Press Pennies Tip

THE RAT

Mouseketeer
What I used to Hold Quarters & Pennies were the little tubes container that mini m&m come in
they came in handy my DD held them in her fanny pack and every time she came to one it was real easy to find the pennies & quarters

Wow - thanks for the great tip ! I know that I have some of those around - probably in my "junk" drawer (my dh marvels at all the little things I save that may come in handy some day !!) Our 2 oldest dd's have gone through all the pennies in their piggybanks and have sorted out all the pre-1982 pennies to use at the penny-press machines. They can't wait to get a book and start their collection --- in 31 days !!!

We use the film containers from the 35mm film. Always save the shiny new pennies.........why pre 1982?????

I've read that, starting in 1982, an alloy (??) was added to pennies - this tends to make them "streak" in the penny-pressing machines. We are going to clean-up all of our pre-1982 pennies, to get the shiniest and most streak-free pressed pennies. Check-out this web site for more info: http://www.liss.olm.net/ec/disney/wdw/
:bounce:

This is too weird -I actually saved one last week thinking "I'm sure I can use this for something in my Disney packing"- thanks for the great tip. I also save the shiny pennies from our change jar when we roll it up.

you know something we did this to this past May very convienient... didnt have to go digging around for change she had the pennies and quarters already there and ready to go...

This is interesting. I was in Canada last year, and realized that the coins are the same size and shape than US coins.

I always use pennies from the year we are there, so I am on a shiny 2001 penny hunt now! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter