection earlier in the day, and now is, therefore something changed in order for it to show up. I get the same response, and then an even worse response, which was... Just keep checking and trying until it works.

As a software engineer, I can tell you that when you execute a purchasing process online, and fill in "all necessary information" to complete the transaction, only to have the system tell you there is an error, and then having their on-call technical support state the error is because of no inventory, that is called a bug and needs to be fixed! ASAP!

Here is somethings they can do...
1. If they can raise an error at the end of the process because they checked the inventory, then they can check the inventory at the beginning and not make the option available!
2. If the customer calls in with such a scenario, your response should not be... oh, just keep trying maybe you will get lucky!
3. Now I know there is the rare occurrence where you might select an item for purchase that was made available online, but because of timing, that item became unavailable due to someone else being faster and got the last one. This kind of situation is rare, and should be mitigated earlier on in the execution of an online purchase, and not at the very end!
4. The error displayed is too generic, prompting some customers to contact on-call support and wait the usually long period and waste more time. Here Disney should display a more detailed error, which might prevent customers wasting more time trying to figure out the error by contacting on-call support! If they displayed something like... ewwww, you just missed it, someone got the last one 0.00001 seconds ago... or maybe simply... The item just went out of stock... the customer would not need to contact on-call support to find out why there was an error.
5. In general, if an item is displayed for purchase, then it should be available for purchase, or at the very least the description should state that it is out of stock. If it is not available then don't show it!
6. If an item is available and selected, then that item should be locked in the system with enough time to complete the purchase, meaning someone else cannot take it between the time you selected and finalized the purchase. Ticketmaster does this, why can't Disney?

Sorry everyone, I am really frustrated by Disney on this matter! And most of my frustration is due to glitches in the system that are really easy to fix! I have been trying for nearly a week now to get a premium band I like. I have been through this purchase process about six times now, only to have it result in a generic error at some point during the purchase process. Just tried twice today with two different bands that were just made available (the Darth Vader Band and the Mickey Sorcerer Band) with the same result!

Their response... So sorry, keep trying and wasting more time... Oh yeah... and have a magical day!

Come-on Disney! We are used to excellence from you. You can do better than this!

Everyone. Please don't waste your time. Disney has really fumbled the ball on this, because when the premium bands do finally show up online they are actually not really available as many will attest.

I have, many times, selected a premium band that was just made available, updated the engraving on the back, selected done, went through the purchase details, selecting delivery address, and credit card only to have the app or online web state there was an error.

Calling Disney about this, their response is that the error is common for when there isn't inventory available. When I explained that does not make sense, because the premium band I selected just showed up, stating that it was not available as a selection earlier in the day, and now is, therefore something changed in order for it to show up. I get the same response, and then an even worse response, which was... Just keep checking and trying until it works.

As a software engineer, I can tell you that when you execute a purchasing process online, and fill in "all necessary information" to complete the transaction, only to have the system tell you there is an error, and then having their on-call technical support state the error is because of no inventory, that is called a bug and needs to be fixed! ASAP!

Here is somethings they can do...
1. If they can raise an error at the end of the process because they checked the inventory, then they can check the inventory at the beginning and not make the option available!
2. If the customer calls in with such a scenario, your response should not be... oh, just keep trying maybe you will get lucky!
3. Now I know there is the rare occurrence where you might select an item for purchase that was made available online, but because of timing, that item became unavailable due to someone else being faster and got the last one. This kind of situation is rare, and should be mitigated earlier on in the execution of an online purchase, and not at the very end!
4. The error displayed is too generic, prompting some customers to contact on-call support and wait the usually long period and waste more time. Here Disney should display a more detailed error, which might prevent customers wasting more time trying to figure out the error by contacting on-call support! If they displayed something like... ewwww, you just missed it, someone got the last one 0.00001 seconds ago... or maybe simply... The item just went out of stock... the customer would not need to contact on-call support to find out why there was an error.
5. In general, if an item is displayed for purchase, then it should be available for purchase, or at the very least the description should state that it is out of stock. If it is not available then don't show it!
6. If an item is available and selected, then that item should be locked in the system with enough time to complete the purchase, meaning someone else cannot take it between the time you selected and finalized the purchase. Ticketmaster does this, why can't Disney?

Sorry everyone, I am really frustrated by Disney on this matter! And most of my frustration is due to glitches in the system that are really easy to fix! I have been trying for nearly a week now to get a premium band I like. I have been through this purchase process about six times now, only to have it result in a generic error at some point during the purchase process. Just tried twice today with two different bands that were just made available (the Darth Vader Band and the Mickey Sorcerer Band) with the same result!

Their response... So sorry, keep trying and wasting more time... Oh yeah... and have a magical day!

Come-on Disney! We are used to excellence from you. You can do better than this!

Believe it or not, the premium bands are available at one point when they show up on the My Disney Experience site. They just have been selling out pretty fast. Only reason I say this is because I finally figured out how to navigate the site and I kept reloading periodically each day. Well, yesterday I finally saw the bands that have been eluding me and was able to get the ones I wanted. I got to the purchase confirmation, and now they're showing up as my set bands in my account. Once I saw the premium bands available, I made the purchase as fast as I possibly could.

So for anyone still wanting certain bands... keep checking! They seem to be restocking periodically and I got lucky yesterday!

Disney does not have a great system in place and they keep restocking in what seems such small quantities they run in to issues.

You can get them though if you care enough about refreshing at random times during the day.

Disney does not have a great system in place and they keep restocking in what seems such small quantities they run in to issues.

You can get them though if you care enough about refreshing at random times during the day.
I share your philosophy; however, day five (3 to go) of trying a to get two bands (I don't have a life so I check about 20x a day--seriously) for one reservation isn't working. I understand the changing stock. I just wish they would NOT SHOW and item available when it is clearly not. It may go into the cart, but then won't go through at checkout. Then, you have to try to figure out which one is the issue. Mostly, it just errors (Dismiss/Retry) out when trying to select.
Rather than going into incognito mode, I just empty browser data each time to start fresh next time. That may be wasted effort, but it's like part of the game for me.

I'm about to sub Donald's "Aw, phooey!" for one I'm trying to get. It just seems appropriate.
Aw, phooey! That one didn't work, either.

Last edited:
This whole process has been beyond frustrating for me! I’ve been trying for weeks, multiple times a day. Plus, have called twice. I keep wondering who in the world is getting any of the popular bands!! And then to try to get another style for a different person in your party is not even in the realm! Does anyone have any insight as to when this system may get fixed? Is Disney addressing the problem?
Thanks for any encouragement...

This whole process has been beyond frustrating for me! I’ve been trying for weeks, multiple times a day. Plus, have called twice. I keep wondering who in the world is getting any of the popular bands!! And then to try to get another style for a different person in your party is not even in the realm! Does anyone have any insight as to when this system may get fixed? Is Disney addressing the problem?
Thanks for any encouragement...

My biggest beef is if they can hold a room reservation once it's in the cart until you check out( I think it's like 15 minutes or so they give you), then why in the world can't they hold a band.

If one didn't know better, it would seem they almost want to get you all psyched up about the bands and then not be able to get them so you'll pay full price.

Yes, I know a few lucky individuals get the upgraded band they want, but I've been at this for weeks now and get them into the cart and then they are gone. Even worse, like today for example, the " All about the bows" one wasn't there this morning, and I kept checking every 30 minutes and then it was there but when I tried to select it, it's not available and it's now been hours of it still showing as an option.

Yes, I know a few lucky individuals get the upgraded band they want, but I've been at this for weeks now and get them into the cart and then they are gone. Even worse, like today for example, the " All about the bows" one wasn't there this morning, and I kept checking every 30 minutes and then it was there but when I tried to select it, it's not available and it's now been hours of it still showing as an option.
[/QUOTE]
Exact same situation I face! It doesn’t make sense for a company like Disney. Especially since it has been happening for a long time by Disney standards. You would think they would have worked out the “bugs” by now.

I was lucky and got them for my July trip. However, it took constant checking and even then one of us had to take a third choice so the other two could get their first choice. By the time the other ones travelling with us logged on, they were gone. They never did get any bands. It was also annoying in that the entire order for the whole room had to be done right then and there. Why couldn't they allow me to pick the two and then wait to choose the third? I had plenty of time before my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter